1. And these were the names of the sons of Israel who came into Egypt. Every man and his household came with Jacob:
2. Reuben, Simeon, Levi and Judah;
3. Issachar, Zebulun and Benjamin;
4. Dan and Naphtali, Gad and Asher.
5. And all the souls that came out of the loins of Jacob were seventy souls, for Joseph was already in Egypt.
6. And Joseph died, and all his brothers and all that generation.
7. And the children of Israel were fruitful, and increased very much and multiplied, and became exceedingly mighty. And the land was filled with them.
8. And there arose a new king over Egypt who did not know Joseph.
9. And he said to his people, “Behold, the people of the children of Israel are many and mightier than we.
10. Come, let us deal shrewdly with them, lest they multiply, and it will be when there comes a war, they join also to our enemies and fight against us, and get them out of the land.”
11. And they set taskmasters over them to afflict them with their burdens. And they built treasure cities for Pharaoh, Pithon and Raamses.
12. But the more they afflicted them, the more they multiplied and grew. And they were grieved because of the children of Israel.
13. And the Egyptians made the children of Israel serve with harshness.
14. And they made their lives bitter with hard work in mortar and in bricks, and in all kinds of work in the field. All their work in which they made them do was with harshness.
15. And the king of Egypt spoke to the Hebrew midwives, of which the name of the one was Shiphrah, and the name of the other Puah.
16. And he said, “When you midwife the Hebrew women, and look on the birth stools, if it is a son, then you shall kill him. But if it is a daughter, then she shall live.”
17. But the midwives feared God, and did not do as the king of Egypt commanded them, but saved alive the male children.
18. And the king of Egypt called for the midwives and said to them, “Why have you done this thing, and have saved the male children alive?”
19. And the midwives said to Pharaoh, “Because the Hebrew women are not like the Egyptian women; for they are lively, and are delivered before the midwives come to them.”
20. And God dealt well with the midwives. And the people multiplied and became very mighty.
21. And it came to pass because the midwives feared God, that He made them houses.
22. And Pharaoh charged all his people, saying, “Every son that is born you shall cast into the river, and every daughter you shall save alive.”
HNcmpcof the sonsH1121
HNcmsaand his householdH1004
HNcbscthat came outH3318
HVqrmpcof the loinsH3409
And the childrenH1121
HCHVqw3mpand became exceedinglyH3966
HCHVqw3mpAnd the landH776
And he saidH559
HNcmscof the childrenH1121
HVqv2msHShlet us deal shrewdlyH2449
HVqi3msand it will beH1961
HRHSp1cpand get them outH5927
And they setH7760
HVpcHSp3mswith their burdens.H5450
HRHNcfpcHSp3mpAnd they builtH1129
HVqi3msAnd they were grievedH6973
HRHNcbpcof the childrenH1121
HToAnd they made their livesH2416
HRHNcmsaand in bricks,H3843
HCHRHNcfpaand in allH3605
HNcfsain the field.H7704
HTrthey made themHb
And the kingH4428
HCHVqw3msto the HebrewH5680
HNcmscof the oneH259
HNpand the nameH8034
HCHNcmscof the otherH8145
And he said,H559
HCHVqw3ms"When you midwifeH3205
HTothe Hebrew women,H5680
HRthe birth stools,H70
HNcmsathen you shall killH4191
HNcfsathen she shall live."H2425
But the midwivesH3205
HTdHNcmpaand did notH3808
HRHSp3fpbut saved aliveH2421
HTothe male children.H3206
And the kingH4428
HCHVqw3msfor the midwivesH3205
HTihave you doneH6213
HToand have saved the male childrenH3206
And the midwivesH3205
HCthe Hebrew womenH5680
HTnlike the EgyptianH4713
HAafpaand are deliveredH3205
HTdHNcmsathat is bornH3209
HTdHAamsayou shall castH7993
HVhi2mpHSp3msinto the river,H2975
HTdHNcfsayou shall save alive."H2421
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved