1. Cast your bread upon the waters; for you shall find it after many days.
2. Give a share to seven, and also to eight; for you know not what evil shall be upon the earth.
3. If the clouds are full of rain, they empty themselves upon the earth; and if the tree falls toward the south, or toward the north, in the place where the tree falls, there it shall be.
4. He who watches the wind shall not sow; and he who regards the clouds shall not reap.
5. As you do not know what is the way of the spirit, or how the bones grow in the pregnant woman’s womb; even so you do not know the works of God Who makes all.
6. In the morning sow your seed, and in the evening do not withhold your hand; for you do not know what shall be blessed, either this or that, or whether they both shall be fruitful in the same way.
7. And the light is sweet, and it is a pleasant thing for the eyes to behold the sun;
8. But if a man lives many years, and rejoices in them all; yet let him remember the days of darkness, for they shall be many. All that comes is vanity.
9. Rejoice, in your youth, O young man; and let your heart cheer you in the days of your youth, and walk in the ways of your heart, and in the sight of your eyes; but know that for all these things God will bring you into judgment.
10. Therefore remove vexation from your heart, and put away evil from your flesh; for youth and vigor are vanity.
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved