2. And the sign or the wonder which he foretold to you comes to pass, saying, ‘Let us go after other gods, which you have not known, and let us serve them,’
3. You shall not hearken to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams, for the LORD your God is testing you to know whether you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
4. You shall walk after the LORD your God and fear Him, and keep His commandments, and obey His voice, and you shall serve Him and hold fast to Him.
5. And that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death because he has spoken to turn you against the LORD your God, Who brought you out of the land of Egypt and redeemed you out of the house of slaves, to thrust you out of the way in which the LORD your God commanded you to walk. So you shall put the evil away from the midst of you.
6. If your brother, the son of your mother, or your son, or your daughter, or the wife of your bosom, or your friend who is like your own soul, lures you secretly, saying, ‘Let us go and serve other gods’—which you have not known, you nor your fathers,
7. That is, of the gods of the people who are around you, near you or far off from you, from the one end of the earth even to the other end of the earth—
8. You shall not consent to him nor hearken to him. Nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare, nor shall you conceal him.
9. But you shall surely kill him. Your hand shall be first on him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.
10. And you shall stone him with stones so that he dies because he has sought to drive you away from the LORD your God Who brought you out of the land of Egypt from the house of bondage.
11. And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this among you.
12. If, in one of your cities which the LORD your God has given you to dwell in, you shall hear one saying,
13. ‘Certain men, the sons of worthlessness,have gone out from among you and have drawn away those who live in their city, saying, “Let us go and serve other gods” ‘—which you have not known—
14. Then you shall inquire and make search and ask diligently. And behold, if it is true, and the thing is certain, that such an abomination is done among you,
15. You shall surely strike down those who live in that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it completely, and all that is in it, and all the livestock of it, with the edge of the sword.
16. And you shall gather all its spoil into the middle of its street, and shall burn the city with fire, and all its spoil, every bit of it, as a whole burnt offering to the LORD your God. And it shall be a heap forever. It shall not be built again.
17. And let nothing of the cursed thing cling to your hand so that the LORD may turn from the fierceness of His anger and show you mercy, and have compassion upon you, and multiply you as He has sworn to your fathers,
18. When you hearken to the voice of the LORD your God,to keep all His commandments which I command you today,to do that which is right in the eyes of the LORD your God.”
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved