1. “The priests, the Levites, all the tribe of Levi, shall have no part nor inheritance with Israel. They shall eat the offerings of the LORD made by fire, and his rightful dues.
2. Therefore they shall have no inheritance among their brethren. The LORD is their inheritance as He has said to them.
3. And this shall be the priest’s due from the people, from those that offer a sacrifice, whether ox or sheep. And they shall give to the priest the shoulder and the two cheeks, and the maw.
4. You shall give him the firstfruit of your grain, of your wine, and of your oil, and the first of the fleece of your sheep,
5. For the LORD your God has chosen him out of all your tribes to stand to minister in the name of the LORD, him and his sons forever.
6. And if a Levite comes from any of your gates out of all Israel, where he lived, and comes with all the desire of his heart to the place which the LORD shall choose,
7. Then he shall minister in the name of the LORD his God, as all his brethren the Levites who do stand there before the LORD.
8. They shall have the same portions to eat, besides monetary offerings received from his patrimony.
10. There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that uses divination, or an observer of times, or a fortuneteller, or a witch,
11. Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or one who seeks oracles from the dead.
12. For all that do these things are an abomination to the LORD. And because of these abominations, the LORD your God drives them out from before you.
13. You shall be blameless before the LORD your God.
14. For these nations whom you shall possess hearkened to observers of times and to diviners; but as for you, the LORD your God has not allowed you to do so.
16. According to all that you desired of the LORD your God in Horeb in the day of the assembly, saying, ‘Let me not hear again the voice of the LORD my God, neither let me see this great fire any more, so that I do not die.’
20. But the prophet who shall presume to speak a word in My name which I have not commanded him to speak or who shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.’
21. And if you say in your heart, ‘How shall we know the word which the LORD has not spoken?’
22. When a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the thing does not follow nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You shall not be afraid of him.”
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved