1. Then Jehoshaphat the king of Judah returned to his house in peace to Jerusalem.
2. And Jehu the son of Hanani the seer went out to meet him. And he said to King Jehoshaphat, “Should you help the ungodly and love those who hate the LORD—and by this bring wrath upon you from before the LORD?
3. But there are good things found in you in that you have taken away the groves out of the land and have prepared your heart to seek God.”
4. And Jehoshaphat lived at Jerusalem. And he went out again among the people from Beersheba to Mount Ephraim and brought them back to the LORD God of their fathers.
5. And he set judges in the land, in all the fortified cities of Judah, city by city.
6. And he said to the judges, “Take heed what you do, for you do not judge for man, but for the LORD who is with you when you render judgment.
7. And now therefore, let the fear of the LORD be upon you. Be careful and act wisely, for there is no iniquity with the LORD our God, nor respect of persons, nor taking of a bribe.”
8. And Jehoshaphat set some of the Levites and of the priests and of the chief of the fathers of Israel in Jerusalem for the judgment of the LORD, and to settle disputes among the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
9. And he charged them, saying, “Now you shall act in the fear of the LORD, faithfully, and with a perfect heart.
10. And whatever cause shall come to you from your brethren that dwell in their cities, between blood and blood, between law and commandment, statutes and ordinances, you shall even warn them so that they do not sin against the LORD, and wrath come upon you and your brethren. Do this and you shall not sin.
11. And behold, Amariah the chief priest is over you in all matters of the LORD. And Zebadiah the son of Ishmael is the ruler of the house of Judah for all the king’s matters. Also the Levites shall be officers before you. Take courage and act, and the LORD shall be with the good.”
HNcbpcHSp3msAnd he saidH559
HNp"Should you helpH5826
HVqi2msthose who hateH8130
HNpand by thisH2063
HDthere are goodH2896
HCyou have taken awayH1197
HTdHNcbsaand have preparedH3559
HRHNpAnd he went outH3318
HCHVqw3msamong the peopleH5971
HNpand brought them backH7725
HNcmpcof their fathers.H1
And he saidH559
HCfor the LORDH3068
HRHNpwhois with youH5973
HCHRHSp2mpwhen you renderH1697
HCHDtherefore, let the fearH6343
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
HCHNcmscof a bribe."H7810
HTdHNgmpaand of the priestsH3548
HCHTdHNcmpaand of the chiefH7218
HCHRHNcmpcof the fathersH1
HRHNpfor the judgmentH4941
HRHNcmscof the LORD,H3068
HNpand to settle disputesH7379
HCHRdHNcbsaamong the inhabitantsH7725
And he chargedH6680
HDyou shall actH6213
HVqi2mpHSnin the fearH3374
HRHNcfscof the LORD,H3068
HRHNcfsaand with a perfectH8003
HRHSp2mpfrom your brethrenH251
HTdHVqrmpain their cities,H5892
HCHRHNcmpayou shall even warnH2094
HToHSp3mpso that they do notH3808
HVqi3mpagainst the LORD,H3068
HDand you shall notH3808
HNcmscof the LORD.H3068
HNpis the rulerH5057
HTdHNcmsaof the houseH1004
HNcmscAlso the LevitesH3881
HCHVqv2mpand the LORDH3068
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved