1. And Moses went and spoke these words to all Israel.
2. And he said to them, “I am a hundred twenty years old today. I can no more go out and come in. Also the LORD has said to me, ‘You shall not go over this Jordan.’
3. The LORD your God will cross over before you. He will destroy these nations from before you, and you shall possess them, and Joshua will cross over before you as the LORD has said.
4. And the LORD shall do to them as He did to Sihon and to Og, kings of the Amorites, and to the land of those whom He destroyed.
5. And the LORD shall give them up before your face, so that you may do to them according to all the commandments which I have commanded you.
6. Be strong and of a good courage. Do not fear nor be afraid of them, for the LORD your God is He Who goes with you. He will not fail you nor forsake you.”
7. And Moses called to Joshua and said to him in the sight of all Israel, “Be strong and of a good courage, for you must go with this people into the land which the LORD has sworn to their fathers to give it to them, and you shall cause them to inherit it.
8. And the LORD is He Who goes before you. He will be with you; He will not fail you nor forsake you. Do not fear; nor be dismayed.”
10. And Moses commanded them, saying, “At the end of seven years, at the set time of the year of release, in the Feast of Tabernacles,
11. When all Israel has come to appear before the LORD your God in the place which He shall choose, you shall read this law before all Israel in their hearing.
12. Gather the people, men and women and the little ones, and your stranger who is within your gates so that they may hear and that they may learn and fear the LORD your God, and be careful to do all the words of this law,
13. And that their children who have not known may hear and learn to fear the LORD your God, as long as you live in the land where you go over Jordan to possess it.”
14. And the LORD said to Moses, “Behold, your days are coming near to die. Call Joshua and present yourselves in the tabernacle of the congregation that I may command him.” And Moses and Joshua went. And they presented themselves in the tabernacle of the congregation.
15. And the LORD appeared in the tabernacle in a pillar of a cloud. And the pillar of the cloud stood over the door of the tabernacle.
16. And the LORD said to Moses, “Behold, you shall sleep with your fathers. And this people shall rise up and go lusting after the gods of the strangers of the land into which they are going,into their midst. And they will forsake Me and break My covenant which I made with them.
17. Then My anger shall be kindled against them in that day, and I will forsake them. And I will hide My face from them, and they shall be devoured, and many evils and troubles shall befall them so that they will say in that day, ‘Have not these evils come on us because our God is not among us?’
18. And I will surely hide My face in that day for all the evils which they have done, for they shall turn to other gods.
20. For when I shall have brought them into the land which I swore to their fathers, the land that flows with milk and honey, and they shall have eaten and have filled themselves, and become fat, then they will turn to other gods and serve them, and provoke Me and break My covenant.
21. And it shall be when many evils and troubles they are confronted with, that this song shall testify against them as a witness; for it shall not be forgotten out of the mouths of their seed, for I know their imagination which they do, even now, before I have brought them into the land which I swore.”
22. And Moses wrote this song the same day and taught it to the children of Israel.
23. And He commanded Joshua the son of Nun and said, “Be strong and of a good courage, for you shall bring the children of Israel into the land which I swore to them, and I will be with you.”
25. Then Moses commanded the Levites who carried the ark of the covenant of the LORD, saying,
26. “Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, so that it may be there for a witness against you,
28. Gather to me all the elders of your tribes, and your officers, so that I may speak these words in their ears, and call heaven and earth to record against them,
29. For I know that after my death you will become utterly corrupt, and turn aside from the way which I have commanded you. And evil will befall you in the latter days because you will do evil in the sight of the LORD to provoke Him to anger through the work of your hands.”
30. And Moses spoke in the ears of all the congregation of Israel the words of this song until they were finished.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved