1. In the first year of Darius the son of Ahasuerus, of the seed of the Medes, who was made king over the realm of the Chaldeans,
2. In the first year of his reign, I, Daniel, understood by books the number of the years, which came according to the Word of the LORD to Jeremiah the prophet, that the desolation of Jerusalem would last seventy years.
3. And I set my face toward the LORD God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes.
4. And I prayed to the LORD my God and made my confession, and said, “O LORD, the great and awesome God, keeping the covenant and mercy to those who love Him, and to those who keep His commandments,
5. We have sinned and have committed iniquity, and have done wickedly, and have rebelled, and have turned aside from Your commandments and from Your ordinances.
6. Neither have we hearkened unto Your servants the prophets, who spoke in Your name to our kings, our rulers, and our fathers, and to all the people of the land.
7. O LORD, righteousness belongs to You, but to us confusion of face, as at this day to the men of Judah and to the people of Jerusalem, and to all Israel who are near and who are afar off, through all the countries where You have driven them because they dealt treacherously with You.
8. O Lord, confusion of face belongs to us, to our kings, to our rulers, and to our fathers, because we have sinned against You.
9. To the LORD our God belong mercies and forgivenesses even though we have rebelled against Him.
10. Neither have we obeyed the voice of the LORD our God to walk in His laws which He set before us by His servants the prophets.
11. Yea, all Israel has transgressed Your law, and have turned aside, so that they might not obey Your voice. Therefore the curse has been poured out upon us, and the oath that is written in the law of Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against Him.
12. And He has confirmed His words which He spoke against us and against our judges who judged us by bringing upon us a great evil, for under the whole heaven it has not been done as it has been done upon Jerusalem.
13. As it is written in the law of Moses, all this evil has come upon us. Yet we did not make our prayer before the LORD our God, that we might turn from our iniquities and understand Your truth.
14. Therefore, the LORD did not hesitate concerning the evil that He brought upon us, for the LORD our God is righteous in all His works which He does, but we did not obey His voice.
15. And now, O LORD our God, Who has brought Your people out from the land of Egypt with a mighty hand, and has made a name for Yourself, as it is this day, we have sinned, we have done wickedly!
16. O LORD, I pray You, according to all Your righteousness, let Your anger and Your fury be turned away from Your city Jerusalem, Your holy mountain. Because of our sins, and for the iniquities of our fathers, Jerusalem and Your people have become a reproach to all those who are around us.
17. And now therefore, O our God, hear the prayer of Your servant, and his supplications, and cause Your face to shine upon Your sanctuary that is desolate for the LORD’S sake.
18. O my God, incline Your ear and hear. Open Your eyes and behold our desolations, and the city which is called by Your name. For we do not present our supplications before You on account of our righteousnesses, but because of Your great mercies.
19. O LORD, hear; O LORD, forgive; O LORD, hearken and do. Do not delay, for Your own sake, O my God; for Your city and Your people are called by Your name.”
20. And while I was speaking, and praying, and confessing my sin, and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the LORD my God for the holy mountain of my God;
21. Yea, while I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, came to me, about the time of the evening sacrifice.
22. And he made me to understand, and talked with me, and said, “O Daniel, I have now come forth to give you insight and understanding.
23. At the beginning of your supplications the word went forth, and I have come to declare it, for you are greatly beloved; therefore consider the word, and understand the vision:
24. Seventy weeks are decreed upon your people and upon your holy city to finish the transgression and to make an end of sin, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the Most Holy.
25. Know therefore and understand that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem, to Messiah the Prince, shall be seven weeks, and sixty-two weeks. It shall be built again with streets and the wall, even in troublous times.
26. And after sixty-two weeks Messiah shall be cut off but not for Himself. And the people of the prince who shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. But his end shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27. And he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week. And in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the offering to cease, and upon the wing of abominations shall come one who makes desolate even until the consummation. And the fully determined end which is decreed shall be poured out upon the desolator.”
In the firstH259
HNpof the seedH4074
HNpof the Medes,H2233
HTrwas made kingH4427
HNcfscof the Chaldeans,H3778
In the firstH259
HRHNcfscof his reign,H4427
HNcmscof the years,H8141
HVqp3msaccording to the WordH1697
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
HTdHNcmsathat the desolationH2723
And I setH5414
And I prayedH6419
HCHVtw1csHShto the LORDH3068
HNcmpcHSp1csand made my confession,H3034
HCHTdHNcmsato those who love Him,H157
HRHVqrmpcHSp3msand to those who keepH8104
We have sinnedH2398
HVqp1cpand have committed iniquity,H5753
HCHVqp1cpand have done wickedly,H7561
HVhp1cpand have rebelled,H4775
HCHVqp1cpand have turned asideH5493
HCHVqafrom Your commandmentsH4687
HRHNcfpcHSp2msand from Your ordinances.H4941
HCHTnhave we hearkenedH8085
HVpp3cpin Your nameH8034
HNcmpcHSp1cpand our fathers,H1
HNcmscof the land.H776
HRHSp2msbut to usHl
HTdHNcbpaas at thisH2088
HRdHNcmsato the menH376
HNpand to the peopleH3427
HNpand to allH3605
HNpwho are nearH7138
HTdHAampaand who are afar off,H7350
HTrYou have driven themH5080
HDbecause they dealt treacherouslyH4604
HNcfscof face belongsH6440
HRHSp1cpto our kings,H4428
HRHNcmpcHSp1cpto our rulers,H8269
HRHNcmpcHSp1cpand to our fathers,H1
HTrwe have sinnedH2398
HCHTnhave we obeyedH8085
HRHNcmscof the LORDH3068
HRHVqcin His lawsH8451
HNcfscHSp2msand have turned aside,H5493
HCHVqaso that they might notH1115
HRHNcmscHSp2msTherefore the curseH423
HTdHNcfsahas been poured outH5413
HRHSp1cpand the oathH7621
HVqsfsain the lawH8451
HCwe have sinnedH2398
And He has confirmedH6965
HRHTrithas been doneH6213
HRHTrit is writtenH3789
HVqsmsain the lawH8451
HRHSp1cpYet we did notH3808
HCHTnmake our prayerH2470
HNcmpcHSp1cpthat we might turnH7725
HRHVqcfrom our iniquitiesH5771
Therefore, the LORDH3068
HNpdid not hesitateH8245
HTdHNcfsathat He broughtH935
HVqp3msbut we did notH3808
HNcmscHSp2msout from the landH776
HNpwith a mightyH2389
HRHNcbsaand has madeH6213
HRHSp2msas it is thisH2088
HRdHNcmsawe have sinned,H2398
HVqp1cpwe have done wickedly!H7561
HTeYou, according to allH3605
HNcfpcHSp2mslet Your angerH639
HNcmscHSp2msand Your furyH2534
HCHNcfscHSp2msbe turned awayH7725
HVqj3msfrom Your cityH5892
HCof our sins,H2399
HRHNcmpcHSp1cpand for the iniquitiesH5771
HCHRHNcbpcof our fathers,H1
HNpand Your peopleH5971
HCHNcmscHSp2mshave become a reproachH2781
HRHNcmscthose who are around us.H5439
HCHDtherefore, O our God,H430
HNcfscof Your servant,H5650
HNcmpcHSp3msand cause Your faceH6440
HNcmscHSp2msthat is desolateH8076
O my God,H430
HVqrfpcHSp1cpand the cityH5892
HRHNcbpcHSp2mson account ofH5921
HVpj2msfor Your own sake,H4616
HRHSp2msO my God;H430
HVNp3msby Your name."H8034
HNcfscHSp1csand the sinH2403
HCHNcfscof my peopleH5971
HNcmscof my God;H430
HRdHNcfsaeven the manH376
HTrI had seenH7200
HVqp1csin the visionH2377
HRdHNcmsaat the beginning,H8462
HRdHNcfsabeing caused to flyH3286
HRHSp1csabout the timeH6256
HRHNcbscof the eveningH6153
And he made me to understand,H995
HNpI have nowH6258
HVqp1csto give you insightH7919
At the beginningH8462
HRHNcfscof your supplicationsH8469
HTdHNcmsaand to make an endH8552
HNcfsaand to make reconciliationH3722
HNcbsaand to bring inH935
HNcmscand to seal upH2856
HCHNcmsaand to anointH4886
HCHVqi2mstherefore and understandH7919
HRthe going forthH4161
HNcmscof the commandmentH1697
HRHVhcand to buildH1129
HNcmsashall be sevenH7651
HCHNcmpaIt shall be builtH1129
HNcfsaand the wall,H2742
HCHNcmsaeven in troublousH6695
HNcmsashall be cut offH3772
HRHSp3msAnd the peopleH5971
HNcmscof the princeH5057
HNcmsawho shall comeH935
HCHTdHNcfsaand the sanctuary.H6944
HCHTdHNcmsaBut his endH7093
HCHNcmscHSp3msshall bewith a flood,H7858
HNcmsaof the warH4421
And he shall confirmH1396
HNcmsaAnd in the midstH2677
HCHNcmscof the weekH7620
HTdHNcmsahe shall cause the sacrificeH2077
HNcmsaand the offeringH4503
HNcmpashall come one who makes desolateH8074
HNcfsaAnd the fully determined end which is decreedH2782
HCHVNrfsashall be poured outH5413
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved