1. But there were also false prophets among the people, as indeed there will be false teachers among you, who will stealthily introduce destructive heresies, personally denying the Lord who bought them, and bringing swift destruction upon themselves.
2. And many people will follow as authoritative their destructive ways; and because of them, the way of the truth will be blasphemed.
3. Also, through insatiable greed they will with enticing messages exploit you for gain; for whom the judgment of old is in full force, and their destruction is ever watching.
4. For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but, having cast them into Tartarus,a place of restraintor imprisonment delivered them into chains of darkness to be kept for the judgment;
5. And if God did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, the eighth, a preacher of righteousness, when He brought the Flood upon the world of the ungodly;
6. And having reduced the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to ashes, condemned them with a catastrophic destruction, making them an example for those who would be ungodly in the future;
7. And if He personally rescued righteous Lot, who was oppressed by the lawless ones living in licentious conduct;
8. (For that righteous man, dwelling among them, through seeing and hearing their lawless activities, was tormented day by day in his righteous soul;)
10. But particularly those who walk after the flesh in corrupting lust, and hold in utter contempt the lordship of God. They are audacious and self-willed. They are not afraid to blaspheme the divine powers
11. Whereas angels, who are greater in strength and power, do not bring a railing condemnation against them before the Lord.
12. But these—as irrational brute beasts, born to be caught and destroyed—blaspheme those things of which they are ignorant, and shall be utterly destroyed in their own corruption.
13. They are bringing upon themselves the reward of unrighteousness, while finding pleasure in satisfying their lustful desires day by day. They are stains and blemishes, reveling in their own deceptions, while feasting together with you.
14. Having eyes full of adultery and that cannot cease from sin, they are engaged in seducing unstable souls, having a heart trained in lustful cravings—cursed children
15. Who have abandoned the straight way. They have gone astray, having followed the way of Balaam, the son of Beor, who loved the reward of wickedness.
16. But he received a rebuke for his own transgression; the dumb donkey, speaking in a man’s voice, restrained the madness of the prophet.
17. These false prophets are fountains without water, clouds driven by a storm, for whom is reserved the blackest of darkness forever.
18. For they speak bombastic words of vanity, enticing others through the lusts of the flesh by granting indulgences to sin, and ensnaring those who had indeed escaped from those who live in deception.
19. While promising them freedom, they themselves are actually slaves of corruption because by whatever anyone is overcome, he is also held in bondage.
20. For if, after escaping the moral defilements of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they again become entangled in them, and are overcome, the final end is worse than the beginning.
21. For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness than, after knowing it, to turn back from the holy commandment that was delivered to them.
22. But the pronouncement found in the true proverb has happened to them: The dog has returned to eat his own vomit; and the sow that was washed has returned to her wallowing place in the filthy mire.
CONJthere will beG2071
R-NPMwill stealthily introduceG3919
A-NPMpeople will followG1811
V-FAI-3Pas authoritative theirG846
N-DPFand because ofG1223
N-GSFwill be blasphemed.G987
N-DSFthey will with enticingG4112
P-2APfor gain; for whomG3739
PRT-Nin full force,G691
CONJhaving cast them into Tartarus,G5020
N-GSMto be keptG5083
CONJif Goddid notG3756
N-GSFwhen He broughtG1863
N-ASMupon the worldG2889
N-DSMof the ungodly;G765
CONJhaving reduced the citiesG4172
V-AAI-3Sthemwith a catastrophicG2692
N-ASNfor thosewho would beG3195
V-PANin the future;>
CONJifHe personally rescuedG4506
N-ASM-Pwho was oppressedG2669
A-GPMones living inG1722
N-GSFto be punished;G2849
CONJhold in utter contemptG2706
N-GSFof God. Theyare audaciousG5113
A-NPMThey are notG3756
V-PAP-NPMthose things ofG1722
V-PAI-3Pand shall be utterly destroyedG5356
They are bringing upon themselvesG2865
N-ASFin satisfying their lustful desiresG5172
N-DPFwhile feasting together withG4910
CONJthat cannot cease fromG180
N-GSFthey are engaged inseducingG1185
V-RPP-ASFin lustful cravings—G4124
Who have abandonedG2641
N-ASFThey have gone astray,G4105
T-GSMson of Beor,G1007
N-DPFof the fleshG4561
N-GSFby granting indulgencesG766
N-DPFto sin, and ensnaring thoseG3588
V-PAP-APMfrom those who liveG390
CONJheld in bondage.G1402
CONJit would have beenG2258
PRT-Nto have knownG1921
V-2AAP-DPMit, to turn backG1994
CONJthe pronouncement found in theG3588
N-ASMplace in the filthy mire.G1004
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved