1. “Hear, O Israel! You are to pass over Jordan today to go in to expel nations greater and mightier than you, cities great and fenced up to heaven,
2. A people great and tall, the sons of the giants, whom you know and have heard it said, ‘Who can stand before the sons of Anak!’
3. Therefore, understand this day that the LORD your God is He Who goes over before you. Like a consuming fire, He shall destroy them, and He shall bring them down before your face. So you shall drive them out and destroy them quickly as the LORD has said to you.
4. Do not speak in your heart after the LORD your God has cast them out from before you, saying, ‘For my righteousness, the LORD has brought me in to possess this land’; but for the wickedness of these nations, the LORD your God drives them out from before you.
5. Not for your righteousness, or for the uprightness of your heart, do you go to possess their land, but for the wickedness of these nations, the LORD your God drives them out from before you, so that He may perform the word which the LORD swore to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
6. Therefore, understand that the LORD your God does not give you this good land, to possess it for your righteousness, for you are a stiff-necked people.
7. Remember, and do not forget, how you provoked the LORD your God to wrath in the wilderness. From the day you departed out of the land of Egypt, until you came to this place, you have been rebellious against the LORD.
8. Also in Horeb you provoked the LORD to wrath so that the LORD was angry with you that He would have destroyed you.
9. When I had gone up into the mountain to receive the tablets of stone, the tablets of the covenant which the LORD made with you, then I stayed in the mountain forty days and forty nights. I neither ate bread nor drank water.
10. And the LORD delivered to me two tablets of stone written with the finger of God, and on them was written according to all the words which the LORD spoke with you in the mountain out of the midst of the fire in the day of the assembly.
11. And it came to pass, at the end of forty days and forty nights, the LORD gave me the two tablets of stone, the tablets of the covenant.
12. And the LORD said to me, ‘Arise! Get down quickly from here, for your people whom you have brought forth out of Egypt have corrupted themselves. They have quickly turned aside out of the way which I commanded them. They have made them a molten image.’
13. Furthermore the LORD spoke to me saying, ‘I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiff-necked people.
14. Let Me alone so that I may destroy them and blot out their name from under the heavens. And I will make of you a nation mightier and greater than they.’
15. So I turned and came down from the mountain, and the mountain burned with fire. And the two tablets of the covenant were in my two hands.
16. And I looked, and behold, you had sinned against the LORD your God, and had made you a molten calf! You had turned aside quickly out of the way which the LORD had commanded you.
17. And I took the two tablets and threw them out of my hands and broke them before your eyes.
18. And again I prostrated myself before the LORD, as at the first, forty days and forty nights. I neither ate bread nor drank water because of all your sins which you sinned in doing wickedly in the sight of the LORD to provoke Him to anger.
19. For I was afraid of the anger and fury with which the LORD was angry against you to destroy you. But the LORD hearkened to me at that time also.
20. And the LORD was very angry with Aaron to have destroyed him. And I prayed for Aaron also at the same time.
21. And I took your sin, the calf which you had made, and burned it with fire, and stamped it, grinding it very small, until it was as fine as dust. And I threw the dust of it into the brook that descended out of the mountain.
22. And at Taberah, and at Massah, and at the Graves of Lust, you provoked the LORD to anger.
23. And when the LORD sent you from Kadesh Barnea, saying, ‘Go up and possess the land which I have given you,’then you rebelled against the commandment of the LORD your God, and you did not believe Him, nor hearkened to His voice.
24. You have been rebellious against the LORD from the day that I knew you.
25. So again I lay prostrate before the LORD forty days and forty nights, as I had lay prostrate at the first because the LORD said He would destroy you.
26. I prayed therefore to the LORD and said, ‘O, Lord GOD, do not destroy Your people and Your inheritance which You have redeemed through Your greatness, which You have brought forth out of Egypt with a mighty hand.
27. Remember Your servants, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Do not look to the stubbornness of this people, nor to their wickedness, nor to their sin,
28. Lest the people of the land from where You brought us out say, “Because the LORD was not able to bring them into the land which He promised them, and because He hated them, He has brought them out to kill them in the wilderness.”
29. Yet they are Your people and Your inheritance which You brought out by Your mighty power and by Your outstretched arm.’ ”
HPp2msareto pass overH5674
HTdHNcmsato go inH935
HAafpaand fenced upH1219
HNcmpcof the giants,H6062
HVqp2msit said, 'WhoH4310
HPp3msWho goes overH5674
HPp3msshall destroy them,H8045
HCHPp3msshall bring them downH3665
HVhi3msHSp3mpbefore your face.H6440
HRHNcbpcHSp2msSo you shall drive them outH3423
HCHVhq2msHSp3mpand destroy themH6
HVqj2msin your heartH3824
HRHNcmscHSp2msafter the LORDH3068
HNcmpcHSp2mshas cast them outH1920
HToHSp3mpfrom before you,H6440
HRHVqc'For my righteousness,H6666
HNphas brought me inH935
HTdHNcbsabut for the wickednessH7564
HNpyour God drives them outH3423
HVhrmscHSp3mpfrom before you.H6440
HTnfor your righteousness,H6666
HRHNcfscHSp2msor for the uprightnessH3476
HCHRHNcmscof your heart,H3824
HCfor the wickednessH7564
HNcmpcHSp2msdrives them outH3423
HVhrmscHSp3mpfrom before you,H6440
HCHRHe may performH6965
HVNp3msto your fathers,H1
HTdHNcbsato possess itH3423
HToyou provoked the LORDH3068
HVhp2msin the wilderness.H4057
HTryou departed outH3318
HVqp2msof the landH776
HTdHNcmsayou have beenH1961
Also in HorebH2722
HNpto wrath so that the LORDH3068
HRHSp2mpthat He would have destroyedH8045
When I had gone upH5927
HRHVqcHSp1csinto the mountainH2022
HNcmpcof the covenantH1285
HRHSp2mpthen I stayedH3427
HCHVqw1csin the mountainH2022
And the LORDH3068
HVqsmpawith the fingerH676
HNcmpaand on themH5921
HCHRHSp3mpwas writtenaccording to allH3605
HRHSp2mpin the mountainH2022
HRdHNcmsaout of the midstH8432
HRHNcmscof the fireH784
HTdHNcbsain the dayH3117
HRHNcmscof the assembly.H6951
And it came to pass,H1961
HCHVqw3msat the endH7093
HNcmpcof the covenant.H1285
And the LORDH3068
HTryou have brought forthH3318
HVhp2msout of EgyptH4714
HVpp3msthemselves. They have quicklyH4118
HTrI commanded them.H6680
HVpp1csHSp3mpThey have madeH6213
HRHSp3mpa molten image.'H4541
Furthermore the LORDH3068
HRHVqc'I have seenH7200
HPp3msis a stiff-neckedH6203
Let Me aloneH7503
HRHSp1csso that I may destroy themH8045
HCHVhh1csHSp3mpand blot outH4229
HTdHNcmpaAnd I will makeH6213
So I turnedH6437
HCHVqw1csand came downH3381
HTdHNcmsaand the mountainH2022
HRdHNcbsaAnd the twoH8147
HNcmpcof the covenantH1285
And I looked,H7200
HCHTmyou had sinnedH2398
HVqp2mpagainst the LORDH3068
HNcmpcHSp2mpand had madeH6213
HNcmscYou had turned asideH5493
And I tookH8610
HTdHNcmpaand threw themH7993
HNcbdcHSp1csand broke themH7665
HCHVpw1csHSp3mpbefore your eyes.H5869
And again I prostratedH5307
HNpas at the first,H7223
HTdHAamsain the sightH5869
HRHNcbdcof the LORDH3068
HNpto provoke Him to anger.H3707
HCI was afraidH3025
HToHSp2mpBut the LORDH3068
And the LORDH3068
HCHRHNpto have destroyed him.H8045
HRHVhcHSp3msAnd I prayedH6419
HTaat the sameH1931
HTryou had made,H6213
HRit was asH834
HRHNcmsaAnd I threwH7993
HTothe dust of itH6083
And when the LORDH3068
HToHSp2mpfrom Kadesh Barnea,H6947
HTrI have givenH5414
HRHSp2mpthen you rebelledH4784
HToagainst the commandmentH6310
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
HNcmpcHSp2mpand you did notH3808
HVqp2mpto His voice.H6963
So again I lay prostrateH5307
HTrI had lay prostrateH5307
HVtp1csat the first becauseH3588
HVqp3msHe would destroyH8045
HNcmscHSp2msand Your inheritanceH5159
HTrYou have redeemedH6299
HVqp2msthrough Your greatness,H1433
HTrYou have brought forthH3318
HVhp2msout of EgyptH4714
HRHNpwith a mightyH2389
HCthe people of the landH776
HTrYou brought us outH3318
HVqi3mp"Because the LORDH3068
HVqcto bring themH935
HRHSp3mpand because He hatedH8135
HToHSp3mpHe has brought them outH3318
HVhp3msHSp3mpto kill themH4191
HRHVhcHSp3mpin the wilderness."H4057
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved