1. In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon, Daniel had a dream and visions of his head upon his bed. Then he wrote the dream and told the sum of the matters.
2. Daniel spoke and said, “In my vision by night I was looking, and behold, the four winds of the heavens were stirring up the Great Sea.
3. And four great beasts came up from the sea, different from one another.
4. The first was like a lion and had eagle’s wings. I watched until its wings were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth and made to stand on its feet like a man. And a man’s heart was given to it.
5. And behold another beast, a second, like a bear. And it raised itself up on one side, and it had three ribs in its mouth between its teeth. And this was said to it: ‘Arise, eat up much flesh.’
6. After this I saw, and lo, another beast, like a leopard, which had four wings of a bird on its back. The beast also had four heads and dominion was given to it.
7. After this I looked in the night visions, and behold, a fourth beast, frightening and terrifying, and exceedingly strong. And it had great iron teeth; it devoured and broke in pieces, and stamped the rest with its feet. And it was different from all the beasts before it; and it had ten horns.
8. As I was considering the horns, behold, there came up among them another horn, a little one, before whom three of the first horns were plucked up by the roots. And behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.
9. I watched until thrones were set in place, and the Ancient of Days sat, Whose raiment was white as snow, and the hair of His head like pure wool. His throne was like flames of fire, and its wheels like burning fire.
10. A stream of fire issued and came out from before Him. A thousand thousands ministered unto Him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him. The court sat and the books were opened.
11. Then I was looking because of the voice of the boastful words which the horn spoke. I watched until the beast was slain, and his body was destroyed and given to the burning flame.
12. And as for the rest of the beasts, their dominion was taken away. Yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.
13. I saw visions in the night and, behold, One like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of Days, and they brought Him near before Him.
14. And dominion and glory was given to Him, and a kingdom, that all people, nations and languages should serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion which shall not pass away, and His kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.
15. I, Daniel, was distressed in my spirit in the midst of my body, and the visions of my head alarmed me.
16. And I came near to one of those who stood by and asked him the truth concerning all this. So he told me and made me know the interpretation of the things.
17. ‘These great beasts, which are four, are four kings that shall arise out of the earth.
18. But the saints of the Most High shall receive the kingdom and possess the kingdom forever, even forever and ever.’
19. Then I desired to know the truth concerning the fourth beast which was different from all the others, exceedingly dreadful, whose teeth were of iron and his nails of brass; who devoured, broke in pieces, and stamped the rest with his feet;
20. And of the ten horns that were on his head, and of the other horn which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth speaking very boastful things, whose appearance was greater than his fellows.
21. I watched, and that same horn made war with the saints and overcame them,
22. Until the Ancient of Days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the Most High. And the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.
23. Thus he said, ‘The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be different from all the other kingdoms and shall devour the whole earth, and shall trample it and break it in pieces.
24. And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise. And another shall arise after them. And he shall be different from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.
25. And he shall speak words against the Most High, and shall wear out the saints of the Most High, and think to change the set times and the laws. And they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and one-half time.
26. But the judgment shall sit, and his dominion shall be taken away to be consumed and to be destroyed unto the end.
27. And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the Most High, Whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom. And all kingdoms shall serve and obey Him.’
28. Here is the end of the matter. As for me, Daniel, my thoughts troubled me greatly, and my countenance changed. But I kept the matter in my heart.”
In the firstH2298
ACANcmpcof his headH7217
ANcmscof the matters.H4406
ACAVqrmsa"In my visionH2376
ANcfpcof the heavensH8065
ANcmpdATdwere stirring upH1519
AAafsdATdwas like a lionH744
ARANcmsaand had eagle'sH5403
AVQp3mpand it was lifted upH5191
ANcfsdATdand made to standH6966
ANcfdalike a man.H606
ARANcmsaAnd a man'sH606
ARANcmsaAnd it raised itself upH6966
ACARANcmsaand it had threeH8532
ANcfpain its mouthH6433
AAafsabeast, like a leopard,H5245
ARANcfsdATdalso had fourH703
AVqrmsain the nightH3916
AVqrfsaand broke in pieces,H1855
ACANcmsdATdwith its feet.H7271
ANcfsdATdit; and itHl
As I wasH1934
ACATmthere came upH5559
ANcfsaa little one,H2192
ANcfpdATdwere plucked upH6132
ARthe roots. And behold,H431
ANcfpalike the eyesH5870
ANcmsdATdand a mouthH6433
ANcmpawere set in place,H7412
AVQp3mpand the AncientH6268
ARANcmsaand the hairH8177
ACANcmscof His headH7217
ANcbsaand its wheelsH1535
AVqrmsaand came outH5312
AAcmpaministered unto Him,H8120
AVpi3mpASp3msand ten thousandH7240
ACAAcfsctimes ten thousandH7240
AVqp3msand the booksH5609
ARADI was lookingH1934
ARof the voiceH7032
ANcmscof the boastfulH7260
AVQp3fsand his bodyH1655
ACAVQp3fsto the burningH3346
And as for the restH7606
ACANcmscof the beasts,H2423
ANcmscASp3mpwas taken away.H5709
AVhp3mpYet their livesH2417
ARANcmpcin the nightH3916
ACATmOne like the SonH1247
ANcmpdATdand they brought Him nearH7127
ACARASp3msand a kingdom,H4437
AVqi3msand His kingdomH4437
AVip3fsin my spiritH7308
ANcfscASp1csin the midstH1459
ARANcmscof my body,H5085
ANcmsaand the visionsH2376
ACANcmpcof my headH7217
And I came nearH7127
ARthose who stood byH6966
APdxmsSo he toldH560
ARASp1csand made me knowH3046
ACANcmscof the things.H4406
But the saintsH6922
AAampcof the Most HighH5946
AVqp1csto know the truthH3321
ARall the others,H3605
ANcmsaand his nailsH2953
AVqrfsabroke in pieces,H1855
ARANcfpcASp3fswith his feet;H7606
ATrwere on his head,H7217
ARANcmscASp3fsand of the otherH317
ACAVqp3fpeven of that hornH7162
ARASp3fsand a mouthH6433
AVprmsavery boastful things,H7260
AVQp3msto the saintsH6922
ARAAampcof the Most High.H5946
AAamsaAnd the timeH2166
AVqp3msthat the saintsH6922
ATrshall be differentH8133
ANcmscthe other kingdomsH4437
ANcfpdATdand shall devourH399
ANcfsdATdand shall trample itH1759
ACAVqi3fsASp3fsand break it in pieces.H1855
And the tenH6236
ANcmpathat shall arise.H6966
ACAPp3msshall be differentH8133
AAampdATdand he shall subdueH8214
And he shall speakH4449
ARANcmscthe Most High,H5943
AAamsdATdand shall wear outH1080
ACARAAampcof the Most High,H5946
ARAVhcthe set timesH2166
ANcmpaand the laws.H1882
ACANcfsaAnd they shall be givenH3052
ACAVui3mpinto his handH3028
But the judgmentH1780
AVqi3msand his dominionH7985
ACANcmscASp3msshall be taken awayH5709
AVhi3mpto be consumedH8046
ARAVhcand to be destroyedH7
And the kingdomH4437
ACANcmsdATdand the greatnessH7238
ANcmpdATdshall be givenH3052
AVQp3fsto the peopleH5972
ARANcmscof the saintsH6922
AAampcof the Most High,H5946
ANcfsdATdAs for me,H576
AAamsaand my countenanceH2122
ARASp1csBut I keptH5202
ACANcfsdATdin my heart."H3821
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved