2. The LORD our God made a covenant with us in Horeb.
3. The LORD did not make this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, all of us here, alive today.
4. The LORD talked with you face to face in the mountain out of the midst of the fire;
7. You shall have no other gods before Me.
8. You shall not make a graven image for yourself of any likeness of anything that is in the heavens above, or on the earth beneath, or in the waters beneath the earth.
9. You shall not bow yourself down to them, nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generation of those who hate Me,
10. But showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love Me and keep My commandments.
11. You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not hold the one guiltless who takes His name in vain.
12. Keep the Sabbath day to sanctify it as the LORD your God has commanded you.
13. Six days you shall labor and do all your work.
14. But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall not do any work, you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your ox, nor your donkey, nor any of your livestock, nor your stranger within your gates, so that your manservant and your maidservant may rest as well as you.
15. And remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the LORD your God brought you out from there with a mighty hand and with an outstretched arm. Therefore the LORD your God commanded you to keep the Sabbath day.
16. Honor your father and your mother as the LORD your God has commanded you, so that your days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with you in the land which the LORD your God gives you.
17. You shall not murder.
18. And you shall not commit adultery.
19. And you shall not steal.
20. And you shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
21. And you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor shall you covet your neighbor’s house, his field, or his manservant, or his maidservant, his ox, or his donkey, or any thing that is your neighbor’s.’
22. The LORD spoke these words to all your assembly in the mountain out of the midst of the fire of the cloud and of the thick darkness with a great voice. And He added no more.The phrase “added no more” means: God ceased to speak directly to the people. However, He continued speaking to Moses, giving him additional commandments, statutes and judgments. And He wrote them on two tablets of stone and delivered them to me.
23. And it came to pass when you heard the voice out of the midst of the darkness, for the mountain burned with fire, you came near me, all the heads of your tribes and your elders,
24. And you said, ‘Behold, the LORD our God has revealed His glory and His greatness, and we have heard His voice out of the midst of the fire. We have seen today that God talks with man yet he still lives.
25. Now therefore why should we die? For this great fire will consume us. If we hear the voice of the LORD our God any more, then we shall die.
26. For who of all flesh has heard the voice of the living God speaking out of the midst of the fire, as we have, and lived?
27. You go near and hear all that the LORD our God shall say. And you speak to us all that the LORD our God shall speak to you, and we will hear it, and do it.’
28. And the LORD heard the voice of your words when you spoke to me. And the LORD said to me, ‘I have heard the voice of the words of this people, which they have spoken to you. They have well said all that they have spoken.
30. Go say to them, “Go into your tents again.”
31. But as for you, you stand here by Me, and I will speak to you all the commandments and the statutes and the judgments which you shall teach them, that they may do them in the land which I am giving them, to possess it.’
33. You shall walk in all the ways which the LORD your God has commanded you so that you may live and that it may be well with you, and you may prolong your days in the land which you shall possess.”
HVqrmsain your earsH241
HTdHNcmsaso that you may learnH3925
HCHVqq2mpand do them.H6213
HPdxcpall of usH3605
HNcmscof the LORD,H3068
HCyou were afraidH3372
HTdHNcbsaand did notH3808
HVqp2mpinto the mountain,)H2022
You shall notH3808
HVqi2msa graven imageH6459
HTris in the heavensH8064
HCHTron the earthH776
HCHTrin the watersH4325
You shall notH3808
HTnbow yourself downH7812
HNcbscof the fathersH1
HNcmpagenerationof those who hate Me,H8130
You shall notH3808
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
HTnhold the one guiltlessH5352
But the seventhH7637
HNcbsaof the LORDH3068
HNcmpcHSp2msIn ityou shall notH3808
HPp2msnor your son,H1121
HCHNcmscHSp2msnor your daughter,H1323
HCHNcfscHSp2msnor your manservant,H5650
HCHNcmscHSp2msnor your maidservant,H519
HCHNcfscHSp2msnor your ox,H7794
HCHNcmscHSp2msnor your donkey,H2543
HCHNcmscof your livestock,H929
HNcfscHSp2msnor your strangerH1616
HNcmscHSp2msand your maidservantH519
HVqi3msas well as you.H3644
HNcmsain the landH776
HNpand the LORDH3068
HNcmpcHSp2msbrought you outH3318
HRHDwith a mightyH2389
HRHNcbsaand with an outstretchedH5186
HNcmpcHSp2mshas commanded you,H6680
HNcmpcHSp2msmay be prolonged,H748
HCHRit may go wellH3190
And you shall notH3808
HCHTnshall you covetH183
HNcmscHSp3msor his manservant,H5650
HCHNcmscHSp3msor his maidservant,H519
HNcmscHSp3msor his donkey,H2543
HTris your neighbor's.'H7453
HNcmscHSp2mpin the mountainH2022
HRdHNcmsaout of the midstH8432
HRHNcmscof the fireH784
HTdHNcbsaof the cloudH6051
HTdHNcmsaand of the thick darknessH6205
HCHTdHNcmsawith a greatH1419
HNcmsaAnd He addedH3254
HCHTnAnd He wrote themH3789
HNcfpaand delivered themH5414
And it came to passH1961
HCHVqw3mswhen you heardH8085
HTdHNcmsaout of the midstH8432
HRHNcmscof the darkness,H2822
HTdHNcmsafor the mountainH2022
HRdHNcbsayou came nearH7126
HNcmpcof your tribesH7626
HNcmpcHSp2mpand your elders,H2205
And you said,H559
HCHTowe have heardH8085
HNcmscHSp3msout of the midstH8432
HRHNcmscof the fire.H784
HTdHNcbsaWe have seenH7200
HTdHNcmsayet he still lives.H2425
HRHTishould we die?H4191
HTdHNcbsawill consume us.H398
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
HDthen we shall die.H4191
HNcmscof the livingH2416
HVprmsaout of the midstH8432
HRHNcmscof the fire,H784
HRHSp1cphave, and lived?H2421
HRHSp2msand we will hearH8085
HCHVqq1cpit, and doH6213
And the LORDH3068
HNcmscof your wordsH1697
HNcmpcHSp2mpwhen you spokeH1696
HRHSp1csAnd the LORDH3068
HRHSp1cs'I have heardH8085
HNcmscof the wordsH1697
HTrthey have spokenH1696
HRHSp2msThey have wellH3190
HTrthey have spoken.H1696
HTithat there wereH1961
HVqi3msthat they would fearH3372
HRit might be wellH3190
HRHSp3mpand with their childrenH1121
But as for you,H859
HRHSp1csand I will speakH1696
HTdHNcfsaand the statutesH2706
HCHTdHNcmpaand the judgmentsH4941
HTryou shall teach them,H3925
HVpi2msHSp3mpthat they may doH6213
HCHVqq3cpthemin the landH776
HRHSp3mpto possess it.'H3423
And you shall be carefulH8104
HToHSp2mpYou shall notH3808
HVqi2mpto the right handH3225
HNcfsaor to the left.H8040
You shall walkH3212
HRyou may liveH2421
HVqi2mpHSnand that it may be wellH2895
HRHSp2mpand you may prolongH748
HNcmpain the landH776
HTryou shall possess."H3423
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved