1. Now when all this was finished, all Israel who were present went out to the cities of Judah and broke the images in pieces, and cut down the groves, and threw down the high places and the altars out of all Judah and Benjamin, also in Ephraim and Manasseh, until they had utterly destroyed them all. Then all the children of Israel returned, each to his possession, into their own cities.
2. And Hezekiah appointed the courses of the priests and the Levites according to their courses, each according to his service, the priests and Levites for burnt offerings and for peace offerings, to minister and to give thanks, and to praise in the gates of the tents of the LORD.
3. He appointed also the king’s portion of his substance for the burnt offerings, even for the morning and the evening and the burnt offerings for the Sabbaths, and for the new moons, and for the appointed feasts, as it is written in the law of the LORD.
4. Moreover, he commanded the people who lived in Jerusalem to give the portion of the priests and the Levites so that they might be strong in the law of the LORD.
5. And as soon as the commandment spread abroad, the children of Israel brought plentifully of the firstfruits of grain, wine, and oil, and honey, and of all the increase of the field. And the tithe of all things they brought in abundance.
6. And the children of Israel and Judah who lived in the cities of Judah, they also brought in the tithe of oxen and sheep, and the tithe of holy things which were consecrated to the LORD their God, and laid it up by heaps.
7. In the third month they began to lay the foundation of the heaps and finished them in the seventh month.
8. And Hezekiah and the princes came and saw the heaps, and they blessed the LORD and His people Israel.
9. And Hezekiah questioned the priests and the Levites concerning the heaps.
10. And Azariah the chief priest of the house of Zadok answered him and said, “Since the people began to bring the offerings into the house of the LORD, we have had enough to eat and have plenty left, for the LORD has blessed His people, and this great store is left.”
11. Then Hezekiah commanded storehouses to be prepared in the house of the LORD. And they prepared them
12. And faithfully brought in the offerings and the tithes and the things dedicated to God. And over them was Cononiah the Levite ruler, and Shimei, his brother, was next in rank.
13. And Jehiel, and Azaziah, and Nahath, and Asahel, and Jerimoth, and Jozabad, and Eliel, and Ismachiah, and Mahath, and Benaiah were overseers under the hand of Cononiah and Shimei his brother at the commandment of Hezekiah the king, and Azariah the ruler of the house of God.
14. And Kore, the son of Imnah the Levite, the gatekeeper toward the east, was over the freewill offerings of God to distribute the offerings of the LORD and the most holy things.
15. And next to him was Eden, and Miniamin, and Jeshua, and Shemaiah, Amariah, and Shecaniah, in the cities of the priests, in their set office, to give to their brethren by courses, to the great as well as to the small.
16. Besides registered males from three years and upward, even to everyone who entered into the house of the LORD, they gave daily portions for their service in their charges according to their courses,
17. Both to the priests according to the genealogy of the house of their fathers, and to the Levites from twenty years old and upward, by their charges by their divisions,
18. And to those written in the genealogy— all their little ones, their wives, and their sons, and their daughters, through all the congregation—for in their set office they set themselves apart in holiness.
19. And to the sons of Aaron, the priests, in the fields of the open lands of their cities, in each separate city were those who were named by name to give portions to all the males among the priests and to all who were counted by genealogies among the Levites.
20. And thus did Hezekiah throughout all Judah what was good and right and true before the LORD his God.
21. And in every work that he began in the service of the house of God, and in the law, and in the commandments, to seek his God, he did it with all his heart and prospered.
Now when allH3605
HNpwho were presentH4672
HVqp3cpto the citiesH5892
HTdHNcfpain pieces, and cut downH1438
HTdHNpand threw downH5422
HTothe high placesH1116
HTdHNcmpaout of allH3605
HCHNpalso in EphraimH669
HRthey had utterly destroyedH3615
HRHVpcthem all. Then allH3605
HNcmsato his possession,H272
HRHNcfscHSp3msinto their own cities.H5892
HNcfpcof the priestsH3548
HRdHNcmpaand the LevitesH3881
HCHRdHNgmpafor burnt offeringsH5930
HRHNcfsaand for peace offerings,H8002
HRHVpcand to give thanks,H3034
HCHRHVhcand to praiseH1984
HCHRHVpcin the gatesH8179
HRHNcmpcof the tentsH4264
HNcbpcof the LORD.H3068
He appointedalso the king'sH4428
HNcmscHSp3msfor the burnt offerings,H5930
HRdHNcfpaeven forthe morningH1242
HTdHNcmsaand the eveningH6153
HRHNcfpcand the burnt offeringsH5930
HCHTdHNcfpafor the Sabbaths,H7676
HRdHNcbpaand for the new moons,H2320
HCHRdHNcmpaand for the appointed feasts,H4150
HCHRdHNcmpaas it is writtenH3789
HRdHVqsmsain the lawH8451
HRHNcfscof the LORD.H3068
Moreover, he commandedH559
HNcfscof the priestsH3548
HTdHNcmpaand the LevitesH3881
HRthey might be strongH2388
HVqi3mpin the lawH8451
HRHNcfscof the LORD.H3068
And as soon as the commandmentH1697
HVhp3cpof the firstfruitsH7225
HCHNcmsaand of allH3605
HNcfscof the field.H7704
HNcmsaAnd the titheH4643
HCHNcmscof all thingsH3605
And the childrenH1121
HTdHVqrmpain the citiesH5892
HCHNcbsaand the titheH4643
HCHNcmscof holy thingsH6944
HNcmpawhich were consecratedH6942
HTdHVPsmpato the LORDH3068
HNcmpcHSp3mpand laid it upH5414
In the thirdH7992
HVhp3cpto lay the foundationH3245
HRHVqcof the heapsH6194
HTdHNcfpaand finished themH3615
HVpp3cpin the seventhH7637
HNpand the princesH8269
HTdHNcfpaand they blessedH1288
HTdHNcmsaof the houseH1004
HCHVqw3ms"Since the people beganH2490
HTdHNcfsainto the houseH1004
HNcmscof the LORD,H3068
HNpwe have had enoughH7646
And faithfully brought inH935
HTdHNcfsaand the tithesH4643
HCHTdHNcmsaand the things dedicatedH6944
HRHNcfsato God. And over themH5921
HNcmpaunder the handH3027
HNcmscHSp3msat the commandmentH4662
HNcmscof the houseH1004
HTdHNcmsatoward the east,H4217
HRthe freewill offeringsH5071
HNcfscof the LORDH3068
HNpand the mostH6944
And next toH5921
HCHNpin the citiesH5892
HRHNcfpcof the priests,H3548
HTdHNcmpain their set office,H530
HRHVqcto their brethrenH251
HRHNcfpato the greatH1419
HRdHAamsaas well as to the small.H6996
HTdHVqrmsainto the houseH1004
HRHNcmscof the LORD,H3068
HNpthey gave dailyH3117
HRHNcmscfor their serviceH5656
HRHNcfscHSp3mpin their chargesH4931
HRHNcfpcHSp3mpaccording to their courses,H4256
Both to the priestsH3548
HTdHNcmpaaccording to the genealogyH3187
HVtcof the houseH1004
HRHNcmscof their fathers,H1
HCHToto the LevitesH3881
HCHRHDHSdby their chargesH4931
HRHNcfpcHSp3mpby their divisions,H4256
And to those written in the genealogy—H3187
HRHNcmsctheir little ones,H2945
HNcfpcHSp3mpand their sons,H1121
HCHNcmpcHSp3mpand their daughters,H1323
HCin their set officeH530
HRHNcfscHSp3mpthey set themselvesH6942
HVti3mpapart in holiness.H6944
And to the sonsH1121
HTdHNcmpain the fieldsH7704
HRHNcmpcof the open landsH4054
HNcmscof their cities,H5892
HAamsaamong the priestsH3548
HRdHNcmpaand to allH3605
HCHRHNcmscwho were counted by genealogiesH3187
HVtcamong the Levites.H3881
And thus didH6213
And in everyH3605
HVhp3msin the serviceH5656
HRHNcfscof the houseH1004
HTdHNcmpaand in the law,H8451
HCHRdHNcfsaand in the commandments,H4687
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved