1. In the third year of the reign of King Belshazzar a vision appeared to me—to me, Daniel—after that which appeared to me at the first.
2. And I saw in the vision, and it came to pass when I looked, I was at Shushan the palace, which is in the province of Elam. And in the vision I looked, and I was by the river Ulai.
3. Then I lifted up my eyes, and looked. And behold, a ram stood before the river having two horns, and the two horns were high, but one was higher than the other, and the higher one came up last.
4. I saw the ram pushing westward and northward and southward, and no beast could stand before him, nor any that could deliver out of his hand. But he did according to his will and became great.
5. And as I was considering, behold, a he-goat came from the west, over the face of all the earth, and did not touch the ground. And the he-goat had a notable horn between his eyes.
6. And he came to the ram that had two horns, which I had seen standing before the river, and ran at him in the fury of his power.
7. And I saw him come close unto the ram, and he was moved with anger against him, and struck the ram and shattered his two horns. And there was no power in the ram to stand before him. But he threw him down to the ground and stamped upon him. And none could deliver the ram out of his hand.
8. Then the he-goat became very great. And when he was strong, the great horn was broken. And in its place there came up the appearance of four horns toward the four winds of the heavens.
9. And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which became very great, toward the south and toward the east and toward the glorious land.
10. And it became great, even to the host of heaven. And it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and trampled upon them.
11. Yea, he magnified himself, even to the Prince of the host, and the daily sacrifice was taken away by him, and the place of His sanctuary was cast down.
12. And the host was given to it together with the daily sacrifice because of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground. And it practiced and prospered.
13. Then I heard a certain holy one speaking, and another holy one said to that certain one who spoke, “How long shall the vision last, concerning the daily sacrifice and the transgression that causes desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trampled under foot?”
14. And he said to me, “Unto two thousand, three hundred evenings and mornings. Then the sanctuary shall be cleansed.”
15. And it came to pass when I, even I, Daniel, had seen the vision and sought to understand it, then, behold, there stood before me one having the appearance of a man.
16. And I heard a man’s voice between the banks of Ulai, which called and said, “Gabriel, make this one understand the vision.”
17. So he came near where I stood. And when he came, I was terrified and fell upon my face. But he said to me, “Understand, O son of man, for the vision is for the time of the end.”
18. Now as he was speaking with me, I fell into a deep sleep, my face toward the ground. But he touched me and set me upright.
19. And he said, “Behold, I will make you know what shall happen in the latter time of the indignation, because it belongs to the appointed time of the end.
20. The ram which you saw having two horns are the kings of Media and Persia.
21. And the shaggy goat is the king of Greece. And the great horn between his eyes is the first king.
22. Now that being broken, then four stood up in its place; four kingdoms shall stand up out of the nation, but not with its power.
23. And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors have come to the full, a king, fierce of countenance and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.
24. And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power. And he shall destroy marvelously, and shall prosper and do his own will, and destroy the mighty and the holy people.
25. And also through his cunning he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand. And he shall magnify himself in his heart, and in time of security shall destroy many. He also shall stand up against the Prince of princes. But he shall be broken without a human hand.
26. And the vision of the evening and the morning which was told is true. But you shall shut up the vision, for it belongs to many days to come.”
27. And I, Daniel, fainted, and was sick certain days. Afterward I rose up and did the king’s business. And I was astounded at the vision but did not understand it.
In the thirdH7969
HRHNcfscof the reignH4438
HRthat which appearedH7200
HRHSp1csat the first.H8462
And I sawH7200
HCHVqw1csin the vision,H2377
HRdHNcmsaand it came to passH1961
HCHVqw3mswhen I looked,H7200
HTrisin the provinceH4082
HRHNpAnd in the visionH2377
Then I lifted upH5375
HNcbdaand the two hornsH7161
HTdHAofsaand the higherH1364
HCHTnany that could deliverH5337
HVhrmsaout of his hand.H3027
HRHNcbscHSp3msBut he didH6213
HCHVqq3msaccording to his willH7522
HRHNcmscHSp3msand became great.H1431
And as IH589
HTdHNcbsaand did notH369
HRdHNcbsaAnd the he-goatH6842
And he cameH935
HTrI had seenH7200
HRHSp3msin the furyH2534
HRHNcfscof his power.H3581
And I sawH7200
HVqp3mshe was moved with angerH4843
HNcbdcHSp3msAnd there wasH1961
HNcmsain the ramH352
HRHSp3msBut he threw him downH7993
HCHVhw3msHSp3msto the groundH776
HNcbsaHSdand stamped upon him.H7429
HRdHNcmsaout of his hand.H3027
Then the he-goatH6842
HVhp3msAnd when he was strong,H6105
HVNp3fsAnd in its placeH8478
HRHSp3fsthere came upH5927
HAcfsahorns toward the fourH702
HNcbpcof the heavens.H8064
And out ofH4480
HNcbsawhich became veryH3499
And it became great,H1431
HTdHNcmpaAnd it cast downH5307
HTdHNcmpato the ground,H776
HNcbsaHSdand trampled upon them.H7429
Yea, he magnifiedH1431
HNcmscof the host,H6635
HTdHNcbsaand the dailyH8548
HTdHNcmsasacrificewas taken awayH7311
HVHp3msby him, and the placeH4349
HNcmscof His sanctuaryH4720
HNcmscHSp3mswas cast down.H7993
And the hostH6635
HVNi3fsto ittogether withH5921
HTdHNcmsasacrificebecause of transgression,H6588
HRHNcmsaand it cast downH7993
HNcfsato the ground.H776
HNcbsaHSdAnd it practicedH6213
Then I heardH8085
HTdHVprmsato that certainH6422
HRdHPfone who spoke,H559
HTishall the visionH2377
HTdHNcmsalast, concerning the dailyH8548
HTdHNcmsasacrificeand the transgressionH6588
HCHTdHNcmsathat causes desolation,H8074
HVqcboth the sanctuaryH6944
HCHNcmsaand the hostH6635
HCHNcbsato be trampled under foot?"H4823
And he saidH559
HNcmsaThen the sanctuaryH6944
HNcmsashall be cleansed."H6663
And it came to passH1961
HPp1cseven I, Daniel,H1840
HNcfsait, then, behold,H2009
HRHRHSp1csone having the appearanceH4758
HRHNcmscof a man.H1397
And I heardH8085
HNcmscbetween the banksH120
HNpmake this one understandH995
So he cameH935
HRwhere I stood.H5975
HNcmscHSp1csAnd when he came,H935
HCHRHVqcHSp3msI was terrifiedH1204
HNcbpcHSp1csBut he saidH559
HTdHNcmsaisfor the timeH6256
HRHNcbscof the end."H7093
Now as he was speakingH1696
HRHSp1csI fell into a deep sleep,H7290
HNcbpcHSp1cstoward the ground.H776
HNcbsaHSdBut he touchedH5060
HRHSp1csand set meH5975
And he said,H559
HTmHSp1csI will make you knowH3045
HVqi3msin the latter timeH319
HRHNcfscof the indignation,H2195
HCit belongs to the appointed timeH4150
HRHNcmscof the end.H7093
And the shaggyH8163
HNpAnd the greatH1419
HNcbdcHSp3msis the firstH7223
Now that being broken,H7665
HCHVqw3fpin its place;H8478
HNcfpashall stand upH5975
HVqi3fpout of the nation,H1471
HCHTnwith its power.H3581
And in the latter timeH319
HCHRHNcfscof their kingdom,H4438
HNcfscHSp3mpwhen the transgressorsH6586
HTdHVqrmpahave come to the full,H8552
HNcfpashall stand up.H5975
And his powerH3581
HNcmscHSp3msshall be mighty,H6105
HCHTnby his own power.H3581
HRHNcmscHSp3msAnd he shall destroyH7843
HCHVNrfpaand shall prosperH6743
HCHVqq3msdo his own will, and destroyH7843
HAampaand the holyH6918
And also throughH5921
HNcmscHSp3mshe shall cause craftH4820
HCHVhq3msin his hand.H3027
HRHNcbscHSp3msAnd he shall magnifyH1431
HVhi3mshimself in his heart,H3824
HCHRHNcmscHSp3msand in time of securityH7962
HAampaHe also shall stand upH5975
HNcmpaBut he shall be brokenH7665
HCHRHNcmsca human hand.H3027
And the visionH4758
HCHNcmscof the eveningH6153
HTdHNcmsaand the morningH1242
HCHPp2msshall shut upH5640
HCit belongs to manyH7227
HVNp1csand was sickH2470
HNcmpaAfterward I rose upH6965
HNcfscAnd I was astoundedH8074
HTdHNcmsabut did notH369
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved