1. Now in the eighteenth year of King Jeroboam, Abijah began to reign over Judah.
2. He reigned three years in Jerusalem. His mother’s name also was Michaiah, She is called Maachah the granddaughter of Absalom in 2 Chr. 11:20the daughter of Uriel of Gibeah. And there was war between Abijah and Jeroboam.
3. And Abijah set the battle in order with an army of mighty men of war, four hundred thousand chosen men. Jeroboam also set the battle in order against him with eight hundred thousand chosen men, mighty men of valor.
4. And Abijah stood up on Mount Zemaraim, in the hills of Ephraim, and said, “Hear me, Jeroboam and all Israel.
5. Should you not know that the LORD God of Israel gave the kingdom over Israel to David forever, to him and to his sons by a covenant of salt?
6. Yet Jeroboam the son of Nebat, the servant of Solomon the son of David, has risen up and has rebelled against his lord.
7. And there are gathered to him vain men, the children of Belial, and have made themselves strong against Rehoboam the son of Solomon; and Rehoboam was young and tenderhearted and could not withstand them.
8. And now you think to withstand the kingdom of the LORD in the hands of the sons of David. And you are a great multitude, and there are with you golden calves which Jeroboam made you for gods.
9. Have you not cast out the priests of the LORD, the sons of Aaron, and the Levites, and have you not made priests to yourselv es like the peoples of the lands? Whoever comes to consecrate himself with a young bull and seven rams, he may be a priest of those who are not gods.
10. But as for us, the LORD is our God, and we have not forsaken Him. And the priests who minister to the LORD are the sons of Aaron, and the Levites in the work.
11. And they burn to the LORD every morning and every evening burnt sacrifices and sweet incense, and set in order the showbread upon the pure table, and the lampstand of gold with its lamps to burn every evening, for we keep the charge of the LORD our God, but youhave forsaken Him.
12. And behold, God Himself is with us as Commander and His priests with sounding silver trumpets to cry the alarm against you. O children of Israel, do not fight against the LORD God of your fathers, for you shall not prosper!”
13. But Jeroboam caused an ambush to come around behind them, so that they were in front of Judah, and the ambush was behind them.
14. And Judah turned, and, behold, the battle was before and behind. And they cried to the LORD, and the priests sounded with the silver trumpets.
15. And the men of Judah shouted. Then it came to pass as the men of Judah shouted, God struck Jeroboam and all Israel before Abijah and Judah.
16. And the children of Israel fled before Judah. And God delivered them into their hand.
17. And Abijah and his people killed them with a great slaughter. And there fell down dead five hundred thousand chosen men of Israel.
18. And the children of Israel were subdued at that time, and the children of Judah won because they relied upon the LORD God of their fathers.
19. And Abijah pursued Jeroboam and took cities from him—Bethel with its villages, and Jeshanah with its villages, and Ephron with its villages.
20. And Jeroboam did not recover strength again in the days of Abijah. And the LORD struck him and he died.
21. But Abijah became mighty, and married fourteen wives, and begat twenty-two sons and sixteen daughters.
22. And the rest of the acts of Abijah, and his ways, and his sayings, are written in the commentary of the prophet Iddo.
HCHNcmscalso was Michaiah,H4322
HNpAnd there wasH1961
HToset the battleH4421
HCHVqw3mswith an armyH2428
HRHNcmsaof mighty menH1368
HCHNpalso set the battleH4421
HTrin the hillsH2022
HRHSp3msand to his sonsH1121
HCHRHNcmpcHSp3msby a covenantH1285
HNphas risen upH6965
HCHVqw3msand has rebelledH4775
And there are gatheredH6908
HNcmsaand have made themselves strongH553
HNcmsaand could notH3808
HNcfscof the LORDH3068
HNpin the handsH3027
HRHNcbscof the sonsH1121
HNcmsaand there are with youH5973
Have you notH3808
HNcmpcof the LORD,H3068
HNpand the Levites,H3881
HCHTdHNgmpaand have you not madeH6213
HRHSp2mplike the peoplesH5971
HRHNcmpcof the lands?H776
HNcbscHSp3mswith a youngH1121
HCHNcmpahe may beH1961
HNcmsaof those who are notH3808
But as for us,H587
HNcmpcHSp1cpand we have notH3808
HVqp1cpHSp3msAnd the priestsH3548
HVprmpato the LORDH3068
HRHNpare the sonsH1121
HNpand the LevitesH3881
HCHTdHNgmpain the work.H4399
And they burnH6999
HCHVhrmpato the LORDH3068
HCHNcfscand set in order the showbreadH3899
HTdHNcmsaand the lampstandH5216
HTdHNcmsawith its lampsH4501
HNcfscof the LORDH3068
HTdHNcmpaHimself is with usH5973
HRdHNcmsaand His priestsH3548
HCHNcfpcto crythe alarmH7321
HNcmpcof your fathers,H1
HCyou shall notH3808
HTocaused an ambushH3993
HRHRHSp3mpso that they wereH1961
HNpand the ambushH3993
HCHNcmsaAnd they criedH6817
HCHVqw3mpto the LORD,H3068
HRHNpand the priestsH3548
HVhrmpawith the silver trumpets.H2689
And the menH376
HCHVhw3mpThen it came to passH1961
HCHVqw3msas the menH376
HNpand his peopleH5971
HRHSp3mpwith a greatH7227
HNcfsaAnd there fell downH5307
And the childrenH1121
HRdHNcbsaand the childrenH1121
HNcmpcof their fathers.H1
HNpwith its villages.H1323
HDin the daysH3117
HNpAnd the LORDH3068
HCHVqw3msHSp3msand he died.H4191
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved