1. And all the tribes of Israel came to David, to Hebron, and spoke, saying, “Behold, we are your bone and your flesh.
2. Also in time past, when Saul was king over us, you were he who led Israel out and brought them in. And the LORD said to you, ‘You shall feed My people Israel, and you shall be a shepherd over Israel.’ ”
3. And all the elders of Israel came to the king at Hebron. And King David made a covenant with them in Hebron before the LORD. And they anointed David king over Israel.
4. David was thirty years old when he began to reign. He reigned forty years.
5. In Hebron he reigned over Judah seven years and six months, and in Jerusalem he reigned thirty-three years over all Israel and Judah.
6. The king and his troops then marched on Jerusalem against the people of Jebus, the natives of the territory. They however, announced to David, “You shall not get in here; the blind and the lame can turn you back!” assuming “David cannot gain access here.”
7. But David did capture the fortress of Zion, which now is the City of David.
8. On that day David had given orders, “Whoever would strike down the men of Jebus, let him reach them by way of the water tunnel, even these ‘lame’ and ‘blind’ whom the soul of David hates!” From this comes the saying, “The blind and the lame cannot get into the house.”
9. And David lived in the fort and called it the city of David. And David built all around, from Millo and inward.
10. And David went on and became great, and the LORD God of hosts was with him.
11. And Hiram king of Tyre sent messengers, and cedar trees, and carpenters, and masons to David. And they built David a house.
12. And David saw that the LORD had established him king over Israel, and that He had made his kingdom sure for His people Israel’s sake.
13. And David took more concubines and wives out of Jerusalem after he had come from Hebron. And there were still more sons and daughters born to David.
14. These are the names of those born to him in Jerusalem: Shammua, and Shobab, and Nathan, and Solomon,
15. And Ibhar, and Elishua, and Nepheg, and Japhia,
16. And Elishama, and Eliada, and Eliphalet.
17. And the Philistines heard that they had anointed David king over Israel. And all the Philistines came up to seek David. Then David heard and went down to the stronghold.
18. And the Philistines came and spread themselves in the Valley of the Giants.
19. And David inquired of the LORD, saying, “Shall I go up to the Philistines? Will You deliver them into my hand?” And the LORD said to David, “Go up! For I will surely deliver the Philistines into your hand.”
20. And David came to Baal Perazim, and David struck them there, and said, “The LORD has broken forth upon my enemies before me, like the breaking forth of waters.” Therefore he called the name of that place The Breaking of Baal.
21. And they left their images there, and David and his men took them away.
22. And the Philistines came up again and spread themselves in the Valley of the Giants.
23. And David inquired of the LORD, and He said, “You shall not go up, but go around behind them and come upon them over across from the aspen trees.
24. And it shall be, when you hear the sound of marching in the tops of the aspen trees, then you shall strike; for then the LORD shall go out before you to strike the army of the Philistines.”
25. And David did so, as the LORD had commanded him. And he struck the Philistines from Geba until you come to Gezer.
HNcfscHSp2msand your flesh.H1320
HTain time past,H865
HVqp2mshe who ledH3318
HNpout and brought them in.H935
HCHTdHVhrmsaAnd the LORDH3068
HNpAnd they anointedH4886
HNcmpaand in JerusalemH3389
HTdHNcmsaand his troopsH376
HNpagainst the people of Jebus,H2983
HVqrmscof the territory.H776
HTdHNcbsaThey however, announcedH559
HRHVqc"You shall notH3808
HTdHAampaand the lameH6452
HCHTdHAampacan turn you back!"H5493
HNphad given orders,H559
HNcmscwould strike downH5221
HVhrmscthe men of Jebus,H2983
HNgmsalet him reachH5060
HCHVqi3msthem by way of the water tunnel,H6794
HTdHAampawhom the soulH5315
HTmcomes the saying,H559
HAamsaand the lameH6455
HCHVqw3msin the fortH4686
HNpAnd they builtH1129
HNphad established himH3559
HNpand that He had madeH5375
HCHNcfpaout of JerusalemH3389
HRhe had comeH935
HRHNpAnd there were still moreH5750
And the PhilistinesH6430
HCthey had anointedH4886
HCHVqw3msand went downH3381
HCHVqw3msof the LORD,H3068
HRHVqc"Shall I go upH5927
HNgmpaWill You deliver themH5414
HTiHVqi2msHSp3mpinto my hand?"H3027
HRHNcbscHSp1csAnd the LORDH3068
HCI will surelyH5414
HTdHNgmpainto your hand."H3027
HCHVqw3msto Baal Perazim,H1188
HNphas broken forthH6555
HRHNcbpcHSp1cslike the breaking forthH6556
HTdHNcmsaThe Breaking of Baal.H1188
HCHVqw3msof the LORD,H3068
HRHNpand He said,H559
HCHVqw3ms"You shall notH3808
HRthe aspen trees.H1057
And it shall be,H1961
HCHVqj3mswhen you hearH8085
HNcfsain the topsH7218
HRHNcmpcof the aspen trees,H1057
HDyou shall strike;H2782
HNpshall go outH3318
HRHNcbscof the Philistines."H6430
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved