1. Then the Spirit of God came upon Azariah the son of Oded.
2. And he went out to meet Asa, and said to him, “Hear me, Asa, and all Judah and Benjamin. The LORD is with you while you are with Him. And if you seek Him, He will be found by you. But if you forsake Him, He will forsake you.
3. Now for a long time Israel had been without the true God, and without a teaching priest, and without law.
4. And when they turned in their trouble to the LORD God of Israel, and sought Him, He was found by them.
5. And in those times there was no peace to him who went out, nor to him who came in, but great tumult was upon all the inhabitants of the lands.
6. And nation was destroyed by nation, and city by city, for God troubled them with every adversity.
7. But you be strong and do not let your hands be weak, for your work shall be rewarded.”
8. Now when Asa heard these words, and the prophecy of Oded the prophet, he took courage and put away the abominable idols out of all the land of Judah and Benjamin, and out of the cities which he had taken from Mount Ephraim. And he renewed the altar of the LORD before the porch of the LORD.
9. And he gathered all Judah and Benjamin, and the strangers with them out of Ephraim and Manasseh, and out of Simeon; for they fell to him out of Israel in great numbers, when they saw that the LORD his God was with him.
10. And they gathered at Jerusalem in the third month in the fifteenth year of the reign of Asa.
11. And they offered to the LORD in that day of the spoil which they had brought, seven hundred oxen and seven thousand sheep.
12. And they entered into a covenant to seek the LORD God of their fathers with all their heart and with all their soul,
13. And that whoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.
14. And they swore to the LORD with a loud voice, and with shouting, and with silver trumpets, and with rams’ horns.
15. And all Judah rejoiced at the oath, for they had sworn with all their heart and sought Him with their whole desire. And He was found by them, and the LORD gave them rest all around.
16. And also as to Maachah the mother of Asa the king, he removed her from being queen mother because she had made an idol in a grove. And Asa cut down her idol and stamped it and burned it at the brook Kidron.
17. But the high places were not taken away out of Israel. Nevertheless, the heart of Asa was perfect all his days.
18. And he brought into the house of God the things which his father had dedicated, and that which he himself had dedicated, silver and gold and vessels.
19. And there was no war to the thirty-fifth year of the reign of Asa.
And he went outH3318
HRHSp2mpwhile you areH1961
HCHCyou seek Him,H1875
HVqi2mpHSp3msHe will be foundH4672
HCHCyou forsake Him,H5800
HVqi2mpHSp3msHe will forsakeH5800
Now for a longH7227
And when they turnedH7725
HCHVqw3msin their troubleH6862
HNpand sought Him,H1245
HCHVpw3mpHSp3msHe was foundH4672
And in thoseH1992
HNcmsato him who went out,H3318
HRdHVqrmsanor to him who came in,H935
HVqrmpcof the lands.H776
Now when AsaH609
HTdHNcmpaand the prophecyH5016
HTdHNcmsahe took courageH2388
HVtp3msand put awayH5674
HCHVhw3msthe abominable idolsH8251
HTdHNcmpaout of allH3605
HCHNpand out ofH4480
HTrhe had takenH3920
HNpAnd he renewedH2318
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
HNcmscof the LORD.H3068
And he gatheredH6908
HCHNpand the strangersH1481
HRHSp3mpout of EphraimH669
HCHNpand out of Simeon;H8095
HRHSp3msout of IsraelH3478
HRHNpin great numbers,H7230
HRHNcbsawhen they sawH7200
And they offeredH2076
HCHVqw3mpto the LORDH3068
HTdHNcmsawhich they had brought,H935
And they enteredH935
HCHVqw3mpinto a covenantH1285
HNcmpcof their fathersH1
HNcmscHSp3mpand with allH3605
HNpshould be put to death,H4191
HCthey had swornH7650
HNcmscHSp3mpand sought HimH1245
HVpp3cpHSp3mswith their wholeH3605
HNcmscHSp3mpAnd He was foundH4672
HRHSp3mpand the LORDH3068
HVhp3msHSp3fsher from being queen motherH1377
HTrshe had madeH6213
HNcfsain a grove.H842
HNcfscHSp3fsand stamped itH1854
HCHVqw3msitat the brookH5158
But the high placesH1116
HVqp3cpout of Israel.H3478
And he broughtH935
HCHVhw3msinto the houseH1004
HTothe things which his fatherH1
HNcmpcand that which he himself had dedicated,H6942
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved