1. Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,
2. To Timothy, my beloved son: Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.
3. I am grateful to God—Whom I have been serving from the days of my forefathers with a pure conscience—because I never fail to remember you in my supplications night and day.
4. As I recall your tears, I am longing to see you, so that I may be filled with joy;
5. When I remember the unfeigned faith that is in you, which first dwelt in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice—and I am convinced that it dwells in you also.
7. For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of sound mindedness.
8. Therefore, you should not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner; but jointly suffer with me for the sake of the gospel, according to the power of God,
10. But has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, Who has annulled death, and has brought to light eternal life and incorruptibility through the gospel
11. Unto which I was ordained a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles;
12. For which cause I am also suffering these things; nevertheless, I am not ashamed. For I know Whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He has the power to keep what I have committed to Him for that day.
14. Guard the good thing that was committed to you by the Holy Spirit that is dwelling in us.
15. You know this, that all those who are in Asia have rejected me, of whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes.
16. May the Lord grant mercy to the household of Onesiphorus because he frequently refreshed me and was not ashamed of my chains.
17. For when he was in Rome, he searched for me very diligently and found me.
18. May the Lord grant to him that he may find mercy from the Lord in that day and how much he served me in Ephesus, you know very well.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved