1. Then Jehoshaphat his son reigned in his place. And he made himself strong against Israel.
2. And he placed troops in all the fortified cities of Judah, and set troops in the land of Judah and in the cities of Ephraim which Asa his father had taken.
3. And the LORD was with Jehoshaphat because he walked in the first ways of his father David and did not seek to the Baalim.
4. But he sought to the God of his father, and walked in His commandments, and not according to the practices of Israel.
5. Therefore, the LORD established the kingdom in his hand. And all Judah brought presents to Jehoshaphat. And he had great riches and honor.
6. And his heart delighted in the ways of the LORD. And he took away the high places and groves out of Judah.
7. And in the third year of his reign he sent to his princes, to Ben-Hail, and to Obadiah, and to Zechariah, and to Nethanel, and to Michaiah, to teach in the cities of Judah.
8. And with them he sent Levites: Shemaiah, and Nethaniah, and Zebadiah, and Asahel, and Shemiramoth, and Jehonathan, and Adonijah, and Tobijah, and Tobadonijah—the Levites. And with them he sent Elishama and Jehoram the priests.
9. And they taught in Judah and had the book of the law of the LORD with them, and went around throughout all the cities of Judah and taught the people.
10. And the fear of the LORD fell upon all the kingdoms of the lands around Judah so that they did not make war against Jehoshaphat.
11. And some of the Philistines brought Jehoshaphat presents and silver for tribute. Also the Arabians brought him flocks, seven thousand and seven hundred rams, and seven thousand and seven hundred he-goats.
12. And Jehoshaphat became exceedingly great. And he built fortresses in Judah and store cities.
13. And he had much business in the cities of Judah. And the men of war, mighty men of valor, were in Jerusalem.
14. And these were their numbers for the house of their fathers from Judah, the commanders of thousands: Adnah the chief, and with him were three hundred thousand mighty men of valor.
15. And next to him was Jehohanan the chief, and with him were two hundred and eighty thousand.
16. And next to him was Amasiah the son of Zichri, who willingly offered himself to the LORD, and with him two hundred thousand mighty men of valor.
17. And from Benjamin was Eliada, a mighty man of valor, and with him two hundred thousand men armed with bow and shield.
18. And next to him was Jehozabad, and with him a hundred and eighty thousand ready and prepared for war.
19. These waited on the king, besides those whom the king put in the fortified cities throughout all Judah.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved