1. Jotham was twenty-five years old when he began to reign, and he reigned sixteen years in Jerusalem. And his mother’s name was Jerushah, the daughter of Zadok.
2. And he did what was right in the sight of the LORD, according to all that his father Uzziah did. Only, he did not enter into the temple of the LORD. And the people still did corruptly.
3. He built the Upper Gate of the house of the LORD, and on the wall of Ophel he built much.
4. And he built cities in the mountains of Judah, and in the forests he built fortresses and towers.
5. And he fought against the king of the Ammonites and prevailed over them. And the children of Ammon gave him the same year a hundred talents of silver and ten thousand measures of wheat, and ten thousand of barley. This the children of Ammon paid to him, both the second year and the third.
6. And Jotham became mighty because he prepared his ways before the LORD his God.
7. And the rest of the acts of Jotham, and all his wars, and his ways, lo, they are written in the book of the kings of Israel and Judah.
8. He was twenty-five years old when he began to reign, and he reigned sixteen years in Jerusalem.
9. And Jotham slept with his fathers, and they buried him in the city of David. And his son Ahaz reigned in his place.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved