1. “And we turned and went up the way to Bashan. And Og the king of Bashan came out against us, he and all his people, to battle at Edrei.
2. And the LORD said to me, ‘Do not fear him, for I will deliver him and all his people, and his land, into your hand. And you shall do to him as you did to Sihon king of the Amorites who lived at Heshbon.’
3. So the LORD our God delivered Og into our hands also, the king of Bashan, and all his people. And we struck him until none was left remaining to him.
4. And we took all his cities at that time. There was not a city which we did not take from them, sixty cities, all the region of Argob, the kingdom of Og in Bashan.
5. All these cities were fortified with high walls, gates, and bars; besides a good many unwalled towns.
6. And we completely destroyed them as we did to Sihon king of Heshbon, completely destroying the men, women and children of every city.
7. But we took the livestock and the spoil of the cities as plunder for ourselves.
8. And we took at that time out of the hand of the two kings of the Amorites the land on this side of the Jordan, from the river of Arnon to Mount Hermon,
9. (The Hermon which the Sidonians call Sirion, and the Amorites call it Senir).
10. All the cities of the plain, and all Gilead, and all Bashan, and Salcah and Edrei, cities of the kingdom of Og in Bashan were taken.
11. For only Og king of Bashan remained of the rest of the giants. Behold, his bedstead was a bedstead of iron. Is it not in Rabbath of the children of Ammon? Nine cubits was its length, and four cubits its width, according to the cubit of a man.
12. And this is the land which we possessed at that time, from Aroer by the river Arnon, and half of Mount Gilead, and its cities; I gave it to the men of Reuben and of Gad.
13. And the rest of Gilead, and all Bashan, the kingdom of Og, I gave to the half tribe of Manasseh, all the region of Argob, with all Bashan, which was called the land of giants.
14. Jair the son of Manasseh took all the country of Argob, as far as the border of the Geshurites and the Maachathites. And he called them after his own name, Bashan (Towns of Jair) to this day.
15. And I gave Gilead to Machir.
16. And to the Reubenites and to the Gadites I gave from Gilead even to the river Arnon, half the valley, and the border even to the river Jabbok, the border of the children of Ammon,
17. The plain also, and Jordan, and its border, from Chinnereth even to the sea of the plain, the Salt Sea, under The Slopes of Pisgah eastward.
18. And I commanded you at that time saying, ‘The LORD your God has given you this land to possess it. You shall pass over armed before your brethren the children of Israel, all the sons of might.
19. But your wives and your little ones, and your livestock, (I know that you have much livestock), shall stay in your cities which I have given you,
20. Until the LORD has given rest to your brethren, as well as to you, and they also possess the land which the LORD your God has given them beyond Jordan. And then you shall each one return to his possessions which I have given you.’
21. And I commanded Joshua at that time saying, ‘Your eyes have seen all that the LORD your God has done to these two kings. So the LORD shall do to all the kingdoms where you pass.
22. You shall not fear them, for the LORD your God shall fight for you.’
23. And I pleaded with the LORD at that time saying,
24. ‘O, LORD God, You have begun to show Your servant Your greatness, and Your mighty hand. For what god is there in heaven or in earth who can do according to Your works and according to Your might?
25. I pray you, let me go over and see the good land beyond Jordan, this good hillcountry and Lebanon.’
26. But the LORD was angry with me because of you and would not hear me. And the LORD said to me, ‘Let it be enough for you. Speak no more to Me of this matter.
27. Go up into the top of Pisgah and lift up your eyes westward and northward and southward and eastward, and behold it with your eyes. For you shall not go over this Jordan.
28. But charge Joshua, and encourage him, and strengthen him. For he shall go over before this people, and he shall cause them to inherit the land which you shall see.’
29. So we stayed in the valley over against Beth Peor
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved