1. And Hezekiah sent to all Israel and Judah, and wrote letters also to Ephraim and Manasseh, that they should come to the house of the LORD at Jerusalem to keep the Passover to the LORD God of Israel.
2. And the king and his leaders, and all the congregation in Jerusalem, took counsel to keep the Passover in the second month,
3. For they could not keep it at that time because the priests had not sanctified themselves sufficiently, nor had the people gathered to Jerusalem.
4. And the thing pleased the king and all the congregation.
5. And they established a decree to send a notice throughout all Israel, from Beersheba even to Dan, that they should come to keep the Passover to the LORD God of Israel at Jerusalem, for they had not done it in large numbers as it was written.
6. Then the runners went with the letters from the king and his princes throughout all Israel and Judah, and according to the commandment of the king, saying, “O children of Israel, turn again to the LORD God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, and He will return to the remnant of you who have escaped out of the hands of the king of Assyria.
7. And do not be like your fathers and like your brethren who sinned against the LORD God of their fathers, and He therefore gave them up to desolation, as you see.
8. And do not be stiff-necked like your fathers were, but yield yourselves to the LORD and enter into His sanctuary which He has sanctified forever. And serve the LORD your God so that the fierceness of His wrath may turn away from you,
9. For if you turn again to the LORD, your brethren and your children shall find compassion before those who lead them captive so that they shall come again into this land, for the LORD your God is gracious and merciful, and will not turn His face away from you if you return to Him.”
10. So the runners passed from city to city in the land of Ephraim and Manasseh, even to Zebulun. But they laughed them to scorn and mocked them.
11. Nevertheless, various men from Asher and Manasseh and Zebulun humbled themselves and came to Jerusalem.
12. Also, in Judah the hand of God was to give them one heart to do the commandment of the king and of the princes by the word of the LORD.
13. And many people gathered at Jerusalem to keep the Feast of Unleavened Bread in the second month, a very great congregation.
14. And they arose and took away the altars that were in Jerusalem, and all the altars for incense to other gods they took away, and cast them into the Brook Kidron.
15. And they killed the Passover, on the fourteenth day of the second month. And the priests and the Levites were ashamed and sanctified themselves, and brought in the burnt offerings into the house of the LORD.
16. And they stood in their place after their manner, according to the law of Moses the man of God. The priests sprinkled the blood from the hand of the Levites,
17. For many in the congregation were not sanctified. And the Levites were over the killing of the Passover lambs for everyone who was unclean, in order to sanctify them unto the LORD,
18. For many of the people, many from Ephraim and Manasseh, Issachar and Zebulun, had not cleansed themselves, but ate the Passover otherwise than it was written. But Hezekiah prayed for them, saying, “May the good LORD pardon everyone
19. Who prepares his heart to seek God, the LORD God of his fathers, though not cleansed according to the purification of the sanctuary.”
20. Then the LORD hearkened to Hezekiah and healed the people.
21. And the children of Israel that were present at Jerusalem kept the Feast of Unleavened Bread seven days with great gladness. And the Levites and the priests praised the LORD day by day with loud instruments to the LORD.
22. And Hezekiah spoke encouragingly to all the Levites who taught the good knowledge of the LORD. And they ate the appointed things seven days, offering peace offerings and making confession to the LORD God of their fathers.
23. And the whole assembly took counsel to keep another seven days. And they kept another seven days with gladness,
24. For Hezekiah king of Judah gave to the congregation a thousand bulls and seven thousand sheep. And the princes gave to the congregation a thousand bulls and ten thousand sheep. And a great number of priests sanctified themselves.
25. And all the congregation of Judah, with the priests and the Levites, and all the congregation that came out of Israel, and the strangers that came out of the land of Israel, and who lived in Judah, rejoiced.
26. And there was great joy in Jerusalem, for since the days of Solomon the son of David, the king of Israel, there was nothing like this in Jerusalem.
27. Then the priests, the Levites, arose and blessed the people. And their voice was heard, and their prayer came to His holy dwelling place, even unto heaven.
HCHNpthat they should comeH935
HRHVqcto the houseH1004
HRHNcmscof the LORDH3068
HNcmsato the LORDH3068
And the kingH4428
HTdHNcmsaand his leaders,H8269
HTdHNcmsain the secondH8145
HTnhad the peopleH5971
And they establishedH5975
HNpthat they should comeH935
HNcmsato the LORDH3068
HCthey had notH3808
HVqp3cpit in large numbersH7230
HRHNcbsaas it was written.H3789
Then the runnersH7323
HCHVqw3mpwith the lettersH107
HTdHNcmsaand his princesH8269
HCHNpand according to the commandmentH4687
HCHRHNcfscof the king,H4428
HCHNpand He will returnH7725
HRHSp2mpwho have escapedH6413
HTdHNcfsaout of the handsH3709
HRHNcfscof the kingH4428
And do notH408
HVqj2mplike your fathersH1
HRHNcmpcHSp2mpand like your brethrenH251
HVqp3cpagainst the LORDH3068
HNcmpcof their fathers,H1
HNcmpcHSp3mpand He therefore gave them upH5414
HNcmscHSp2mplike your fathersH1
HNcbsato the LORDH3068
HCHVqv2mpinto His sanctuaryH4720
HTrHe has sanctifiedH6942
HNcmpcHSp2mpso that the fiercenessH2740
HNcmscof His wrathH639
HNcmscHSp3msmay turn awayH7725
HCif you turn againH7725
HNcmpcHSp2mpand your childrenH1121
HRHNcbpcthose who lead them captiveH7617
HVqrmpcHSp3mpso that they shall come againH7725
HCHAamsaand will notH3808
HCHTnturn His faceH6440
HRdHNcfsain the landH776
HRHSp3mpto scorn and mockedH3932
HNcfscof the kingH4428
HTdHNcmsaand of the princesH8269
HCHTdHNcmpaby the wordH1697
HRHNcmscof the LORD.H3068
HNcmscof Unleavened BreadH4682
HTdHNcfpain the secondH8145
And they aroseH6965
HCHVqw3mpand took awayH5493
HNcmscthe altars for incenseH6999
HTdHNcfpato other godsthey took away,H5493
HCHVhw3mptheminto the BrookH5158
And they killedH7819
HTdHNcmsaon the fourteenthH702
HAcmsadayof the secondH8145
HRdHNcmsaAnd the priestsH3548
HCHTdHNcmpaand the LevitesH3881
HVNp3cpand sanctified themselves,H6942
HCHVtw3mpand brought inH935
HCHVhw3mpthe burnt offeringsH5930
HNcfpainto the houseH1004
HNcmscof the LORD.H3068
And they stoodH5975
HCHVqw3mpin their placeH5977
HRHNcmscHSp3mpaccording to the lawH8451
HTdHNcmsafrom the handH3027
HRHNcbscof the Levites,H3881
HAafscin the congregationH6951
HVtp3cpAnd the LevitesH3881
HNcfscof the PassoverH6453
HTdHNcmpalambs for everyoneH3605
HAamsain order tosanctifyH6942
HRHVhcthem unto the LORD,H3068
HNcfscof the people,H5971
HRHTnthan it was written.H3789
HRHVqc"May the goodH2896
HTdHNcmpaof his fathers,H1
HCHTncleansedaccording to the purificationH2893
HRHNcbscof the sanctuary."H6944
And the childrenH1121
HNpthat were presentH4672
HNcmscof Unleavened BreadH4682
HRHNcfsaAnd the LevitesH3881
HTdHNgmpaand the priestsH3548
HRHNcmpcto the LORD.H3068
HNcmscof the LORD.H3068
HRHNpAnd they ateH398
HNcmpcand making confessionH3034
HCHVtrmpato the LORDH3068
HNcmpcof their fathers.H1
And the wholeH3605
HNcmpaAnd they keptH6213
HVhp3msto the congregationH6951
HNcbsaAnd the princesH8269
HVhp3cpto the congregationH6951
HCHNcbsaAnd a great numberH7230
HNpwith the priestsH3548
HCHTdHNcmpaand the Levites,H3881
HTdHVqrmpaout of Israel,H3478
HRHNpand the strangersH1616
HCHTdHNcmpathat came outH935
HTdHVqrmpaof the landH776
HNpand who livedH3427
And there wasH1961
HCsince the daysH3117
HNpthere was nothingH3808
Then the priests,H3548
HTdHNcmsaAnd their voiceH6963
HCHVNw3msand their prayerH8605
HCHVqw3fsto His holyH6944
HRHNcbsceven unto heaven.H8064
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved