1. Hear this word that the LORD has spoken against you, children of Israel, against the whole family which I brought up from the land of Egypt, saying,
2. “You only have I known of all the families of the earth; therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities.
3. Can two walk together unless they be agreed?
4. Will a lion roar in the forest when he has no prey? Will a young lion cry out of his den if he has caught nothing?
5. Will a bird fall into a trap on the ground, when there is no bait for it? Will a trap spring up from the ground, and nothing at all be caught?
6. If a ram’s horn is blown in a city, will the people not also tremble? If there is a calamity in a city, has the LORD not also done it?
7. Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing unless He reveals His secret unto His servants the prophets.
8. The lion has roared—who will not fear? The Lord GOD has spoken—who can but prophesy?
9. Make it heard at the palaces of Ashdod, and the palaces in the land of Egypt, and say, ‘Gather yourselves on the mountains of Samaria, and behold the great tumults in its midst, and the oppressed within it,
10. For they do not know to do right,’ says the LORD, ‘those who store up violence and robbery in their palaces.’”
11. Therefore thus says the Lord GOD, “An enemy! And he shall be all around the land; and he shall bring you down from your strength, and your palaces shall be plundered.”
12. Thus says the LORD, “As the shepherd takes two legs out of the mouth of the lion, or a piece of an ear, so shall the children of Israel be taken out—those who dwell in Samaria in the corner of a bed, and in Damascus on a couch.
13. Hear and testify in the house of Jacob,” says the Lord GOD, the God of hosts,
14. “For in the day that I shall visit the transgressions of Israel on him, I will also visit the altars of Bethel. And the horns of the altar shall be cut off and shall fall to the ground.
15. And I will strike the winter house together with the summer house, and the houses of ivory shall perish. And the great houses shall be swept away,” says the LORD.
HTrI brought upH5927
HVhp1csfrom the landH776
HTahave I knownH3045
HNcfpcof the earth;H127
HTmI will punishH6485
Will a lionH738
HTiHVqi3msin the forestH3293
HRdHNcmsawhen he has noH369
HCHNcmsaWill a young lionH3715
HNcmscHSp3msof his denH4585
Will a birdH6833
HTdHNcbsawhen there is noH369
HRHSp3fsWill a trapH6341
HTnat all be caught?H3920
HCa ram's hornH7782
HVNi3msin a city,H5892
HRHNcfsawill the peopleH5971
HNcfsain a city,H5892
HRHNcfsahas the LORDH3068
HTnalso done it?H6213
Make it heardH8085
HNcmpain the landH776
HNcfpain its midst,H8432
HRHNcmscHSp3fsand the oppressedH6217
For they doH6213
HVqp3cpto do right,'H5229
HNp'those who store upH686
HCHNcmsain their palaces.'”H759
HNcmsaAnd he shall be all aroundH5439
HTdHNcbsaand he shall bring you downH3381
HNcmscHSp2fsand your palacesH759
HNcmpcHSp2fsshall be plundered."H962
HNcbdaout of the mouthH6310
HRHNcmscof the lion,H738
HNcmscof an ear,H241
HTmshall the childrenH1121
HNpbe taken out—H5337
HVNi3mpthose who dwellH3427
HRHNpin the cornerH6285
HRHNcfscof a bed,H4296
HNcfsaand in DamascusH1833
HCin the dayH3117
HRHNcmscthat I shall visitH6485
HRHSp3msI will also visitH6485
HNpAnd the hornsH7161
HNcbpcof the altarH4196
HTdHNcmsashall be cut offH1438
HCHVNq3cpand shall fallH5307
HCHVqq3cpto the ground.H776
And I will strikeH5221
HNcmscand the housesH1004
HCHVqq3cpAnd the greatH7227
HNcmpashall be swept away,"H5486
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved