1. As dead flies make the perfumer’s ointment to fetid and putrid; so does a little folly to him who has a reputation for wisdom and honor.
2. A man’s heart is at his right hand; but a fool’s heart at his left.
3. Yea also, when a fool walks along the way his wisdom fails; and he says to all that he is a fool.
4. If the spirit of the ruler rises up against you, do not leave your place; for yielding pacifies great offenses.
5. There is an evil I have seen under the sun, like an error which comes from a despot’s presence;
6. When foolishness is set in great dignity, and the rich sit in a low place.
7. I have seen servants on horses and princes walking as servants on the earth.
8. He who digs a pit shall fall into it; and whoever breaks through a wall, a snake shall bite him.
9. Whoever removes stones shall be hurt with them. He who splits wood shall be endangered by it.
10. If the iron is blunt, and he does not whet the edge, then he must put more strength to it. But wisdom is profitable to direct.
11. If the snake bites before it is charmed, then the charmer has no advantage.
12. The words of a wise man’s mouth are gracious; but the lips of a fool will swallow up himself.
13. The beginning of the words of his mouth is foolishness; and the end of his talk is extreme folly.
14. A fool also makes many words; a man does not know what shall be; and what shall be after him, who can tell him?
15. The labor of fools wearies him, because he does not know how to go to the city.
16. Woe to you, O land, when your king is a child and your princes eat in the morning.
17. Blessed are you, O land, when your king is the son of nobles, and your leaders eat at the set time, for strength, and not for drunkenness!
18. By slothfulness the building decays; and through idleness of the hands the house drops.
19. A feast is made for laughter, and wine makes merry; but money answers all things.
20. Do not curse a king, no, not even in your thought; and do not curse the rich in your bedroom; for a bird of the air shall carry the voice, and that which has wings shall tell the matter.
HNcmpcmake the perfumer’sH7543
HVhi3mssodoes a littleH4592
HNcfscto him who has a reputationH3368
HCHTawhen a foolH5530
HVqrmsaalong the wayH1870
HVqp3msand he saysH559
HNcbscof the rulerH4910
HNcbpathen he must putH1396
HCHNcmpato it. But wisdomH2451
HCHTdHNcmsaalso makes manyH7235
Blessed are you,H835
HNcbsawhen your kingH4428
HNcmpaand your leadersH8269
HVqi3mpat the set time,H6256
HTaevenin your thought;H4093
HRHNcmscHSp2msand do notH408
HAamsain your bedroom;H2315
HNcmscof the airH8064
HTdHNcmsaand that which hasH1167
Copyright © 2024 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved