1. For all this I took to heart, even to make all this clear, that the righteous and the wise and their works are in the hand of God. No man knows either love or hatred by all that is before them.
2. All things come alike to all; there is one event that happens to the righteous and to the wicked; to the good and to the clean, and to the unclean; to him who sacrifices, and to him who does not sacrifice. As is the good, so is the sinner. He who swears is as he who fears an oath.
3. This is an evil among all things that are done under the sun, that there is one event that happens to all. Yea, also the heart of the sons of men is full of evil, and madness is in their heart while they live, and after that they go to the dead.
4. For whoever is among the living, there is hope; for a living dog is better than a dead lion.
5. For the living know that they shall die; but the dead do not know anything, nor do they have any more a reward; for their memory is forgotten.
6. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is long ago perished; nor do they any longer have a portion forever in all that is done under the sun.
7. Go your way, eat your bread with joy, and drink your wine with a merry heart; for God now accepts your works.
8. Let your garments be always white; and let your head lack no ointment.
9. Live joyfully with the wife whom you love all the days of the life of your vanity, which He has given you under the sun, all the days of your vanity. For that is your portion in this life, and in your labor which you labor under the sun.
10. Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might; for there is no work, nor plan, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave where you go.
11. I returned and saw under the sun that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, nor yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favor to men of skill; but time and chance happens to them all.
12. For man also does not know his time; as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falls suddenly upon them.
13. This wisdom I have seen also under the sun, and it seemed great to me:
14. There was a little city, and few men in it; and a great king came against it and besieged it, and built huge bulwarks against it.
15. And a poor wise man was found in it, and he by his wisdom delivered the city; yet no man remembered that poor man.
16. And I said, “Wisdom is better than strength; but the poor man’s wisdom is despised, and his words are not heard.
17. The quiet words of the wise are more to be heeded than the shouts of a ruler among fools.
18. Wisdom is better than weapons of war; but one sinner destroys much good.”
HToeven to make allH3605
HTdHAampaand the wiseH2450
HCHTdHAampaand their worksH5652
HCHNcmpcHSp3mparein the handH3027
HTdHNcmsathat isbefore them.H6440
HNcmsathat happensto the righteousH6662
HRdHAamsaand to the wicked;H7563
HCHRdHAamsato the goodH2896
HRdHAamsaand to the clean,H2889
HCHRdHAamsaand to the unclean;H2931
HCHRdHAamsato him who sacrifices,H2076
HCHRdHVqrmsaand to him whoH834
HVqrmsaAs is the good,H2896
HRdHAamsaso is the sinner.H2398
HRdHVqrmsaHe who swearsH7650
HTdHVNrmsais as he whoH834
HPdxmsis an evilH7451
HAamsaamong all thingsH3605
HNcmsathat happensto all.H3605
HNcmscof the sonsH1121
HCHNcfpaisin their heartH3824
HRHNcmscHSp3mpwhile they live,H2416
HRHNcmpcHSp3mpand after thatH310
HVqrmpathat they shall die;H4191
HTrHVqi3mpbut the deadH4191
HRHSp3mphave any moreH5750
HNcfscHSp3mpis long agoH3528
HDhave a portionH2506
Go your way,H3212
HNcmscHSp2mswith a merryH2896
HNcmpcof the lifeH2416
HNcmpcof your vanity,H1892
HTrHe has givenH5414
HNcmpcof your vanity.H1892
HNcmscHSp2msin this life,H2416
HRdHNcmpaand in your laborH5999
HVqv2msitwith all your might;H3581
HCHNcfsain the graveH7585
HTnto the swift,H7031
HTdHNcfsato the strong,H1368
HNcbsato the wise,H2450
HNcmsato men of understanding,H995
HNcmsato men of skill;H3045
HToto them all.H3605
HNcbscHSp3msas the fishesH1709
HRdHNcmpathat are takenH270
HTrHVNsmpain an evilH7451
HRHNcfsaand as the birdsH6833
HCHRHNcbpathat are caughtH270
HTdHVqsfpain the snare;H6341
HVPsmpain an evilH7451
HRHNcbscwhen it fallsH5307
There was a littleH6996
HRHSp3fsand a greatH1419
And a poorH4542
HPp3msby his wisdomH2451
HRHNcfsabut the poor man'sH4542
HVqsfsaand his wordsH1697
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved