1. In the third year of Cyrus king of Persia a message was revealed to Daniel, whose name was called Belteshazzar. And the message was true, but the time appointed was long. And he understood the message and had understanding of the vision.
2. In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks.
3. I ate no pleasant food, neither did flesh or wine enter my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, until three whole weeks were fulfilled.
4. And in the twenty-fourth day of the first month, as I was by the side of the great river, which is Tigris,
5. Then I lifted up my eyes and looked, and behold, a certain man was clothed in linen, whose loins were girded with fine gold of Uphaz.
6. His body also was like beryl, and his face looked like lightning. And his eyes were like lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet in color were like polished bronze, and the sound of his words like the sound of a multitude.
7. And I, Daniel, alone saw the vision. Now the men who were with me did not see the vision, but a great dread fell upon them, so that they fled to hide themselves.
8. Therefore I was left alone and saw this great vision, and there remained no strength in me. For my face turned deathly pale, and I retained no strength.
9. Yet I heard the sound of his words. And when I heard the sound of his words, then I was in a deep sleep on my face, and my face was toward the ground.
10. And behold, a hand touched me, which set me trembling upon my knees and the palms of my hands.
11. And he said to me, “O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, give heed to the words that I speak to you and stand upright, for to you I am now sent.” And when he had spoken these words to me, I stood up trembling.
12. Then he said to me, “Do not fear, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart to understand and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard. And I have come because of your words.
13. But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days. Then lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; for I had been there alone with the kings of Persia.
14. Now I have come to make you understand what shall happen to your people in the latter days, for the vision is yet for many days.”
15. And when he had spoken such words to me, I bowed my face toward the ground, and I became dumb.
16. And behold, one looking like thesons of men touched my lips. Then I opened my mouth and spoke and said to him who stood before me, “O lord, my sorrows have overwhelmed me because of the vision, and I have retained no strength.
17. For how can this servant of my lord talk with so great a one as my lord? For as for me, there now remains no strength in me, nor is there any breath left in me.”
18. Then again, one with the appearance of a man came and touched me, and he strengthened me,
19. And said, “O man greatly beloved, do not fear. Peace be unto you; be strong; yea, be strong.” And when he had spoken to me, I was made stronger, and I said, “Let my lord speak, for you have strengthened me.”
20. Then he said, “Do you know why I come to you? And now I must return to fight with the prince of Persia. And when I go forth, lo, the prince of Greece shall come.
21. But I will show you that which is written in the Scripture of Truth. (And there is none who holds strongly with me against them, except Michael your prince.”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved