1. In the seventeenth year of Pekah the son of Remaliah, Ahaz the son of Jotham king of Judah began to reign.
2. Ahaz was twenty years old when he began to reign, and he reigned sixteen years in Jerusalem. And he did not do what was right in the sight of the LORD his God, like David his father.
3. But he walked in the ways of the kings of Israel. Yea, and he made his son to pass through the fire, according to the abominations of the nations whom the LORD cast out from before the children of Israel.
4. And he sacrificed and burned incense in the high places and on the hills and under every green tree.
5. Then Rezin king of Syria and Pekah son of Remaliah king of Israel came up to Jerusalem for war. And they besieged Ahaz, but could not overcome him.
6. At that time Rezin king of Syria recovered Elath to Syria, and drove the Jews from Elath. And the Syrians came to Elath and lived there until this day.
7. And Ahaz sent messengers to Tiglath- Pileser king of Assyria, saying, “I am your servant and your son. Come up and save me out of the hand of the king of Syria and out of the hand of the king of Israel who rise up against me.”
8. And Ahaz took the silver and gold which was found in the house of the LORD and in the treasures of the king’s house, and sent a present to the king of Assyria.
9. And the king of Assyria hearkened to him, for the king of Assyria went up against Damascus and took it. And he carried the people of it away captive to Kir and killed Rezin.
10. And King Ahaz went to Damascus to meet Tiglath-Pileser king of Assyria at Damascus. And he saw an altar at Damascus. And King Ahaz sent to Urijah the priest the form and the pattern of the altar according to all its workmanship.
11. And Urijah the priest built an altar according to all that King Ahaz had sent from Damascus. So Urijah the priest did until King Ahaz came in from Damascus.
12. And the king came in from Damascus, and the king saw the altar. And the king approached to the altar and offered on it.
13. And he offered his burnt offering and his grain offering, and poured his drink offering, and sprinkled the blood of his peace offerings, upon the altar.
14. And he also brought the bronze altar which was before the LORD from the forefront of the house—from between the new altar and the house of the LORD—and put it on the north side of the new altar.
15. And King Ahaz commanded Urijah the priest, saying, “Upon the great new altar burn the morning offering and the evening grain offering, and the king’s burnt sacrifice and his grain offering with the burnt offering of all the people of the land, and their grain offerings, and their drink offerings. And sprinkle all the blood of the burnt offerings upon it, and all the blood of the sacrifice. And the bronze altar shall be for me to inquire by.
16. Then Urijah the priest did according to all that King Ahaz commanded.
17. And King Ahaz cut off the borders of the bases and removed the laver from them. And he took down the sea from off the bronze oxen under it and put it upon a pavement of stones.
18. And the covered way for the Sabbath which they had built in the house, and the king’s entry outside, he removed from the house of the LORD because of the king of Assyria.
19. And the rest of the acts of Ahaz which he did, are they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Judah?
20. And Ahaz slept with his fathers and was buried with his fathers in the city of David. And his son Hezekiah reigned in his place.
In the seventeenthH7651
HNpbegan to reign.H4427
HNcmscwhen he began to reign,H4427
HRHVqcHSp3msand he reignedH4427
HRHNpAnd he did notH3808
HTdHAamsain the sightH5869
HRHNcbdcof the LORDH3068
But he walkedH3212
HCHVqw3msin the waysH1870
HRHNcbscof the kingsH4428
HToand he made his sonH1121
HNcmscHSp3msto pass throughH5674
HRdHNcbsaaccording to the abominationsH8441
HRHNcfpcof the nationsH1471
HRdHNcfsaAnd they besiegedH6696
HRHNpAnd the SyriansH130
HNcmscHSp2msand your son.H1121
HVqv2msand save meH3467
HCHVhv2msHSp1csout of the handH3709
HRHNcfscof the kingH4428
HNpand out of the handH3709
HCHRHNcfscof the kingH4428
HNpwho rise upH6965
HTdHNcmsawhich was foundH4672
HTdHVNrmsain the houseH1004
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
HNpand in the treasuresH214
HCHRHNcmpcof the king'sH4428
HNcmsato the kingH4428
And the kingH4428
HRHSp3msfor the kingH4428
HNpand took it.H8610
HCHVqw3msHSp3fsAnd he carried the people of it away captiveH1540
HCHVqw3msto Damascus to meetH7125
HNpAnd he sawH7200
HNcfscand the patternH8403
HNcfscHSp3msof the altarH4196
HCHToaccording to allH3605
HTdHNcmsaaccording to allH3605
And the kingH4428
HRHNpand the kingH4428
HTdHNcmsaAnd the kingH4428
And he offeredH6999
HTohis burnt offeringH5930
HCHTohis grain offering,H4503
HTohis drink offering,H5262
HCHTohe also broughtH7126
HNcbpcof the house—H1004
HRHRthe new altarH4196
HNcmscof the LORD—H3068
HNcfscof the new altar.H4196
HCHTohis grain offeringH4503
HCHTothe burnt offeringH5930
HNcmscof the land,H776
HTdHNcbsaand their grain offerings,H4503
HCHNcfscHSp3mpand their drink offerings.H5262
HNcmscof the burnt offeringsH5930
HNcmscof the sacrifice.H2077
HNcmsaAnd the bronzeH5178
HRHSp1csto inquire by.H1239
HTdHNcfpaof the basesH4350
HCHTohe took downH3381
HCHTothe covered wayH4329
HNcmscfor the SabbathH7676
HTrthey had builtH1129
HVqp3cpin the house,H1004
HVhp3msfrom the houseH1004
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
And the restH3499
HCHNcmscof the actsH1697
HNcmscof the chroniclesH1697
HTdHNcmpaof the kingsH4428
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved