1. Hear this word, cows of Bashan who are in the mountain of Samaria—who oppress the poor, who crush the needy, who say to their husbands, “Bring in wine that we may drink.”
2. The Lord GOD has sworn by His holiness, “Behold, the days shall come upon you when they will lift you up with meat hooks, and your posterity with fishhooks.
3. And you shall go out at the breaches in the walls, each woman straight before her. And you shall be cast off to Harmon,” says the LORD.
4. “Come to Bethel and transgress; to Gilgal and multiply transgressing at Gilgal. And bring your sacrifices for the morning, your tithes for three years;
5. And offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving from that which is leavened, and cry out; call out the voluntary offerings, for so you love to do, O children of Israel!” says the Lord GOD.
6. “And I also have given you cleanness of teeth in all your cities, and lack of bread in all your places, yet you have not returned to Me,” says the LORD.
7. “And I have also withheld the rain from you, when there were yet three months to the harvest. And I caused rain to fall on one city and caused it not to rain on another city; one field was rained on, and the field on which it did not rain dried up.
8. So two or three cities wandered to one city to drink water, but they were not satisfied; yet you have not returned to Me,” says the LORD.
9. “I have stricken you with blasting and mildew. When your gardens and your vineyards, and your fig trees, and your olive trees increased, the creeping locust devoured them; yet you have not returned to Me,” says the LORD.
10. “I have sent the plague among you after the manner of Egypt; I have slain your young men with the sword, and have taken away your horses. And I have made the stench of your camps to come up into your nostrils; yet you have not returned to Me,” says the LORD.
11. “I have overthrown some among you as God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah, and you were like a firebrand plucked out of the burning; yet you have not returned to Me,” says the LORD.
12. “Therefore I will do this to you, O Israel; and because I will do this to you, prepare to meet your God, O Israel!”
13. For lo, He forms the mountains and creates the wind, and declares to man what his thought is. He who makes the morning darkness, and treads upon the high places of the earth—the LORD, the God of hosts, is His name.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved