2. And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, these
things commit to faithful men, such as will be competent to teach others also.
3. You, therefore, endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
4. No one who is serving as a soldier becomes involved in civilian pursuits, so
that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier.
5. Also, if anyone strives to win in the athletic games, he is not crowned unless he has competed lawfully.
6. Moreover, it is necessary for the husbandman to labor before partaking of the fruits.
7. Give careful consideration to the things that I am telling you, and may the Lord give you understanding in all things.
8. Remember that Jesus Christ, of the seed of David, was raised from among the dead according to my gospel;
10. Because of this, I endure all things for the sake of the elect in order that they may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
11. This is a faithful saying: If we have died together with Him, we shall also live together with Him;
12. If we endure, we shall also reign together with Him; if we deny Him, He will also deny us;
13. If we are unfaithful, He remains faithful—He cannot deny Himself.
14. See that they remain mindful of these things, earnestly charging them in the sight of the Lord not to argue over words that are not profitable in any way, but which lead to the subverting of those who hear.
16. But avoid profane and vain babblings because they will only give rise to more ungodliness,
17. And their words will eat away at the body like gangrene; of whom are Hymeneus and Philetus,
18. Who have gone astray from the truth, claiming that the resurrection has already taken place, and are destroying the faith of some.
19. Nevertheless, the foundation of God stands firm, having this seal: “The Lord knows those who are His,” and, “Let everyone who calls upon the name of Christ depart from unrighteousness.”
20. But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; and some are for honor; and some are for dishonor.
21. Therefore, if anyone has purged himself from these, he will be a vessel for honor, having been sanctified and made serviceable to the Master, and having been prepared for every good work.
22. But flee youthful lusts; and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace with those who are calling on the Lord out of a pure heart.
23. But foolish and ignorant speculations reject, knowing that they engender arguments.
24. Now it is obligatory that a servant of the Lord not be argumentative, but gentle toward all, competent to teach, forbearing,
26. And that they may wake up and escape from the devil’s snare, who have been taken captive by him to do his will.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved