3. But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds might be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
4. For indeed, if someone comes preaching another Jesus, whom we did not preach, or you receive a different spirit, which you did not receive, or a different gospel, which you did not accept, you put up with it as something good.
5. But I consider myself in no way inferior to those highly exalted so-called apostles.
6. For although I may be unpolished in speech, yet I am not in knowledge; for in all things I have demonstrated this to you.
7. Now did I commit sin by humbling myself so that you might be exalted, because I preached the gospel of God to you freely?
8. I robbed other churches, receiving wages from them for ministering to you.
9. And when I was present with you and in need, I was not a burden to anyone (for the brethren who came from Macedonia fully supplied my needs); for I kept myself, and will continue to keep myself, from being burdensome to you in anything.
10. As the truth of Christ is in me, no one shall stop me from this boasting in the regions of Achaia.
11. Why? Because I don’t love you? God knows I do.
12. But what I am doing, I will do, so that I may cut off any occasion from those who are desiring an occasion; so that in the things they boast of, they also may be found even as we are.
14. And it is no marvel, for Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15. Therefore, it is no great thing if his servants also transform themselves as ministers of righteousness—whose end shall be according to their works.
16. Again I say, no one should consider me a fool; but if otherwise, receive me even as a fool, that I also may boast a little.
17. What I am now saying, I do not speak according to the Lord, but as in foolishness, in this confidence of boasting.
18. Since many boast according to the flesh, I also will boast.
19. For since you are so intelligent, you gladly bear with fools.
20. For you bear it if anyone brings you into bondage, if anyone devours you, if anyone takes from you, if anyone exalts himself, if anyone beats you on the face.
21. I speak as though we were under reproach for being weak; but in whatever way anyone else is bold (I speak in foolishness), I also am bold.
22. Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they the seed of Abraham? So am I.
23. Are they servants of Christ? (I am speaking as if I were out of my mind.) So am I, above and beyond measure—in labors more abundant, in stripes above measure, in imprisonments more frequent, in deaths often.
24. Five times from the Jews I received forty stripes less one.
25. Three times I was beaten with rods; once I was stoned; three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I spent in the deep.
26. I have been in journeyings often, in perils of rivers, in perils of robbers, in perils from my own race, in perils from the Gentiles, in perils in the city, in perils in the desert, in perils on the sea, in perils among false brethren;
27. In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.
28. Besides all these things from the world outside, pressing on me daily is the care of all the churches.
29. Who is weak, and I am not weak? Who is offended, and I do not burn?
30. If it is necessary for me to boast, I will boast in the things concerning my weakness.
31. The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Who is blessed into the ages of eternity, knows that I do not lie.
32. In Damascus, the governor under Aretas the king was guarding the city of the Damascenes because he desired to arrest me.
33. But I was let down in a basket through a window by the wall, and escaped from his hands.
CONJI am jealousG2206
P-2APwith the jealousyG2205
CONJI have espousedG718
N-DSMso that I may presentG3936
V-2AANyou as a chasteG53
PRT-Nby any means,G4458
N-NPNmight be corruptedG5351
R-ASMwe did notG3756
R-ASNyou did notG3756
R-ASNyou did notG3756
V-ADI-2Pyou put up with itG430
V-PNI-2Pas something good.G2573
CONJI may be unpolishedG2399
CONJI am notG3756
A-DSNI have demonstratedG5319
CONJNow did I commitG4160
P-2NPmight be exalted,G5312
CONJwhen I was presentG3918
V-APP-NSMI was notG3756
CONJwill continue to keepG5083
V-FAI-1Smyself, from being burdensomeG4
As the truthG225
R-ASNI am doing,G4160
CONJI will do,G4160
CONJI may cut offG1581
N-ASFfrom those whoG3588
V-PNI-3Pof, they also may be foundG2147
CONJit is noG3756
R-ASNI am now saying,G2980
V-PAI-1SI do notG3756
V-PAI-3Sfrom you, ifG1487
N-ASFfor being weak;G770
X-NSMelse is boldG5111
N-NPM-PGSo am I.G2504
N-NPM-PGSo am I.G2504
N-GSM-PSo am I.G2504
N-GSM-T(I am speakingG2980
V-PAI-1Sas if I were out of my mind.)G3912
V-PAP-NSMSo am I,G1473
P-1NSabove and beyond measure—G5228
ADVI was beaten with rods;G4463
ADVI was stoned;G3034
ADVI was shipwrecked;G3489
V-AAI-1Sa night and a dayG3574
I have been in journeyingsG3597
PREPmy own race,G1085
PREPall these thingsG3588
T-GPNfrom the world outside,G3924
T-APMages of eternity,G165
CONJI do notG3756
N-ASFof the DamascenesG1153
A-GPMbecause he desiredG2309
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved