2. Set your affection on the things that are above, and not on the things that are on the earth.
3. For you have died, and your life has been hid together with Christ in God.
4. When Christ, Who is our life, is manifested, then you also shall be manifested with Him in glory.
6. Because of these things, the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience,
7. Among whom you also once walked, when you were living in these things.
8. But now, you should also put off all these things: wrath, indignation, malice, blasphemy, and foul language from your mouth.
9. Do not lie to one another, seeing that you have put off the old man together with his deeds,
10. And have put on the new man, who is being renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him Who created him;
11. Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, barbarian nor Scythian, slave nor free; but Christ is all things, and in all.
12. Put on then, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, deep inner affections, kindness, humility, meekness and longsuffering;
13. Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so also you should forgive.
14. And above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection.
15. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which you were called into one body, and be thankful.
16. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
17. And in everything—whatever you do in word or in deed—do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him.
18. Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as it is fitting in the Lord.
19. Husbands, love your wives, and do not be bitter against them.
20. Children, obey your parents in all things, for this is well pleasing to the Lord.
21. Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they be discouraged.
22. Servants, obey your fleshly masters in all things—not with eye service as pleasing men; but with singleness of heart, fearing God.
23. And whatever you do, do heartily, as to the Lord and not to men;
24. Knowing that you shall receive from the Lord the recompense of the inheritance, for you are serving Christ the Lord.
25. But the one who does wrong shall receive for the wrong he has done, and there is no respect of persons.
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved