1. And it came to pass at the end of twenty years, in which Solomon had built the house of the LORD and his own house,
2. That the cities that Hiram had given to Solomon, Solomon rebuilt them and caused the children of Israel to live there.
3. And Solomon went to Hamath Zobah and prevailed against it.
4. And he built Tadmor in the wilderness and all the store cities which he built in Hamath.
5. And he built Beth Horon the upper and Beth Horon the lower, fenced cities with walls, gates, and bars.
6. And he built Baalath, and all the store cities which Solomon had, and all the chariot cities, and the cities of the horsemen, and all that Solomon desired to build in Jerusalem, and in Lebanon, and in all the land of his dominion.
7. All the people who were left of the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, who were not of Israel,
8. Of their children who were left after them in the land, whom the children of Israel did not destroy, Solomon made them subject to a mandatory tribute to this day.
9. But of the children of Israel, Solomon did not make any servants for his work, for they were men of war, and commanders of his officers, and commanders of his chariots, and his horsemen.
10. And these were the chiefs of King Solomon’s officers, two hundred and fifty who bore rule over the people.
11. And Solomon brought up the daughter of Pharaoh out of the city of David to the house which he had built for her, for he said, “My wife shall not dwell in the house of David king of Israel because the places into which the ark of the LORD has come are holy.”
12. And Solomon offered burnt offerings to the LORD upon the altar of the LORD which he had built before the porch,
13. Even as the duty of every day required, offering according to the commandment of Moses, on the Sabbaths and on the new moons, and on the solemn feasts, three times in the year, even in the Feast of Unleavened Bread, and in the Feast of Weeks, and in the Feast of Tabernacles.
14. And according to the order of David his father, he appointed the courses of the priests to their service, and the Levites to their charges to praise and minister before the priests as the duty of every day required, and the gatekeepers by their divisions at every gate; for so David the man of God had commanded.
15. And they did not depart from the command of the king to the priests and Levites concerning any matter, or concerning the treasures.
16. And all the work of Solomon was prepared until the day of the foundation of the house of the LORD and until it was finished. And the house of the LORD was complete.
17. And Solomon went to Ezion Geber and to Eloth at the seaside in the land of Edom.
18. And Hiram sent ships to him by the hand of his servants, and men who had knowledge of the sea. And they went with the servants of Solomon to Ophir, and took four hundred and fifty talents of gold from there, and brought it to King Solomon.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved