1. Ahaz was twenty years old when he began to reign, and he reigned sixteen years in Jerusalem. But he did not do that which was right in the sight of the LORD, like David his father,
2. For he walked in the ways of the kings of Israel, and also made molded images for the Baalim.
3. And he burned incense in the valley of the son of Hinnom and burned his children in the fire, according to the abominations of the nations whom the LORD had cast out before the children of Israel.
4. And he sacrificed and burned incense in the high places, and on the hills, and under every green tree.
5. And the LORD his God delivered him into the hand of the king of Syria. And they struck him and carried away a great number into captivity and brought them to Damascus. And he was also delivered into the hand of the king of Israel, who struck him with a great slaughter.
6. And Pekah the son of Remaliah killed a hundred and twenty thousand in Judah in one day, all mighty men, because they had forsaken the LORD God of their fathers.
7. And Zichri, a mighty man of Ephraim, killed Maaseiah the king’s son, and Azrikam the governor of the house, and Elkanah who was next to the king.
8. And the children of Israel carried away captive two hundred thousand of their brethren, women, and daughters, and also took away much plunder from them and brought the plunder to Samaria.
9. But a prophet of the LORD was there, whose name was Oded. And he went out before the army that came to Samaria and said to them, “Behold, because the LORD God of your fathers was angry with Judah, He has delivered them into your hands, and you have killed them in a rage which reaches up to heaven.
10. And now you intend to keep under subjection the children of Judah and Jerusalem as your bondmen and bondwomen. Are there not with you, even with you, sins against the LORD your God?
11. And now hear me, and deliver back again the captives which you have taken captive of your brothers, for the fierce wrath of the LORD is upon you.”
12. Then certain of the heads of the children of Ephraim—Azariah the son of Johanan, Berechiah the son of Meshillemoth, and Jehizkiah the son of Shallum, and Amasa the son of Hadlai—stood up against them who came from the war.
13. And they said to them, “You shall not bring the captives here, for we have offended the LORD, and you intend to add to our sins and to our trespass, for our trespass is great, and there is fierce wrath against Israel.”
14. And the armed men left the captives and the plunder before the princes and all the congregation.
15. And the men who were called by name rose up and took the captives and clothed all that were naked among them from the spoil, and dressed them, and shod them, and made them eat and drink, and anointed them, and led the feeble ones on donkeys, and brought them to Jericho, the city of palm trees, to their brethren. And they returned to Samaria.
16. At that time King Ahaz sent to the kings of Assyria to help him,
17. For again the Edomites had come and had beaten Judah and had carried away captives.
18. The Philistines also had invaded the cities of the low country and of the south of Judah, and had taken Beth Shemesh and Aijalon, and Gederoth, and Sochoh with its villages, and Timnah with its villages, and Gimzo and its villages. And they settled there,
19. For the LORD brought Judah low because of Ahaz king of Israel. For he had promoted wickedness in Judah, and had sinned grievously against the LORD.
20. Then Tilgath Pilneser king of Assyria came to him and troubled him, but did not strengthen him,
21. For Ahaz took away a portion of the house of the LORD, and of the house of the king, and of the princes, and gave it to the king of Assyria. But it was no help to him.
22. And in the time of his distress he transgressed even more against the LORD, this same King Ahaz,
23. For he sacrificed to the gods of Damascus who struck him. And he said, “Because the gods of the kings of Syria helped them, I will sacrifice to them so that they may help me.” But they were the ruin of him and of all Israel.
24. And Ahaz gathered the vessels of the house of God and cut in pieces the vessels of the house of God, and shut up the doors of the house of the LORD. And he made himself altars in every corner of Jerusalem.
25. And in each separate city of Judah he made high places to burn incense to other gods and provoked the LORD God of his fathers to anger.
26. Now the rest of his acts and of all his ways, first and last, behold, they are written in the book of the kings of Judah and Israel.
27. And Ahaz slept with his fathers, and they buried him in the city, in Jerusalem. But they did not bring him into the tombs of the kings of Israel. And his son Hezekiah reigned in his place.
HNcmscwhen he began to reign,H4427
HRHVqcHSp3msand he reignedH4427
HRHNpBut he did notH3808
HVqp3msthat which wasrightH3477
HTdHAamsain the sightH5869
HRHNcbdcof the LORD,H3068
HVhp3msin the valleyH1516
HRHNcbscof the sonH1121
HNcmpcHSp3msin the fire,H784
HRdHNcbsaaccording to the abominationsH8441
HRHNcfpcof the nationsH1471
HNphad cast outH3423
And he sacrificedH2076
HCHVpw3msand burned incenseH6999
HCHVpw3msin the high places,H1116
And the LORDH3068
HCHVqw3msHSp3msinto the handH3027
HRHNcbscof the kingH4428
HNpAnd they struckH5221
HRHSp3msand carried awayH7617
HNcbsaand brought themH935
HNpAnd he was alsoH1571
HVNrmsainto the handH3027
HRHNcbscof the kingH4428
HRHSp3mswith a greatH1419
HNcmpcbecause they had forsakenH5800
HNcmpcof their fathers.H1
HNpa mighty manH1368
HNcmscof the house,H1004
HNcmscto the king.H4428
And the childrenH1121
HNpcarried away captiveH7617
HAcbsaof their brethren,H251
But a prophetH5030
HNcmsaof the LORDH3068
HNpAnd he went outH3318
HTmbecause the LORDH3068
HNcmpcof your fathersH1
HNpHe has delivered themH5414
HVqp3msHSp3mpinto your hands,H3027
HRHNcbscHSp2mpand you have killedH2026
HRHSp3mpin a rageH2197
HRHNcmsawhich reaches upH5060
HVqrmpato keep under subjectionH3533
HNcfpaagainst the LORDH3068
HVqv2mpHSp1csand deliver back againH7725
HTryou have taken captiveH7617
HVqp2mpof your brothers,H251
HTaof the LORDH3068
HNcmpaof the headsH7218
HRHNcmpcof the childrenH1121
HRthem who cameH935
And they saidH559
HNpand you intendH559
HAafsaand there is fierceH2740
And the armed menH2502
And the menH376
HCHNcmscthat were naked among themH4636
HTdHNcmsaand dressed them,H3847
HCHVhw3mpHSp3mpand shod them,H5274
HCHVhw3mpHSp3mpand made them eatH398
HCHVhw3mpHSp3mpand anointed them,H5480
HRdHNcbpaand brought themH935
HNcfscof palm trees,H8558
HNcmpcHSp3mpAnd they returnedH7725
HCHNgmpaalso had invadedH6584
HRHNcfpcof the low countryH8219
HTdHNcfsaand of the southH5045
HRHNpand had takenH3920
HNpwith its villages,H1323
HNpwith its villages,H1323
HNcfpcHSp3fsAnd they settledH3427
HChe had promoted wickednessH6544
HRHNpand had sinnedH4603
HNcmsaagainst the LORD.H3068
HNptook away a portionH2505
HNcmscof the LORD,H3068
HTdHNcmsaand of the princes,H8269
HCHVqw3msitto the kingH4428
HNpBut it was noH3808
For he sacrificedH2076
HCHVqw3msto the godsH430
HRHSp3msAnd he said,H559
HNcmpcof the kingsH4428
HToHSp3mpI will sacrificeH2076
HRHSp3mpso that theyH1992
HPp3mpmay help me."H5826
HRHSp3msand of allH3605
HNcmpcof the houseH1004
HTdHNcmpaand cut in piecesH7112
HNcmpcof the houseH1004
HTdHNcmpaand shut upH5462
HNcfpcof the houseH1004
HNcmscof the LORD.H3068
HNpAnd he madeH6213
And in eachH3605
HNcfpato burn incenseH6999
HToand provoked the LORDH3068
HNcmpcof his fathersH1
Now the restH3499
HCHNcmscof his actsH1697
HNcmpcHSp3msand of allH3605
HTmHSp3mpthey are writtenH3789
HNcmscof the kingsH4428
HNcmpcHSp3msand they buried himH6912
HCHVqw3mpHSp3msin the city,H5892
HCthey did notH3808
HVhp3cpHSp3msinto the tombsH6913
HRHNcmpcof the kingsH4428
HNpAnd his sonH1121
HCHVqw3msin his place.H8478
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved