1. In the third year of Cyrus king of Persia a message was revealed to Daniel, whose name was called Belteshazzar. And the message was true, but the time appointed was long. And he understood the message and had understanding of the vision.
2. In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks.
3. I ate no pleasant food, neither did flesh or wine enter my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, until three whole weeks were fulfilled.
4. And in the twenty-fourth day of the first month, as I was by the side of the great river, which is Tigris,
5. Then I lifted up my eyes and looked, and behold, a certain man was clothed in linen, whose loins were girded with fine gold of Uphaz.
6. His body also was like beryl, and his face looked like lightning. And his eyes were like lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet in color were like polished bronze, and the sound of his words like the sound of a multitude.
7. And I, Daniel, alone saw the vision. Now the men who were with me did not see the vision, but a great dread fell upon them, so that they fled to hide themselves.
8. Therefore I was left alone and saw this great vision, and there remained no strength in me. For my face turned deathly pale, and I retained no strength.
9. Yet I heard the sound of his words. And when I heard the sound of his words, then I was in a deep sleep on my face, and my face was toward the ground.
10. And behold, a hand touched me, which set me trembling upon my knees and the palms of my hands.
11. And he said to me, “O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, give heed to the words that I speak to you and stand upright, for to you I am now sent.” And when he had spoken these words to me, I stood up trembling.
12. Then he said to me, “Do not fear, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart to understand and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard. And I have come because of your words.
13. But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days. Then lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; for I had been there alone with the kings of Persia.
14. Now I have come to make you understand what shall happen to your people in the latter days, for the vision is yet for many days.”
15. And when he had spoken such words to me, I bowed my face toward the ground, and I became dumb.
16. And behold, one looking like thesons of men touched my lips. Then I opened my mouth and spoke and said to him who stood before me, “O lord, my sorrows have overwhelmed me because of the vision, and I have retained no strength.
17. For how can this servant of my lord talk with so great a one as my lord? For as for me, there now remains no strength in me, nor is there any breath left in me.”
18. Then again, one with the appearance of a man came and touched me, and he strengthened me,
19. And said, “O man greatly beloved, do not fear. Peace be unto you; be strong; yea, be strong.” And when he had spoken to me, I was made stronger, and I said, “Let my lord speak, for you have strengthened me.”
20. Then he said, “Do you know why I come to you? And now I must return to fight with the prince of Persia. And when I go forth, lo, the prince of Greece shall come.
21. But I will show you that which is written in the Scripture of Truth. (And there is none who holds strongly with me against them, except Michael your prince.”
In the thirdH7969
HNpAnd the messageH1697
HCHNcfsabut the time appointedH6635
HAamsaAnd he understoodH995
HTdHNcmsaand had understandingH998
HRHSp3msof the vision.H4758
HTndid I anointH5480
HCHVqamyself at all,H5480
And in the twenty-fourthH6242
HCHRHNcmscof the firstH7223
HNcbscof the greatH1419
Then I lifted upH5375
HVqsmpawith fine goldH3800
HCHNcfscHSp3msalso was like beryl,H8658
HRHNcmsaand his faceH6440
HNcmsaAnd his eyesH5869
HCHNcbdcHSp3mswere like lampsH3940
HNcbsaand his armsH2220
HCHNcbpcHSp3msand his feetH4772
HRHNcbscwere like polishedH7044
HNcfsaand the soundH6963
HCHNcmscof his wordsH1697
HNcmpcHSp3mslike the soundH6963
HRHNcmscof a multitude.H1995
HTdHNcfsaNow the menH376
HRHSp3mpso that they fledH1272
HCHPp1cswas left aloneH7604
HTdHNcfsaand there remainedH7604
HRHSp1csFor my faceH1935
HRHNcmsaand I retainedH6113
Yet I heardH8085
HNcmscof his words.H1697
HNcmpcHSp3msAnd when I heardH8085
HNcmscof his words,H1697
HVqp1csin a deep sleepH7290
HNcbpcHSp1csand my faceH6440
HCHNcbpcHSp1cswastoward the ground.H776
HRHSp1cswhich set me tremblingH5128
HNcfdcHSp1csand the palmsH3709
HCHNcfpcof my hands.H3027
And he saidH559
HVhv2msto the wordsH1697
HRHSp2msI am nowH6258
HVPp1csAnd when he had spokenH1696
HRHSp1csI stood upH5975
Then he saidH559
HRHVhcand to humbleH6031
HVqp1csbecause of your words.H1697
But the princeH8269
HCHNcmscof the kingdomH4438
HAcmsaof the chiefH7223
HVqp3msto help me;H5826
Now I have comeH935
HCHVqp1csto make you understandH995
HVqi3msto your peopleH5971
HRHNcmscHSp2msin the latterH319
HDfor many days."H3117
And when he had spokenH1696
HNcbpcHSp1cstoward the ground,H776
HNcbsaHSdand I became dumb.H481
HCHTmone looking likeH1823
HNcfdcHSp1csThen I openedH6605
HRhim who stoodH5975
HRHSp1csbecause of the vision,H4759
HRdHNcfsaand I have retainedH6113
HNcmscof my lordH113
HPdxmsso great a one asmy lord?H113
HNcmscHSp1csFor as for me,H589
HTnis there any breathH5397
HNcmsabe unto you;Hl
HVqv2msyea, be strong."H2388
HCHVqv2msAnd when he had spokenH1696
HRHSp1csI was made stronger,H2388
HVtp1csand I said,H559
HCHVqw1csHSh"Let my lordH113
HCyou have strengthened me."H2388
Then he said,H559
HCHVqw3ms"Do you knowH3045
HCHDI must returnH7725
HNpAnd when IH589
HDI will showH5046
HTothat which is writtenH7559
HTdHVqsmsain the ScriptureH3791
HNcfsa(And there is noneH369
HAcmsawho holds stronglyH2388
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved