1. Hear this word, cows of Bashan who are in the mountain of Samaria—who oppress the poor, who crush the needy, who say to their husbands, “Bring in wine that we may drink.”
2. The Lord GOD has sworn by His holiness, “Behold, the days shall come upon you when they will lift you up with meat hooks, and your posterity with fishhooks.
3. And you shall go out at the breaches in the walls, each woman straight before her. And you shall be cast off to Harmon,” says the LORD.
4. “Come to Bethel and transgress; to Gilgal and multiply transgressing at Gilgal. And bring your sacrifices for the morning, your tithes for three years;
5. And offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving from that which is leavened, and cry out; call out the voluntary offerings, for so you love to do, O children of Israel!” says the Lord GOD.
6. “And I also have given you cleanness of teeth in all your cities, and lack of bread in all your places, yet you have not returned to Me,” says the LORD.
7. “And I have also withheld the rain from you, when there were yet three months to the harvest. And I caused rain to fall on one city and caused it not to rain on another city; one field was rained on, and the field on which it did not rain dried up.
8. So two or three cities wandered to one city to drink water, but they were not satisfied; yet you have not returned to Me,” says the LORD.
9. “I have stricken you with blasting and mildew. When your gardens and your vineyards, and your fig trees, and your olive trees increased, the creeping locust devoured them; yet you have not returned to Me,” says the LORD.
10. “I have sent the plague among you after the manner of Egypt; I have slain your young men with the sword, and have taken away your horses. And I have made the stench of your camps to come up into your nostrils; yet you have not returned to Me,” says the LORD.
11. “I have overthrown some among you as God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah, and you were like a firebrand plucked out of the burning; yet you have not returned to Me,” says the LORD.
12. “Therefore I will do this to you, O Israel; and because I will do this to you, prepare to meet your God, O Israel!”
13. For lo, He forms the mountains and creates the wind, and declares to man what his thought is. He who makes the morning darkness, and treads upon the high places of the earth—the LORD, the God of hosts, is His name.
HTrarein the mountainH2022
HTdHVqrfpato their husbands,H113
HVhv2msHShwinethat we may drink."H8354
HVNp3msby His holiness,H6944
HRHSp2mpwhen they will lift you upH5375
HToHSp2mpwith meat hooks,H6793
HRHNcmpaand your posterityH319
And you shall go outH3318
HVqi2fpat the breaches in the walls,H6556
HNcfsastraight before her.H5048
HRHSp3fsAnd you shall be cast offH7993
HRHVqcatGilgal. And bringH935
HNcmpcHSp2mpfor the morning,H1242
HCHVpaa sacrifice of thanksgivingH8426
HNcfsafrom that which is leavened,H2557
HRHNcmsaand cry out;H7121
HVhv2mpthe voluntary offerings,H5071
HVqp2mpto do, O children ofH1121
HNcmpcHSp2mpyet you have notH3808
HRHSp2mpwhen there were yetH5750
HNcmpato the harvest.H7105
HRdHNcmsaAnd I caused rainH4305
HCHVhq1csto fall onH5921
HNcfsaand caused it notH3808
HRHSp3fsand the fieldH2513
HTrit did notH3808
HNcmpabut they were notH3808
HVqi3mpyet you have notH3808
"I have strickenH5221
HCHRdHNcmsaWhen your gardensH1593
HNcfpcHSp2mpand your vineyards,H3754
HCHNcbpcHSp2mpand your fig trees,H8384
HCHNcfpcHSp2mpand your olive treesH2132
HVhcthe creeping locustH1501
HVqi3msthem; yet you have notH3808
"I have sentH7971
HRHSp2mpafter the mannerH1870
HNpI have slainH2026
HVqp1csyour young menH970
HNcmpcHSp2mpwith the sword,H2719
HRhave taken awayH7628
HNcmpcHSp2mpAnd I have made the stenchH889
HNcmscof your campsH4264
HNcbscHSp2mpto come upH5927
HCHVhw1csinto your nostrils;H639
HCHRHNcmscHSp2mpyet you have notH3808
"I have overthrownH2015
HVqp1cssome among youHb
HNpand you wereH1961
HCHVqw2mplike a firebrandH181
HVHsmsaof the burning;H8316
HRHNcfsayet you have notH3808
HDI will doH6213
HCI will doH6213
HVqi1csthis to you,Hl
HNcmscHSp3msis. He who makesH6213
HRthe high placesH1116
HNcfpcof the earth—H776
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved