1. Now I Paul am personally exhorting you by the meekness and gentleness of Christ. On the one hand, when present with you I am base; but on the other hand, when absent I am bold toward you.
2. But I am beseeching you so that, when I am present, I may not have to be bold with the confidence with which I intend to show boldness toward some, who think that we are walking according to the flesh.
3. For although we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh.
5. Casting down vain imaginations, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought into the obedience of Christ;
6. And having a readiness to avenge all disobedience, whenever your obedience has been fulfilled.
7. Are you looking at things according to their appearance? If anyone is persuaded in his own mind that he is Christ’s, let him reconsider this concerning himself; for exactly as he is Christ’s, so also are we Christ’s.
8. For even if I should boast somewhat more concerning our authority, which the Lord has given to us for your edification and not for your destruction, I shall not be put to shame
9. In order that I may not seem as though I am frightening you by means of epistles.
10. “For on the one hand,” they say, “his epistles are weighty and strong; but on the other hand, his bodily presence is weak, and his speech is contemptible.”
11. Let such a one think about this: that exactly as we are in word by epistles when we are absent, so we will be in action when we are present.
12. But we dare not join ranks with or compare ourselves with those who are commending themselves; for those who measure themselves by themselves, and compare themselves with themselves, have no understanding.
13. Now we will not boast of things beyond our measure, but according to the measure of the rule that God has distributed to us, which extends even to you.
14. For we are not stretching beyond our measure, as if we did not extend to you (for we also came to you with the gospel of Christ).
15. We are not boasting in things beyond our measure, such as other men’s labors; but we have hope that when your faith is increased, we will be abundantly enriched by you according to our rule of faith,
16. In order to preach the gospel to the regions beyond you, and not to boast in things made ready in another man’s territory.
17. But the one who is boasting, let him boast in the Lord.
18. For the one who is approved is not the one who commends himself, but the one whom the Lord commends.
N-GSM-TOn the one hand, whenG3739
P-2DPI am base;G3303
CONJon the other hand,G2596
V-PAP-NSMI am boldG2292
CONJI am beseechingG1189
V-PNI-1Syou so that,G3588
T-ASNwhen I am present,G3918
V-PAP-NSMI may notG3361
PRT-Nhave to be boldG2292
V-PNI-1Sto show boldnessG5111
N-ASNthing that exalts itselfG1869
CONJbringing into captivityG163
N-NSFhas been fulfilled.G4137
Are you lookingG991
V-2RAI-3Sin his own mindG1438
F-3DSMthat he isG1511
N-GSM-Tlet him reconsiderG3049
CONJI should boastG2744
N-ASFI shall notG3756
PRT-Nbe put to shameG153
"For on the one hand,"G3754
A-NPFbut on the other hand,G1161
T-NSMLet such a oneG5108
N-GPFwhen we are absent,G548
D-NPMwe will beG2532
N-DSNwhen we are present.G3918
PRT-Njoin ranks withG1469
V-FDI-1Pof things beyondG1519
CONJwe are notG3756
F-1APMmeasure, as ifG5613
CONJwe did notG3361
We are notG3756
V-PNP-NPMin things beyondG1519
N-ASFthat when yourG5216
V-PPP-GSFwe will be abundantlyG1519
In order to preach the gospelG2097
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved