1. Now Peter and John went up together into the temple at the hour of prayer, which was the ninth hour;
2. And a certain man who was lame from his mother’s womb was being carried, whom they placed daily at the temple door which is called Beautiful, to beg alms from those who were going into the temple.
3. When he saw Peter and John about to go into the temple, he asked to receive alms.
4. But Peter and John, intently observing him, said, “Look on us.”
5. And he fixed his attention on them, expecting to receive something from them.
6. But Peter said, “Silver and gold I do not have; but what I do have, this I give to you. In the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarean, rise up and walk.”
7. Then taking him by the right hand, he raised him up; and immediately his feet and ankle bones were strengthened.
8. And leaping up, he stood and walked; and he entered into the temple with them, walking and leaping and praising God.
9. Now all the people saw him walking and praising God.
10. And they recognized him, that he was the one who had been sitting at the temple gate called Beautiful, asking for alms; and they were filled with wonder and amazement at that which had happened to him.
11. And as the lame man who had been healed held Peter and John, all the people ran together to them in the porch that is called Solomon’s, for they were greatly amazed.
12. And when Peter saw it, he answered to the people, “Men, Israelites, why are you wondering at this? And why are you looking upon us so intently as if by our own power or godliness we have made him to walk?
13. The God of Abraham and Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified His Son Jesus, Whom you delivered up, and denied Him in the presence of Pilate, after he had judged to release Him.
14. But you denied the Holy and Righteous One, and requested that a man who was a murderer be granted to you;
15. And you killed the Author of life Whom God has raised from the dead, whereof we are witnesses.
16. And through faith in His name, this man whom you see and know was made strong in His name; and the faith that is through Him gave this complete soundness to him in the presence of you all.
17. And now, brethren, I realize that you acted in ignorance, as did your rulers also;
18. But what God had before announced by the mouth of all His prophets, that Christ should suffer, He has accordingly fulfilled.
19. Therefore, repent and be converted in order that your sins may be blotted out, so that the times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord;
20. And that He may send Him Who was before proclaimed to you, Jesus Christ,
21. Whom the heaven must indeed receive until the times of restoration of all things, of which God has spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began.
22. For Moses truly said to the fathers, ‘A Prophet shall the Lord your God raise up to you from among your brethren, like me; Him shall you hear in all things that He shall say to you.
23. And it shall be that every soul who will not hear that Prophet shall be destroyed from among the people.’
24. Now indeed, all the prophets from Samuel and those who followed, as many as prophesied, also proclaimed these days.
25. You are the children of the prophets and of the covenant that God Himself appointed to our fathers, saying to Abraham, ‘And in your seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed.’
26. Unto you first has God, having raised up His Son Jesus, sent Him to bless you in turning each of you from your wickedness.”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved