1. Thus says the LORD, “For three transgressions of Moab, yea for four, I will not turn away its punishment; because he burned the bones of the king of Edom into lime.
2. But I will send a fire upon Moab, and it shall devour the palaces of Kerioth. And Moab shall die with great noise, with shouting, with the sound of a ram’s horn.
3. And I will cut off the judge from its midst, and will slay all its princes with him,” says the LORD.
4. Thus says the LORD, “For three transgressions of Judah, yea for four, I will not turn away its punishment; because they have despised the laws of the LORD, and have not kept His commandments. And their lies caused them to err, those after which their fathers walked.
5. But I will send a fire upon Judah, and it shall devour the palaces of Jerusalem.”
6. Thus says the LORD, “For three transgressions of Israel, yea for four, I will not turn away its punishment; because they sold the righteous for silver, and the poor for a pair of sandals;
7. They trample the head of the poor into the dust of the earth, and turn aside the way of the meek. And a man and his father will go in to the same woman, to defile My holy name.
8. And beside every altar they lay themselves down upon garments taken in pledge, and they drink the wine of the condemned in the house of their god.
9. Yet I destroyed the Amorite before them, whose height was like the height of the cedars, and whose strength was as the oaks; yet I destroyed his fruit from above and his roots from below.
10. Also I brought you up from the land of Egypt and led you forty years through the wilderness to possess the land of the Amorite.
11. And I raised up prophets from your sons and Nazarites from your young men. Is it not even so, O children of Israel?” says the LORD.
12. “But you gave the Nazarites wine to drink, and commanded the prophets, saying, ‘Do not prophesy.’
13. Behold, I will press you down, as a cart full of sheaves is pressed down.
14. Therefore the flight shall perish from the swift, and the strong shall not strengthen his power, nor shall the mighty deliver his life;
15. Nor shall he who handles the bow stand. And the swift-footed shall not deliver himself; neither shall he that rides the horse deliver himself.
16. And the stout-hearted among the mighty shall flee away naked in that day,” says the LORD.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved