1. And Abijah slept with his fathers, and they buried him in the city of David. And his son Asa reigned in his place. In his days the land was quiet ten years.
2. And Asa did that which was good and right in the eyes of the LORD his God,
3. For he took away the altars of the strange gods, and the high places, and broke down the images, and cut down the groves.
4. And he commanded Judah to seek the LORD God of their fathers, and to do the law and the commandment.
5. He also took out of all the cities of Judah the high places and the images. And the kingdom was quiet before him.
6. And he built fortified cities in Judah, for the land had rest, and he had no war in those years because the LORD had given him rest.
7. And he said to Judah, “Let us build these cities and make walls around them, and towers, gates and bars, while the land is still before us, because we have sought the LORD our God. We have sought Him, and He has given us rest on every side.” And they built and were blessed.
8. And Asa had an army which bore bucklers and spears, three hundred thousand out of Judah. And out of Benjamin there were two hundred and eighty thousand who bore shields and drew bows; all these were mighty men of valor.
9. And Zerah the Ethiopian came out against them with an army of a million men and three hundred chariots. And he came to Mareshah.
10. And Asa went out against him, and they set the battle in order in the valley of Zephathah at Mareshah.
11. And Asa cried to the LORD his God and said, “LORD, it is nothing with You to help, whether with many or with him who has no power. Help us, O LORD our God, for we rely on You, and in Your name we go against this multitude. O LORD, You are our God. Do not let man prevail against You.”
12. And the LORD struck the Cushites before Asa and before Judah. And the Cushites fled.
13. And Asa and the people with him pursued them to Gerar. And the Cushites fell, for none was left alive of them, for they were destroyed before the LORD and before His army. And they carried away very much spoil.
14. And they struck all the cities around Gerar, for the fear of the LORD came upon them. And they plundered all the cities, for there was very much spoil in them.
15. And they struck those who had livestock, and carried away sheep and camels in abundance and returned to Jerusalem.
HNcmpcHSp3msand they buriedH6912
HToHSp3msin the cityH5892
HNpAnd his sonH1121
HCHVqw3msin his place.H8478
HRHSp3msIn his daysH3117
For he took awayH5493
HNcmpcof the strangeH5236
HTdHNcmsagods, and the high places,H1116
HCHTdHNcfpaand broke downH7665
HTdHNcfpaand cut downH1438
And he commandedH559
HNcmpcof their fathers,H1
HNcmpcHSp3mpand to doH6213
HTdHNcfsaand the commandment.H4687
He also tookH5493
HCHVhw3msout of allH3605
HTothe high placesH1116
HTdHNcmpaAnd the kingdomH4467
And he builtH1129
HRHNpfor the landH776
HChe had noH369
HRHSp3mshad given him rest.H5117
And he saidH559
HRHNp"Let us buildH1129
HTdHNcfpaand make wallsH2346
HCHVhi1cpthem, and towers,H4026
HCHNcmpawhile the landH776
HCwe have soughtH1875
HNcmpcHSp1cpWe have soughtH1875
HVqp1cpHim, and He has given usHl
HCHVhw3mson every side."H5439
HRHNcbsaAnd they builtH1129
HCHVqw3mpand were blessed.H6743
HAcbsaout of Judah.H3063
HRHNpAnd out of BenjaminH1144
HCHRHNpthere were two hundredH3967
HRHSp3mpwith an armyH2428
HRHNcmsaof a million menH505
HCHNcfpaAnd he cameH935
HAamsaor with him who has noH369
HRHSp2msand in Your nameH8034
HPp2msare our God.H430
HNpand the peopleH5971
HRHNpAnd the CushitesH3569
HRHTnwas left aliveH4241
HRHSp3mpfor they were destroyedH7665
HNcbscHSp3msAnd they carried awayH5375
And they struckH5221
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
HRHSp3mpAnd they plunderedH962
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved