1. Who is as the wise? And who knows the interpretation of a matter? A man’s wisdom makes his face to shine, and the boldness of his face shall be changed.
2. I counsel you, “Keep the king’s word, and that in regard of the oath of God.
3. Do not be hasty to leave his presence. Do not take a stand in an evil thing, for he does whatever pleases him.”
4. Because the word of a king is that which has power, who may say to him, “What are you doing?”
5. Whoever keeps the commandment shall feel no evil thing; and a wise man’s heart discerns both time and judgment.
6. Because to every purpose there is time and judgment, therefore the misery of man is great.
7. For he does not know what shall be; for who can tell him when it shall be?
8. There is no man who has power over the wind to restrain the wind; nor power over the day of death; and there is no discharge from war; nor shall wickedness deliver those who are given to it.
9. All this I have seen, and I gave my heart to every work that is done under the sun. There is a time in which one man rules over another to his own hurt.
10. And so I saw the wicked buried, who had come and gone from the holy place. And they were forgotten in the city where they had so done. This is also vanity.
11. Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.
12. Though a sinner does evil a hundred times, and his days are prolonged, yet surely I know that it shall be well with those who fear God, who fear before Him.
13. But it shall not be well with the wicked, nor shall he prolong his days, which are as a shadow; because he does not fear before God.
14. There is a vanity which is done upon the earth: There are just men to whom it happens according to the work of the wicked; again, there are wicked ones to whom it happens according to the work of the righteous. I said that this also is vanity.
15. Then I commended pleasure, because a man has no better thing under the sun than to eat and to drink and to be merry; for that shall go with him in his labor through the days of his life which God gives him under the sun.
16. When I applied my heart to know wisdom, and to see the business that is done upon the earth, for neither day nor night do men give sleep to their eyes,
17. Then I looked at all the work of God, that a man cannot find out the work that is done under the sun; because though a man labors to seek it out, yet he shall not find it. Yea, further, though a wise man thinks to know it, yet he shall not be able to find it.
HTiisas the wise?H2450
HNcmscof a matter?H1697
HNcfscmakes his faceH6440
HVhi3fsand the boldnessH5797
HCHNcmscof his faceH6440
HNcbpcHSp3msshall be changed.H8132
HTntake a standH5975
HVqj2msin an evilH7451
HNcmsaand a wise man'sH2450
HNcmsawho has powerH7989
HAamsaover the windH7307
HNcmsaover the dayH3117
HTdHNcmsaand there is noH369
HTothose who are given to it.H1167
HPdxmsI have seen,H7200
HVqp1csand I gaveH5414
HTdHNcbsaThere isa timeH6256
HVqsmpawho had comeH935
HVpi3mpfrom the holyH6918
HCHRHNcmscAnd they were forgottenH7911
HCHVti3mpin the cityH5892
HTrthey had soH3651
HNcmscagainst an evilH7451
HNcmscof the sonsH1121
HTdHNcmsais fully setH4390
HAamsaa hundred times,H3967
HTrit shall beH1961
HAamsawith those who fearH3372
But it shall notH3808
HCHAamsawith the wicked,H7563
HCHTnshall he prolongH748
HNcmpawhich are as a shadow;H6738
HTrhe does notH369
HAampamen to whomH413
HVhrmsaaccording to the workH4639
HRHNcmscof the wicked;H7563
HTdHAampaagain, there areH3426
HAampaones to whomH413
HTrHVhrmsaaccording to the workH4639
HRHNcmscof the righteous.H6662
HRHVqcand to drinkH8354
HCHRHVqcand to be merry;H8055
HCHPp3msshall go with himH3867
HVqi3msHSp3msin his laborH5999
HRHNcbscHSp3msthrough the daysH3117
HNcmpcof his lifeH2416
HNcfsaand to seeH7200
HCHRdHNcmsado men giveH7200
HNcfsato their eyes,H5869
Then I lookedH7200
HVqi3msto seek it out,H1245
HRHVpcyet he shall notH3808
HRHVqcit, yet he shall notH3808
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved