1. And a man went from the house of Levi and took a daughter of Levi as his wife.
2. And the woman conceived and bore a son. And when she saw him, that he was beautiful, she hid him three months.
3. But when she could no longer hide him, she took an ark of papyrus for him, and daubed it with bitumen and with pitch, and put the child in it. And she laid it in the reeds by the river’s edge.
4. And his sister stood afar off to know what would happen to him.
5. And the daughter of Pharaoh came down to bathe at the river. And her maidens walked along by the riverside. And when she saw the ark among the reeds, she sent her slavegirl to bring it to her.
6. And she opened it, and she saw the child. And behold, a boy wept. And she had pity on him, and said, “This is one of the Hebrews’ sons.”
7. And his sister said to Pharaoh’s daughter, “Shall I go and call a woman, a nurse of the Hebrew women for you, that she may nurse the child for you?”
8. And Pharaoh’s daughter said to her, “Go.” And the girl went and called the child’s mother.
9. And Pharaoh’s daughter said to her, “Take this child away and nurse it for me and I will give you your wages.” And the woman took the child and nursed it.
10. And the child grew, and she brought him to Pharaoh’s daughter, and he became her son. And she called his name Moses. And she said, “Because I took him out of the water.”
11. And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, he went out to his brethren and looked upon their burdens. And he saw an Egyptian striking a Hebrew, one of his brethren.
12. And he looked this way and that way, and when he did not see anyone, he killed the Egyptian and hid him in the sand.
13. And when he went out the second day, behold, two men of the Hebrews strove together. And he said to the guilty one, “Why do you strike your neighbor?”
14. And he said, “Who made you a ruler and a judge over us? Do you intend to kill me as you killed the Egyptian?” And Moses feared, and said, “Surely this thing is known.”
15. And when Pharaoh heard this thing, he sought to kill Moses. But Moses had fled from the face of Pharaoh, and lived in the land of Midian. And he sat down by a well.
16. And the priest of Midian had seven daughters. And they came and drew, and filled the troughs to water their father’s flock.
17. And the shepherds came and drove them away, but Moses stood up and helped them, and watered their flock.
18. And when they came to Reuel their father, he said, “Why have you hurried to come today?”
19. And they said, “An Egyptian delivered us out of the hand of the shepherds, and also drew for us and watered the flock.”
20. And he said to his daughters, “And where is he? Why then have you left the man? Call him, that he may eat bread.”
21. And Moses was content to live with the man, and he gave Moses his daughter Zipporah.
22. And she bore a son, and he called his name Gershom, for he said, “I have been a stranger in a strange land.”
23. And it came to pass after many days the king of Egypt died. And the children of Israel sighed because of the bondage, and they cried, and their cry came up to God because of the bondage.
24. And God heard their groaning, and God remembered His covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob.
25. And God looked upon the children of Israel, and God acknowledged them.
And the womanH802
HNcmsaAnd when she sawH7200
HAamsashe hid himH6845
But when she couldH3201
HRHSp3msand daubed itH2560
HRdHNcmsaand with pitch,H2203
HRHSp3fsAnd she laidH7760
HCHVqw3fsitin the reedsH5488
And the daughterH1323
HTdHNpAnd her maidensH5291
HNcbscAnd when she sawH7200
HNcfscHSp3fsto bring itH3947
And she openedH6605
HCHVqw3fsit, and she sawH7200
HVqrmsaAnd she had pityH2550
HCHVqw3fs"This is oneH2088
HPdxmsof the Hebrews'H5680
And his sisterH269
HNcfsc"Shall I goH3212
HRthe Hebrew womenH5680
HRHSp2fsthat she may nurseH3243
HVqv2fsAnd the girlH5959
HVhv2fsand nurse itH3243
HNcmscHSp2fsAnd the womanH802
HTdHNcmsaand nursed it.H5134
And the childH3206
HCHVqw3msand she brought himH935
HRHNcfscand he becameH1961
HRHNcmsaAnd she calledH7121
HNpAnd she said,H559
HCI took him outH4871
And it came to passH1961
HCHVqw3mshe went outH3318
HCHVqw3msupon their burdens.H5450
HRHNcfpcHSp3mpAnd he sawH7200
HNcmsaone of his brethren.H251
And he lookedH6437
HDand that way,H3541
HChe did notH369
HTdHNgmsaand hid himH2934
HCHVqw3msHSp3msin the sand.H2344
And when he went outH3318
HNcmpaof the HebrewsH5680
HVNrmpatogether. And he saidH559
HCHVqw3msto the guilty one,H7563
HRHTido you strikeH5221
And he said,H559
HNcmsaand a judgeH8199
HVqrmsato kill meH2026
And when PharaohH6547
HCHVqw3msfrom the faceH6440
HCHVqw3msin the landH776
HNpAnd he sat downH3427
And the priestH3548
HNcfpaAnd they cameH935
And the shepherdsH7462
HCHVqw3mpand drove them away,H1644
HCHVqw3msand helped them,H3467
And they said,H559
HVhp3msHSp1cpout of the handH3027
HRHNcbscof the shepherds,H7462
And he saidH559
HNcfpcHSp3ms"And where is he?H346
HPdxmshave you leftH5800
HRHSp3msthat he may eatH398
And she boreH3205
HNcmsaand he calledH7121
HVqp3ms"I have beenH1961
HNcmsain a strangeH5237
And it came to passH1961
HCHVqw3msAnd the childrenH1121
HTdHNcfsaand they cried,H2199
HCHVqw3mpand their cryH7775
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved