1. When Mordecai understood all that was done, Mordecai tore his clothes and put on sackcloth with ashes and went out into the middle of the city, and cried with a loud and bitter cry.
2. And he even came before the king’s gate—but none might enter into the king’s gate clothed with sackcloth.
3. And in every province, wherever the king’s command and his decree came, there was great mourning among the Jews, and fasting, and weeping and wailing. And many lay in sackcloth and ashes.
4. And Esther’s servant women and her officers came and told her. And the queen was exceedingly grieved, and she sent clothing to clothe Mordecai, and to take away his sackcloth from him. But he did not accept it.
5. And Esther called for Hathach, one of the king’s officers whom he had appointed to attend to her, and gave him a command to go to Mordecai to learn what this matter was and why it was.
6. And Hathach went out to Mordecai, to the street of the city in front of the king’s gate.
7. And Mordecai told him of all that had happened to him, and of the sum of the money which Haman had promised to pay to the king’s treasuries for the Jews in order to destroy them.
8. Also he gave him a copy of the writing of the decree which was given at Shushan to destroy them, to show it to Esther and to declare it to her, and to command her that she should go in to the king to make supplication to him, and to seek help for her people.
9. And Hathach came and told Esther the words of Mordecai.
10. Again Esther spoke to Hathach, and gave him a message for Mordecai:
11. “The king’s servants and the people of the king’s provinces know that whoever, whether man or woman, shall come to the king into the inner court, who is not called, there is one law of his: execution— except such to whom the king shall hold out the golden scepter so that he may live. But I have not been called to come in to the king these past thirty days.”
12. And they told Mordecai Esther’s words.
13. And Mordecai commanded them to answer Esther, “Do not think within yourself that you shall escape in the king’s house more than all the Jews.
14. For even if you are completely silent at this time, relief and deliverance shall arise to the Jews from another place, but you and your father’s house shall be destroyed. And who knows whether you have come to such a royal position for a time such as this?”
15. And Esther told them to return to Mordecai this answer:
16. “Go, gather together all the Jews who are present in Shushan, and fast for me, and do not eat nor drink three days, night or day. My maidservants and I will also fast in the same way. And so I will go in to the king, which is not according to the law. And if I perish, I perish.”
17. And Mordecai went his way and did according to all that Esther had commanded him.
HNcmpcHSp3msand put onH3847
HCHNcmsaand went outH3318
HCHVqw3msinto the middleH8432
HRHNcmscof the city,H5892
HCHVqw3mswith a loudH1419
And he evenH5704
And in everyH3605
HNcmscand his decreeH1881
HVhrmsathere was greatH1419
HNcmsaamong the Jews,H3064
HNcfpcand her officersH5631
HRHSp3fsAnd the queenH4436
HCHVfw3fsand she sentH7971
HNpand to take awayH5493
HRHRHSp3msBut he did notH3808
HRHNponeof the king'sH4428
HTrhe had appointedH5975
HVhp3msto attend to her,H6440
HRHNcbpcHSp3fsand gave him a commandH6680
HCHVpw3fsHSp3msto go toH5921
HTrhad happened to him,H7136
HCHToof the sumH6575
HNcfscof the moneyH3701
HNcmpcfor the JewsH3064
HRdHNgmpain order to destroy them.H6
HNcmscof the writingH3791
HNcmscof the decreeH1881
HRHNpto destroy them,H8045
HNpand to declareH5046
HCHRHVhcit to her,Hl
HRHSp3fsand to commandH6680
HRHSp3fsthat she should go inH935
HTdHNcmsato make supplicationH2603
HRHSp3msand to seekH1245
HNcmpcand the peopleH5971
HCHNcmscof the king'sH4428
HAcfsalaw of his:H1881
HTdHNcmsashall hold outH3447
HNcmscso that he may live.H2421
HVNp1csto come inH935
HRHNcbscHSp2fsthat you shall escapeH4422
HRHVNcin the king'sH4428
HNcmscmore than allH3605
HCyou are completelyH2790
HVqi3msto the JewsH3064
HCHPp2fsand your father'sH1
HCHNcmscshall be destroyed.H6
HCyou have comeH5060
HVhp2fsto sucha royal positionH4438
HRdHNcfsafor a timeH6256
HTdHNgmpawho are presentH4672
HRHSp1csand do notH408
HVqi1csin the same way.H3651
HCHRHDI will go inH935
HTnaccording to the law.H1881
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved