1. After these things King Ahasuerus promoted Haman the son of Hammedatha the Agagite, and advanced him, and set his seat above all the princes who were with him.
2. And all the king’s servants in the king’s gate knelt down and paid honor to Haman, for the king had so commanded concerning him. But Mordecai did not bow down nor prostrate himself before him.
3. And the king’s servants in the king’s gate said to Mordecai, “Why do you transgress the king’s command?”
4. Now it came to pass when they spoke daily to him, and he did not hearken to them, they told Haman, to see if Mordecai’s words would stand. For he had told them that he was a Jew.
5. And when Haman saw that Mordecai did not kneel down nor pay honor to him, then Haman was full of wrath.
6. But it seemed contemptible to lay hands only on Mordecai, for they had revealed to him the people of Mordecai. So Haman sought to destroy all the Jews throughout the whole kingdom of Ahasuerus—the people of Mordecai.
7. In the first month, that is, the month Nisan, in the twelfth year of King Ahasuerus, they cast Pur, that is the lot, before Haman from day to day, and from month to month, to the twelfth month, the month Adar.
8. And Haman said to King Ahasuerus, “There is a certain people scattered abroad and dispersed among the people, in all the provinces of your kingdom. And their laws are different from those of all other people, neither do they keep the king’s laws. Therefore it is not in the king’s interest to allow them to live.
9. If it please the king, let it be written that they may be destroyed. And I will pay ten thousand talents of silver into the hands of those who have charge of the business, to bring it into the king’s treasuries.”
10. And the king took his ring from his hand, and gave it to Haman the son of Hammedatha the Agagite, the Jews’ enemy.
11. And the king said to Haman, “The silver is given to you, the people also, to do with them as seems good to you.”
12. Then the king’s scribes were called on the thirteenth day of the first month, and there was written according to all that Haman had commanded to the king’s lieutenants, and to the governors who were over every province, and to the rulers of every people of every province, according to the writing of it, and to every people according to their language. It was written in the name of King Ahasuerus and sealed with the king’s ring.
13. And the letters were sent by postal riders into all the king’s provinces, to destroy, to kill, and to annihilate all Jews, both young and old, little children and women, in one day, on the thirteenth day of the twelfth month, which is the month Adar, and to plunder their goods.
14. A copy of the writing—as a command to be given in every province— was published to all people, that they should be ready for that day.
15. The posts went out, being hurried by the king’s command, and the decree was given in Shushan the palace. And the king and Haman sat down to drink, but the city of Shushan was perplexed.
HTdHNgmsaand advanced him,H5375
HNcmpcin the king'sH4428
HVqrmpaand paid honorH7812
HTdHNcmsahad so commandedH6680
HDhim. But MordecaiH4782
And the king'sH4428
HNcmpcin the king'sH4428
Now it came to passH1961
HCHVqw3mswhen they spokeH559
HRHSp3mpand he did notH3808
HChe had toldH5046
And when HamanH2001
HVqrmsanor pay honorH7812
But it seemedH5869
HCthey had revealedH5046
In the firstH7223
HNpin the twelfthH8147
HRHNcmsaand from monthH2320
HRHNcmsato the twelfthH8147
HNcfpcof your kingdom.H4438
HNcfscHSp2msAnd their lawsH1881
HVqrfpafrom those of allH3605
HTnHSp3mpdo they keepH6213
HNcfpcTherefore it is notH369
HTnin the king'sH4428
HVqrmsato allow them to live.H3240
HTdHNcmsalet it be writtenH3789
HVNi3msthat they may be destroyed.H6
HRHVpcHSp3mpAnd I will payH8254
HNcbdcof those who have chargeH6213
HVqrmpcof the business,H4399
And the kingH4428
HNcbscHSp3msand gave itH5414
And the kingH4428
HCHTdHNcmsaalso, to doH6213
Then the king'sH4428
HCHVNw3mpon the thirteenthH7969
HRHSp3msof the firstH7223
HRdHNcmsaand there was writtenH3789
HCHVNw3msaccording to allH3605
HTrwho were overH5921
HCHNcfsaaccording to the writing of it,H3791
HRHNcmscHSp3fsand to everyH5971
HCHNcmsaaccording to their language.H3956
HRHNcbscHSp3msIt was writtenH3789
HVNsmsain the nameH8034
HCHVNsmsawith the king'sH4428
And the lettersH5612
HRHVqcand to annihilateH6
HRHNcmsaon the thirteenthH7969
HAcmsadayof the twelfthH8147
HNpand to plunderH962
HNcmscof the writing—H3791
HTdHNcmsaas a commandH1881
HNcfsato be givenH5414
HTdHNcmpathat they should beH1961
HVqsmpaby the king'sH4428
HRHNcmscand the decreeH1881
HTdHNcfsaAnd the kingH4428
HRHVqcbut the cityH5892
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved