1. “And now, O Israel, hearken to the statutes and to the judgments which I teach you, in order to do them, so that you may live and go in and possess the land which the LORD God of your fathers gives to you.
2. You shall not add to the word which I command you; neither shall you take away from it, so that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.
3. Your eyes have seen what the LORD did because of Baal Peor. For the LORD your God has destroyed from among you all the men that followed Baal Peor.
4. And you who held fast to the LORD your God are alive, every one of you, this day.
6. And you shall keep and do them, for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes and say, ‘Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.’
7. For what nation is so great whose God is so near to them, as the LORD our God is, whenever we call upon Him?
8. And what great nation has statutes and judgments that are so righteous as all this law which I set before you today?
9. Only take heed to yourself and diligently keep yourself, lest you forget the things which your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life. But teach them to your children, and your children’s children,
10. To remember the day that you stood before the LORD your God in Horeb, when the LORD said to me, ‘Gather the people to Me, and I will make them hear My words so that they may learn to fear Me all the days that they shall live upon the earth, and they may teach their children.’
11. And you came near and stood at the bottom of the mountain. And the mountain burned with fire up to the midst of heaven, with darkness, clouds, and thick darkness.
12. And the LORD spoke to you out of the midst of the fire. You heard the voice of the words, but saw no likeness, only a voice.
13. And He declared to you His covenant which He commanded you to perform, even the ten commandments. And He wrote them on two tablets of stone.
14. And the LORD commanded me at that time to teach you statutes and judgments so that you might do them in the land where you go over to possess it.
15. Therefore, take good heed to yourselves, for you did not see any form at all on the day the LORD spoke to you in Horeb out of the midst of the fire,
16. Lest you act corruptly and make for yourselves a graven image, the likeness of any figure, the likeness of male or female, or
17. The likeness of any beast on the earth, the likeness of any winged fowl that flies in the air, or
18. The likeness of anything that creeps on the ground, the likeness of any fish in the waters beneath the earth;
19. And take heed, lest you lift up your eyes to the heavens—when you see the sun, and the moon, and the stars, all the host of heaven—lest you should be driven to worship them and serve them, which the LORD your God has divided for signs and seasons At creation God created them to rule over the day and night— not for the nations to worship.unto all nations under all the heavens.
20. But the LORD has taken you and brought you out from the iron furnace, out of Egypt, to be to Him a people of His own possession, as you are today.
21. And the LORD was angry with me for your sakes, and swore that I should not go over Jordan, and that I should not go into that good land which the LORD your God gives you for an inheritance.
22. But I must die in this land; I must not go over Jordan. But you shall go over and possess that good land.
23. Take heed to yourselves, lest you forget the covenant of the LORD your God, which He made with you, and make you a graven image, a likeness of anything which the LORD your God has forbidden you,
24. For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, a jealouszealousGod.
25. When you shall beget children and grandchildren, and when you shall have remained long in the land and have dealt corruptly by making a graven image, the likeness of anything, and shall do evil in the sight of the LORD your God to provoke Him to anger,
26. I call heaven and earth to witness against you this day that you shall soon utterly perish from off the land which you are crossing over Jordan to possess. You shall not prolong your days upon it, but shall utterly be destroyed.
27. And the LORD shall scatter you among the nations, and you shall be left few in number among the nations where the LORD shall drive you.
28. And there you shall serve gods, the work of men’s hands, wood and stone, which neither see nor hear nor eat nor smell.
29. But if you shall seek the LORD your God from there, you shall find Him, if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul.
30. When you are in trouble and when all these things have come upon you in the latter days, then you shall return to the LORD your God and shall be obedient to His voice,
31. For the LORD your God is a merciful God. He will not forsake you, nor destroy you, nor forget the covenant of your fathers which He swore to them;
32. For ask now of the days past which were before you, since the day that God created man upon the earth, and from the one end of the heavens to the other end of the heavens, where there has been any thing as great as this, or has been heard any thing like it.
33. Did any people ever hear the voice of God speaking out of the midst of the fire as you have heard and live?
34. Or has any god attempted to go and take a nation for himself from the midst of another nation by trials, by signs, and by wonders, and by war, and by a mighty hand, and by an outstretched arm, and by great awe-inspiring terrors, according to all that the LORD your God did for you in Egypt before your eyes?
35. It was shown to you so that you might know that the LORD is God, and there is none other beside Him.
36. He made you hear His voice out of heaven so that He might teach you. And He showed you His great fire upon the earth. And you heard His words out of the midst of the fire.
38. In order to drive out from before you nations greater and mightier than you, to bring you in, to give you their land for an inheritance, as it is this day.
40. Therefore, you shall keep His statutes and His commandments which I command you this day, so that it may go well with you and with your children after you, and so that you may prolong your days upon the earth which the LORD your God gives you forever.”
41. Then Moses separated three cities on this side of Jordan toward the rising of the sun,
42. So that the slayer might flee there, he who may accidentally kill his neighbor through error and who did not hate him in times past, and he who flees to one of these cities might live.
43. They were Bezer in the wilderness, in the plain country, of the Reubenites; and Ramoth in Gilead of the Gadites; and Golan in Bashan, for the Manassites.
44. And this is the law which Moses set before the children of Israel.
45. These are the testimonies and the statutes and the judgments which Moses spoke to the children of Israel after they came forth out of Egypt,
46. Beyond Jordan, in the valley over against Beth Peor, in the land of Sihon king of the Amorites, who lived at Heshbon, whom Moses and the children of Israel killed after they had come forth out of Egypt.
47. And they possessed his land, and the land of Og king of Bashan, two kings of the Amorites, who were on this side of the Jordan toward the rising of the sun,
48. From Aroer on the edge of the river Arnon, even to Mount Zion, which is Hermon,
49. And all the plain on this side of the Jordan eastward, even to the sea of the plain, under the Slopes of Pisgah.
HToHSp2mpin order to doH6213
HRHVqcthem, so thatH4616
HRyou may liveH2421
HVqi2mpand go inH935
HNcmpcof your fathersH1
You shall notH3808
HCHTnshall you take awayH1639
HRHSp1cpit, so that you may keepH8104
HNcfpcof the LORDH3068
HVqp3msbecause of Baal Peor.H1187
HVhp3msHSp3msfrom among youH7130
HVqv2msI have taughtH3925
HVpp3msHSp1csso that you should doH6213
And you shall keepH8104
HPp3fsis your wisdomH2451
HNcfscHSp2mpand your understandingH998
HCHNcfscHSp2mpin the sightH5869
HRHNcbdcof the nations,H5971
HNcmsais so greatH1419
HRHSp3msas the LORDH3068
HCHNcmpathat are so righteousH6662
HVqi3mpfrom your heartH3824
HNcmpcof your life.H2416
HNcmpcHSp2msBut teach themH3045
HCHVhq2msHSp3mpto your children,H1121
HRHNcmpcHSp2msand your children'sH1121
To remember the dayH3117
HRHNpwhen the LORDH3068
HRHSp1csand I will make them hearH8085
HTrthey may learnH3925
HCHTothey may teachH3925
And you came nearH7126
HCHVqw2mpHSnat the bottomH8478
HRof the mountain.H2022
HTdHNcmsaAnd the mountainH2022
HNcmsaand thick darkness.H2822
And the LORDH3068
HRHSp2mpout of the midstH8432
HRHNcmscof the fire.H784
HNcmscof the words,H1697
And He declaredH5046
HRHVqceven the tenH6235
HTdHNcmpaAnd He wrote themH3789
HCHNcmpaso that you might doH6213
HToHSp3mpin the landH776
Therefore, take goodH3966
HCyou did notH3808
HNcfsaat all on the dayH3117
HRHNpout of the midstH8432
HRHNcmscof the fire,H784
HCyou act corruptlyH7843
HRHSp2mpa graven image,H6459
HTron the earth,H776
HVqi3fsin the air,H8064
HVqrmsaon the ground,H127
HCHCtake heed, lest you liftH5375
HVqi2msup your eyesH5869
HNcbdcHSp2msto the heavens—H8064
HTdHNcmpaHSdwhen you seeH7200
HTdHNcmpalest you should be drivenH5080
HRHSp3mpand serve them,H5647
HToHSp3mpfor signs and seasonsunto allH3605
But the LORDH3068
HToHSp2mpout from the ironH1270
HRHNcmscout of Egypt,H4714
HRHNcmscof His own possession,H5159
HNcfsaas you are today.H3117
And the LORDH3068
HCHVNw3msthat I should notH1115
HTdHNpand that I should notH1115
HRdHNcbsaI must notH369
HNcfscof the LORDH3068
HRHSp2mpa graven image,H6459
HNcmpcHSp2mshas forbidden you,H6680
HCyou shall begetH3205
HNcmpaand when you shall have remained longH3462
HCHVNq2mpin the landH776
HRdHNcbsaand have dealt corruptlyH7843
HCHVqq2mpa graven image,H6459
HNcmsaand shall doH6213
HTdHAamsain the sightH5869
HRHNcbdcof the LORDH3068
HNcmpcHSp2msto provoke Him to anger,H3707
HTdHNcbsato witness against youHb
HCyou shall soonH4118
HRHRoff the landH776
HPp2mpare crossing overH5674
HRHVqcHSp3fsYou shall notH3808
And the LORDH3068
HToHSp2mpamong the nations,H5971
HRdHNcmpaand you shall be leftH7604
HNcmsaamong the nationsH1471
HDyou shall serveH5647
But if you shall seekH1245
HRHDyou shall findH4672
HCyou seek HimH1875
HNcmscHSp2msand with allH3605
HRHSp2msare in troubleH6862
HRdHAamsaand when allH3605
HTdHNcmpahave come upon youH4672
HCHVqq3cpHSp2msin the latterH319
HTdHNcmpathen you shall returnH7725
HNcmpcHSp2msand shall be obedientH8085
HCHVqq2msto His voice,H6963
HNcmsaHe will notH3808
HNcfscof your fathersH1
HTeof the daysH3117
HTdHNcbsaand from the one endH7097
HCHRHRHNcbscof the heavensH8064
HCHRthe other endH7097
HNcbscof the heavens,H8064
HTdHNcmpawhere there has beenH1961
HChas been heardH8085
HTiHVNp3msany thing like it.H3644
Did any peopleH5971
HVprmsaof the midstH8432
HRHNcmscof the fireH784
HChas any godH430
HRHSp3msfrom the midstH7130
HRHNcmscof another nationH1471
HRHNcbpaand by wonders,H4159
HCHRHNcmpaand by war,H4421
HCHRHNcfsaand by a mightyH2389
HCHRHNcbsaand by an outstretchedH5186
HCHRHNcbsaand by greatH1419
HCHRHNcmpaaccording to allH3605
HRHNpbefore your eyes?H5869
He made you hearH8085
HTdHNcmpaso that He might teachH3256
HRHVpcHSp2msyou. And He showed youH7200
HTdHNcbsaAnd you heardH8085
HCHNcmpcHSp3msout of the midstH8432
HRHNcmscof the fire.H784
HNcmpcHSp2mstherefore He choseH977
HRHSp3msand brought you outH3318
HCHVhw3msHSp2msin His sightH6440
HRHNcbpcHSp3mswith His greatH1419
HRHNcmscHSp3msout of Egypt,H4714
In order to drive outH3423
HCHAampathan you, to bring youH935
HRHVhcHSp2msin, to giveH5414
HNcbscHSp3mpfor an inheritance,H5159
HNcfsaas it is thisH2088
HRHRThere is noneH369
Therefore, you shall keepH8104
HTrit may go wellH3190
HRHSp2msand with your childrenH1121
HRHSp2msand so thatH4616
HCHRyou may prolongH748
HDHSdhe who may accidentally killH7523
HNcmsaand he who fleesH5127
HToThey were BezerH1221
HNpin the wilderness,H4057
HRdHNcmsain the plainH4334
HRHNcbscof the Reubenites;H7206
HRdHNpof the Gadites;H1425
HRdHNpfor the Manassites.H4520
HTdHNcfpaand the statutesH2706
HCHTdHNcmpaand the judgmentsH4941
HNpafter they came forth outH3318
HTdHNpin the valleyH1516
HNpin the landH776
HNcmscof the Amorites,H567
HNpand the childrenH1121
HVhp3msafter they had come forthH3318
HRHVqcHSp3mpout of Egypt.H4714
And they possessedH3423
HNcmpcof the Amorites,H567
HTrwere on this sideH5676
HRHNcmscof the JordanH3383
HTdHNptoward the risingH4217
HNcmscof the sun,H8121
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved