1. “Give ear, O heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.
2. My teachings shall drop as the rain; my speech shall drop down as the dew, as the small rain on the tender plant, and as the showers on the grass
3. Because I will proclaim the name of the LORD, and ascribe greatness to our God.
5. They have corrupted themselves: they are not His children; it is their blemish; they are a crooked and perverse generation.
6. Is this the way you pay back to the LORD, O foolish and unwise people? Is He not your Father Who bought you? Has He not made you and established you?
7. Remember the days of old; consider the years of many generations. Ask your father, and he will show you; your elders, and they will tell you.
8. When the Most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when He separated the sons of Adam, He set the bounds of the people according to the number of the children of Israel,
9. For the LORD’S portion is His people. Jacob is the lot of His inheritance.
10. He found him in a desert land, and in the waste of a howling wilderness. He led him about, He cared for him, He kept him as the apple of His eye.
11. As an eagle stirs up her nest, flutters over her young, spreads abroad her wings, takes them and bears them on her wings,
12. The LORD alone led him, and there was no strange god with him.
13. He made him ride on the high places of the earth so that he might eat the increase of the fields. And He made him suck honey out of the rock, and oil out of the flinty rock,
14. Butter from cows, and milk from sheep, with fat of lambs, and rams of the sons of Bashan, and goats, with the finest wheat. And you drank wine, the blood of the grape.
15. But Jeshurun grew fat and kicked. You grew fat, thick, and satisfied. Then he forsook God Who made him and lightly esteemed the Rock of his salvation.
16. They provoked Him to jealousy with strange gods; with abominations they provoked Him to anger.
17. They sacrificed to demons, not to God: to gods whom they knew not, to new ones newly come up, whom your fathers did not fear.
18. You forgot the Rock Who brought you forth and have forgotten the God Who formed you.
19. And the LORD saw and despised them because of the provoking of His sons and of His daughters.
20. And He said, ‘I will hide My face from them; I will see what their end shall be, for they are a very perverse generation, children in whom is no faithfulness.
21. They have moved Me to jealousy with that which is not God. They have provoked Me to anger with their vanities. And I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people. I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation,
22. For a fire is kindled in My anger, and shall burn to the grave beneath, and shall consume the earth with its increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains.
23. I will heap up evils upon them. I will spend My arrows on them.
24. Exhaustion by famine, and consumption by burning heat, and bitter destruction, and the teeth of beasts I will send on them, with the poison of serpents of the dust.
25. The sword outside, and the terror inside, shall destroy both the young man and the virgin, the suckling also with the man of grey hairs.
26. I said I would dash them to pieces; I would make the memory of them to cease from among men
27. Had not I feared the provocation by an enemy lest their adversaries should misconstrue; lest they should say, “Our hand is high and the LORD has not done all this.” ’
28. For they are a nation without wisdom; neither is there any understanding in them.
29. If they were wise, they would understand this; they would consider their latter end!
30. How shall one chase a thousand, and two put ten thousand to flight, unless their Rock had sold them and the LORD had shut them up?
31. For their rock is not as our Rock, even our enemies themselves being judges.
32. For their vine is of the vine of Sodom and of the fields of Gomorrah. Their grapes are grapes of gall. Their clusters are bitter.
33. Their wine is the poison of serpents and the cruel venom of asps.
34. ‘Is not this laid up in store with Me and sealed up among My treasures?
35. Vengeance and retribution belong to Me. Their foot shall slide in time, for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come on them make haste.’
36. For the LORD shall judge His people; and He shall have compassion on His servants, for He sees that their power is gone, and only their imprisoned and abandoned remain.
37. And He shall say, ‘Where are their gods, their rock in whom they trusted?
38. Who ate the fat of their sacrifices and drank the wine of their drink offerings? Let them rise up and help you; let it be your hiding place.
39. See now that I, even I am He, and there is no god besides Me. I kill, and I make alive; I wound and I heal. Neither is there any that can deliver out of My hand,
40. For I lift up My hand to heaven and say, “I live forever!
41. If I sharpen My glittering sword, and if My hand takes hold in judgment, I will give vengeance to My enemies and will reward those that hate Me.
42. I will make My arrows drunk with blood, and My sword shall devour flesh, with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the hairy scalp of the enemy.” ’
43. Rejoice, O, nations, with His people; for He will avenge the blood of His servants,and will render vengeance to His foes and will be merciful to His land, to His people.”
44. And Moses came and spoke all the words of this song in the ears of the people, he and Joshua the son of Nun.
45. And Moses made an end of speaking all these words to all Israel.
46. And he said to them, “Set your hearts to all the words which I testify among you today, which you shall command your children to observe and to do, all the words of this law.
47. For it is no vain thing for you because it is your life. And by this word you shall prolong your days in the land where you go over Jordan, there to possess it.”
48. And the LORD spoke to Moses that same day, saying,
49. “Go up into the mountains of Abarim, to Mount Nebo in the land of Moab, which is opposite Jericho; and behold the land of Canaan which I am giving to the children of Israel for a possession.
50. And die on the mountain where you ascend, and be gathered to your people, as Aaron your brother died in Mount Hor and was gathered to his people,
51. Because you sinned against Me among the children of Israel at the Waters of Strife in Kadesh, in the wilderness of Zin, because you did not sanctify Me in the midst of the children of Israel,
52. Yet you shall see the land before you, but you shall not go there to the land which I am giving to the children of Israel.”
HVqi3msas the rain;H4306
HNcfscHSp1csshall drop downH5140
HVqi3fsas the dew,H2919
HRdHNcmsaas the small rainH8164
HRthe tender plant,H1877
HNcmsaand as the showersH7241
He isthe Rock;H6697
They have corruptedH7843
HNcmpcHSp3msit istheir blemish;H3971
HPdxfsthe way you pay backH1580
HVqi2mpto the LORD,H3068
HNcmscHSp2msWho bought you?H7069
HVqp3msHSp2msand established you?H3559
HNcmscHSp2msand he will show you;H5046
HAampcHSp2msand they will tellH559
When the Most HighH5945
HAamsadivided to the nationsH1471
HRHVhcwhen He separatedH6504
HNcfpcof the peopleH5971
HNcmpaaccording to the numberH4557
HRHNcmscof the childrenH1121
He found himH4672
HVqi3msHSp3msin a desertH4057
HRHNcbscand in the wasteH8414
HCHRHNcmsaof a howlingH3214
HNcmsaHe led him about,H5437
HVmi3msHSp3msHe cared for him,H995
HVoi3msHSp3msHe kept himH5341
HVqi3msHSp3msas the appleH380
HRHNcmscof His eye.H5869
As an eagleH5404
HVqi3msHSp3msand bears themH5375
He made him rideH7392
HRthe high placesH1116
HNcfpcof the earthH776
HNcbsaso that he might eatH398
HNcfpcof the fields.H7704
HNcmsaAnd He made him suckH3243
HNcmsaout of the rock,H5553
HCHNcmsaout of the flintyH2496
HCHNcmpaof the sonsH1121
HNcfsaAnd you drankH8354
HCHNcmscof the grape.H6025
HCHVqw3msYou grew fat,H8080
HVqp2msThen he forsookH5203
HNcmsaWho made himH6213
HVqp3msHSp3msand lightly esteemedH5034
HNcmscof his salvation.H3444
HNcmpawhom they knewH3045
HVqp3cpwhom your fathersH1
And He said,H559
HCHVqw3ms'I will hideH5641
HRHSp3mpI will seeH7200
HNcfscHSp3mpshall be, forH3588
HPp3mparea very perverseH8419
HPp3mphave moved Me to jealousyH7065
HVpp3cpHSp1cswith that which is notH3808
HNcmsaThey have provoked Me to angerH3707
HVpp3cpHSp1cswith their vanities.H1892
HCHPp1cswill move them to jealousyH7065
HVhi1csHSp3mpwith those which are notH3808
HNcmsaI will provoke them to angerH3707
HVhi1csHSp3mpwith a foolishH5036
HVqp3fsin My anger,H639
HRHNcmscHSp1csand shall burnH3344
HAafsaand shall consumeH398
HNcbsawith its increase,H2981
HCHNcmscHSp3fsand set on fireH3857
HNcbpcof the mountains.H2022
HCHVqsmpcby burning heat,H7565
HCHNcmsaand the teethH8127
HNcfpaI will sendH7971
HVqrmpcof the dust.H6083
HRHNcmsaand the terrorH367
HTathe young manH970
HNcmscof grey hairs.H7872
HNcmscby an enemyH341
HCthey should say,H559
HVqp3fsand the LORDH3068
HCHAcmdaput ten thousandH7233
HNcmscHSp3mphad sold themH4376
HVqp3msHSp3mpand the LORDH3068
HCHNphad shut them up?H5462
HNcbscHSp3mpisof the vineH1612
HNpand of the fieldsH7709
HNcmscof their calamityH343
HAamsaand the things that shall comeH6264
HNcmscHSp3msand He shall have compassionH5162
HNcmscof their sacrificesH2077
HNcmscof their drink offerings?H5257
HNcmscHSp3mpLet them rise upH6965
HVqi3mpand help you;H5826
HCHVqi3mpHSp2mplet it beH1961
HPp3msand there is noH369
HVhi1csand I make alive;H2421
HCHTnis there any that can deliverH5337
HVhrmsaout of My hand,H3027
HNcfscHSp1csand if My handH3027
HRHNcmsaI will giveH7725
HNcmsato My enemiesH6862
HRHNcmpcHSp1csand will rewardH7999
HVpi1csthose that hate Me.H8130
I will make My arrowsH2671
HRHNcmsaand My swordH2719
HNcmsawith the bloodH1818
HRHNcmscof the slainH2491
HAamsaand of the captives,H7633
HCHNcbsafrom the hairy scalpH7218
HRHNcmscof the enemy."’H341
HCHe will avengeH5358
HNcmscof His servants,H5650
HNcmpcHSp3msand will renderH7725
HCHNcmsato His foesH6862
HRHNcmpcHSp3msand will be mercifulH3722
HCHVpq3msto His land,H127
HNcfscHSp3msto His people."H5971
HTdHNcbsain the earsH241
HRHNcfdcof the people,H5971
And he saidH559
HTryou shall commandH6680
HRHVqcand to do,H6213
HPp3msis your life.H2416
HNcmpcHSp2mpAnd by thisH2088
HCHRdHNcmsayou shall prolongH748
HDHSdto possess it."H3423
HVqrmsato the childrenH1121
HNpfor a possession.H272
HCHVqv2mson the mountainH2022
HVqrmsaand be gatheredH622
HRHNpand was gatheredH622
HNpat the WatersH4325
HNpin the wilderneH4057
HTryou did notH3808
HToHSp1csin the midstH8432
HRHNcmscof the childrenH1121
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved