1. Know this also, that in the last days perilous times shall come;
3. Without natural affection, implacable, slanderers, without self-control, savage, despisers of those who are good,
4. Betrayers, reckless, egotistical, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God;
5. Having an outward appearance of godliness, but denying the power of true godliness. But as for you, turn away from all these.
6. For from men such as these come those who are worming their way into houses, and are gaining control over empty-headed gullible women given over to various sins, being driven by all kinds of lust.
7. They are always learning but are never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8. Now just as Jannes and Jambres stood against Moses, in the same manner also these are brazenly standing against the truth; they are men of depraved minds, reprobate in respect to the faith.
9. But they will proceed no further, because their folly will become clearly evident to everyone, just as theirs also was.
11. Persecutions and sufferings—such as happened to me in Antioch, in Iconium, and in Lystra. You know what sort of persecutions I endured; and the Lord delivered me out of them all.
12. And indeed, everyone who desires to live godly in Christ Jesus shall be persecuted.
13. But wicked men and imposters shall become worse and worse, deceiving others and being deceived themselves.
17. So that the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved