1. Now I want you to understand what great concern I have for you, and for those in Laodicea, and as many as have not seen my face in the flesh;
3. In Whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
4. Now this I say so that no one may deceive you by persuasive speech.
5. For though I am indeed absent in the flesh, yet I am with you in spirit, rejoicing and beholding your order, and the steadfastness of your faith in Christ.
6. Therefore, as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, be walking in Him;
7. Being rooted and built up in Him, and being confirmed in the faith, exactly as you were taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving.
8. Be on guard so that no one takes you captive through philosophy and vain deceit, according to the traditions of men, according to the elements of the world, and not according to Christ.
10. And you are complete in Him, Who is the Head of all principality and power
14. He has blotted out the note of debt against us with the decrees of our sins, which was contrary to us; and He has taken it away, having nailed it to the cross. (see explanation)
15. After stripping the principalities and the powers, He made a public spectacle of them, and has triumphed over them in it. (see explanation)
17. Which are a foreshadow of the things that are coming, but the body of Christ.
18. Do not allow anyone to defraud you of the prize by doing his will in self-abasement and the worship of angels, intruding into things that he has not seen, vainly puffed up by his own carnal mind (see explanation)
19. And not holding fast to the Head, from Whom all the body, being supplied and knit together by the joints and bands, is increasing with the increase of God.
21. They say, “You may not handle! You may not taste! You may not touch!”
22. The use of all such things leads to corruption, according to the commandments and doctrines of men,
23. Which indeed have an outward appearance of wisdom in voluntary worship of angels, and self-abasement, and unsparing treatment of the body, not in any respect to the satisfying of the needs of the flesh.
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved