1. For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with human hands, eternal in the heavens.
2. For in this we truly are groaning, longing to be clothed with our dwelling from heaven;
3. If indeed that being clothed, we may not be found naked.
4. For we who are in this tabernacle truly do groan, being burdened; not that we wish to be unclothed, but to be clothed upon so that the mortal flesh may be swallowed up by life.
5. Now He Who is working out this very thing for us is God, Who has also given us the earnest of the Spirit.
6. Therefore, we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in this body, we are away from our eternal home, which is coming from the Lord.
7. (For we walk by faith, not by sight.)
8. We are confident, and we are willing to be away from this home (that is, out of this body) and instead to be at home with the Lord.
9. Because of this, we are also laboring so that, whether present or absent, we may be well pleasing to Him.
10. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ so that each one may receive according to the things done in his body—what he has practiced, whether good or evil.
11. So then, because we know the fear of the Lord, we are persuading men; but we are fully known to God, and I hope are also fully known in your consciences.
12. For we are not commending ourselves again to you, but are giving you an occasion to boast on our behalf, so that you may have something to answer to those who themselves are boasting in physical appearance, and not in the heart.
13. But if we are jubilant, it is to God; or if we are sober-minded, it is for you;
14. For the love of Christ compels us, because we have thus concluded that if one died for all, then all died.
15. And He died for all so that those who live should no longer live to themselves, but to Him Who died for them and was raised again.
16. So then, from this time forward we know no man according to the flesh; but even if we have known Christ in the flesh, yet now we no longer know Him accordingly.
19. Which is, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them; and He has entrusted to us this message of reconciliation.
20. Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ; and God, as it were, is exhorting you through us. We beseech you on behalf of Christ, “Be reconciled to God.”
N-NSFnot made with human hands,G886
D-DSNwe truly are groaning,G4727
V-PAP-NPMto be clothed withG1902
N-DSNtruly do groan,G4727
V-PAI-1Pto be unclothed,G1562
CONJto be clothedG1902
V-AMNupon so thatG2443
A-NSNmay be swallowed upG2666
T-NSMis working outG2716
CONJwe are alwaysG3842
CONJwhile we are at homeG1736
N-DSNwe are awayG1553
PREPour eternal home, which is coming from theG3588
We are confident,G2292
CONJwe are willingG2106
ADVto be awayG1553
V-AAN(that is, out of thisG3588
CONJinstead to be at home withG4314
Because of this,G1352
CONJwe are alsoG2532
V-PNI-1Pso that, whetherG1535
V-PAP-NPMwe may beG1511
N-GSNwhat he has practiced, whetherG1535
CONJbecause we knowG1492
N-GSMwe are persuadingG3982
CONJwe are fully knownG5319
CONJwe are notG3756
CONJyou may haveG2192
PREPanswer to those whoG3588
T-APMthemselves are boastingG2744
PRT-Nin the heart.G2588
P-1APbecause we have thusG5124
V-PAP-NPMshould no longerG3371
CONJto Him WhoG3588
CONJwas raised again.G1453
CONJwe have knownG1097
N-ASM-Tin the flesh,G4561
ADVwe no longerG3765
N-DSM-The is a newG2537
A-NPNhave passed away;G3928
CONJHe has entrustedG5087
CONJwe are ambassadorsG4243
N-GSMas it were,G5613
V-PNI-1Pyou on behalfG5228
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved