1. And Saul’s son heard that Abner was dead in Hebron. And his hands were feeble, and all the Israelites were troubled.
2. And Saul’s son had two men that were captains of bands. The name of the one was Baanah, and the name of the other was Rechab, the sons of Rimmon of Beeroth, of the sons of Benjamin. For Beeroth also was counted to Benjamin;
3. And the men of Beeroth fled to Gittaim and were strangers there until this day.
4. And Jonathan, Saul’s son, had a son who was lame in his feet. He was five years old when the news of Saul and Jonathan came out of Jezreel, and his nurse took him up and fled. And as she made haste to flee he fell and became lame. And his name was Mephibosheth.
5. And the sons of Rimmon of Beeroth, Rechab and Baanah, came at the heat of the day to the house of Ishbosheth. And he was lying on his bed at noon.
6. And they came to the midst of the house, bringing wheat. And they struck him in the belly. And Rechab and Baanah his brother escaped.
7. For when they came into the house, he lay in his bed in his bedroom. And they struck him and killed him, and beheaded him and took his head and got away through the plain all night.
8. And they brought the head of Ishbosheth to David at Hebron and said to the king, “Behold the head of Ishbosheth the son of Saul, your enemy who sought your life. And the LORD has avenged my lord the king this day of Saul and of his seed.”
9. And David answered Rechab and Baanah his brother, the sons of Rimmon of Beeroth, and said to them, “As the LORD lives Who has redeemed my soul out of all adversity,
10. When one told me, saying, ‘Behold, Saul is dead’—thinking to have brought good news—I took hold of him and slew him in Ziklag. I gave that to him as a reward.
11. Indeed when wicked men have slain a righteous person in his own house upon his bed, shall I not therefore now require his blood of your hand, and take you away from the earth?”
12. And David commanded his young men and they killed them, and cut off their hands and their feet, and hanged them up over the pool in Hebron. But they took the head of Ishbosheth and buried it in the tomb of Abner in Hebron.
HRHNpAnd his handsH3027
HNcmscof the oneH259
HNpand the nameH8034
HCHNcmscof the otherH8145
HTdHNgmsaof the sonsH1121
HNcmschad a sonH1121
HNcmsawho was lameH5223
HAamscin his feet.H7272
HNcmscwhen the newsH8052
HRHNpand his nurseH539
HVqrfscHSp3mstook him upH5375
HCHVqw3fsAnd as she made hasteH2648
HCHVNw3msAnd his nameH8034
And the sonsH1121
HCHVqw3mpat the heatH2527
HRHNcmscof the dayH3117
HNcmscof the house,H1004
HNcfpaAnd they struck himH5221
For when they came intoH935
HNcfscHSp3msin his bedroom.H2315
HNcmscHSp3msAnd they struck himH5221
HCHVhw3mpHSp3msand killed him,H4191
HNcmscHSp3msand got awayH3212
And they broughtH935
HNcbscHSp2msAnd the LORDH3068
HRHNpand of his seed."H2233
HRHSp3mp"As the LORDH3068
HNcbscHSp1csout of allH3605
HRHVprmsaI took holdH270
HRHSp3msand slew himH2026
HRHSp3msas a reward.H1309
HNcmsain his own houseH1004
HNcmscHSp3msshall I notH3808
HNcmscHSp3msof your hand,H3027
HTohis young menH5288
HTdHNcmpaand they killed them,H2026
HCHVqw3mpHSp3mpand cut offH7112
HNcfdcHSp3mpand hanged them upH8518
HCHVqw3mpit in the tombH6913
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved