1. And the LORD had said to Moses, “I will yet bring one plague on Pharaoh and on Egypt. Afterward, he will let you go from here. When he shall let you go, he shall surely thrust you out from here altogether.
2. Speak now in the ears of the people, and let every man ask from his neighbor, and every woman from her neighbor, articles of silver and jewels of gold.”
3. And the LORD gave the people favor in the sight of the Egyptians. And the man Moses was very great in the land of Egypt, in the sight of Pharaoh’s servants, and in the sight of the people.
4. And Moses said, “Thus says the LORD, ‘About midnight I will go out into the midst of Egypt.
5. And all the firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sits upon his throne, even to the firstborn of the slavegirl that is behind the mill; also the firstborn of beasts.
6. And there shall be a great cry throughout all the land of Egypt, such as there was none like it, nor shall be like it any more.
7. But against any of the children of Israel not even a dog shall move his tongue, against man or beast, so that you may know that the LORD puts a difference between the Egyptians and Israel.’
8. And all these, your servants, shall come down to me and bow themselves down to me, saying, ‘You and all the people that follow you—get out!’ And after that I will go out.” And he went out from Pharaoh in flaming anger.
9. And the LORD said to Moses, “Pharaoh shall not hearken to you so that My wonders may be multiplied in the land of Egypt.”
10. And Moses and Aaron did all these wonders before Pharaoh. And the LORD hardened Pharaoh’s heart so that he would not let the children of Israel go out of his land.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved