1. In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon, Daniel had a dream and visions of his head upon his bed. Then he wrote the dream and told the sum of the matters.
2. Daniel spoke and said, “In my vision by night I was looking, and behold, the four winds of the heavens were stirring up the Great Sea.
3. And four great beasts came up from the sea, different from one another.
4. The first was like a lion and had eagle’s wings. I watched until its wings were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth and made to stand on its feet like a man. And a man’s heart was given to it.
5. And behold another beast, a second, like a bear. And it raised itself up on one side, and it had three ribs in its mouth between its teeth. And this was said to it: ‘Arise, eat up much flesh.’
6. After this I saw, and lo, another beast, like a leopard, which had four wings of a bird on its back. The beast also had four heads and dominion was given to it.
7. After this I looked in the night visions, and behold, a fourth beast, frightening and terrifying, and exceedingly strong. And it had great iron teeth; it devoured and broke in pieces, and stamped the rest with its feet. And it was different from all the beasts before it; and it had ten horns.
8. As I was considering the horns, behold, there came up among them another horn, a little one, before whom three of the first horns were plucked up by the roots. And behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.
9. I watched until thrones were set in place, and the Ancient of Days sat, Whose raiment was white as snow, and the hair of His head like pure wool. His throne was like flames of fire, and its wheels like burning fire.
10. A stream of fire issued and came out from before Him. A thousand thousands ministered unto Him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him. The court sat and the books were opened.
11. Then I was looking because of the voice of the boastful words which the horn spoke. I watched until the beast was slain, and his body was destroyed and given to the burning flame.
12. And as for the rest of the beasts, their dominion was taken away. Yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.
13. I saw visions in the night and, behold, One like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of Days, and they brought Him near before Him.
14. And dominion and glory was given to Him, and a kingdom, that all people, nations and languages should serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion which shall not pass away, and His kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.
15. I, Daniel, was distressed in my spirit in the midst of my body, and the visions of my head alarmed me.
16. And I came near to one of those who stood by and asked him the truth concerning all this. So he told me and made me know the interpretation of the things.
17. ‘These great beasts, which are four, are four kings that shall arise out of the earth.
18. But the saints of the Most High shall receive the kingdom and possess the kingdom forever, even forever and ever.’
19. Then I desired to know the truth concerning the fourth beast which was different from all the others, exceedingly dreadful, whose teeth were of iron and his nails of brass; who devoured, broke in pieces, and stamped the rest with his feet;
20. And of the ten horns that were on his head, and of the other horn which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth speaking very boastful things, whose appearance was greater than his fellows.
21. I watched, and that same horn made war with the saints and overcame them,
22. Until the Ancient of Days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the Most High. And the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.
23. Thus he said, ‘The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be different from all the other kingdoms and shall devour the whole earth, and shall trample it and break it in pieces.
24. And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise. And another shall arise after them. And he shall be different from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.
25. And he shall speak words against the Most High, and shall wear out the saints of the Most High, and think to change the set times and the laws. And they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and one-half time.
26. But the judgment shall sit, and his dominion shall be taken away to be consumed and to be destroyed unto the end.
27. And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the Most High, Whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom. And all kingdoms shall serve and obey Him.’
28. Here is the end of the matter. As for me, Daniel, my thoughts troubled me greatly, and my countenance changed. But I kept the matter in my heart.”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved