2. “This month shall be to you the beginning of months. It shall be the first month of the year to you.
4. And if the household is too little for the lamb, let him and his neighbor next to his house take according to the number of the souls, each one, according to the eating of his mouth, you shall count concerning the lamb.
5. Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year. You shall take it from the sheep or from the goats.
6. And you shall keep it up until the beginning of the fourteenth day of the same month. And the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it between the two evenings.Heb. ben ha arbayim — between sunset and dark at the beginning of the fourteenth day.
7. And they shall take of the blood and strike it on the two side posts and upon the upper doorpost of the houses in which they shall eat it.
8. And they shall eat the flesh in that night, roasted with fire, and unleavened bread. They shall eat it with bitter herbs.
9. Do not eat of it raw, nor boiled at all with water, but roasted with fire, its head with its legs, and with its inward parts.
10. And you shall not let any of it remain until the morning. And that which remains of it until the morning you shall burn with fire.
11. And this is the way you shall eat it: with your loins girded, your sandals on your feet, and your staff in your hand. And you shall eat it in trepidation. It is the LORD’S Passover,
12. For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast. And I will execute judgment against all the gods of Egypt. I am the LORD.
13. And the blood shall be a sign to you upon the houses where you are. And when I see the blood, I will pass over you. And the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you when I smite the land of Egypt.
14. And this day shall be a memorial to you. And you shall keep it a feast to the LORD throughout your generations. You shall keep it a feast as a law forever.
15. You shall eat unleavened bread seven days; even the first day you shall have put away leaven out of your houses; for whoever eats leavened bread from the first day until the seventh day, that soul shall be cut off from Israel.
16. And in the first day there shall be a holy convocation, and in the seventh day there shall be a holy convocation for you. No manner of work shall be done in them, except that which every man must eat, that only may be done by you.
17. And you shall keep the Feast of Unleavened Bread, for in this very same day I have brought your armies out of the land of Egypt. Therefore you shall keep this day in your generations as a law forever.
18. In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month at sunset, Heb. ba erev—sunset, which ends the 14th day and begins the 15th day. you shall eat unleavened bread, until the twenty-first day of the month at sunset.Heb. ba erev—sunset which ends the 21st day (ending the Feast of Unleavened Bread) and begins the 22nd day.
19. Seven days there shall be no leaven found in your houses, for whoever eats that which is leavened, even that soul shall be cut off from the congregation of Israel, whether he be a stranger, or born in the land.
20. You shall eat nothing leavened. In all your dwelling places you shall eat unleavened bread.’ ”
21. Then Moses called for all the elders of Israel and said to them, “Draw out and take a lamb for yourselves according to your families, and kill the Passover lamb.
22. And you shall take a bunch of hyssop and dip in the blood that is in the bowl, and strike the lintel and the two side posts with the blood in the bowl. And none of you shall go out of the door of his house until sunrise,
23. For the LORD will pass through to strike the Egyptians. And when He sees the blood upon the lintel, and on the two side posts, the LORD will pass over the door, and will not allow the destroyer to come into your houses to strike you.
24. And you shall observe this thing as a law to you and to your children forever.
25. And it shall be when you have come to the land which the LORD will give you, according as He has promised that you shall keep this service.
26. And it will be, when your children shall say to you, ‘What does this service mean to you?’
27. Then you shall say, ‘It is the sacrifice of the LORD’S Passover, Who passed over the houses of the children of Israel in Egypt, when He struck the Egyptians and delivered our houses.’ ” And the people bowed their heads and worshiped.
28. And the children of Israel went away and did as the LORD had commanded Moses and Aaron; so they did.
29. And it came to pass at midnight the LORD struck all the firstborn in the land of Egypt from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne, to the firstborn of the captive that was in the prison, also all the firstborn of livestock.
30. And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he and all his servants, and all the Egyptians. And there was a great cry in Egypt, for there was not a house where there was not one dead.
31. And during the night he sent word to Moses and Aaron saying, “Rise up! Get away from my people, both you and the children of Israel! And go serve the LORD, as you have said.
32. Also take your flocks and your herds, as you have said, and be gone. And bless me also.”
33. And the Egyptians were urging the people, that they might send them out of the land quickly, for they said, “We are all dead men.”
34. And the people took their dough before it was leavened, their kneading troughs being bound up in their clothes upon their shoulders.
35. And the children of Israel did according to the word of Moses. And they asked for articles of silver, and articles of gold, and clothing from the Egyptians.
36. And the LORD gave the people favor in the sight of the Egyptians, and they granted their request, and they stripped the Egyptians.
37. And the children of Israel journeyed from Rameses to Succoth, the men being about six hundred thousand on foot, apart from little ones.
38. And also a mixed multitude went up with them, and flocks and herds, very much livestock.
39. And they baked unleavened cakes of the dough which they brought out of Egypt, for it was not leavened, because they were driven out of Egypt and could not stay, neither had they prepared any food for themselves for the journey.
40. Now the sojourning of the children of Israel in Egypt was four hundred and thirty years,
41. And it came to pass at the end of the four hundred and thirty years, it was even on that very same day, all the armies of the LORD went out from the land of Egypt.
42. It is a night to be much observed to the LORD for bringing them out from the land of Egypt. This is that night of the LORD to be observed by all the children of Israel in their generations.
43. And the LORD said to Moses and Aaron, “This is the ordinance of the Passover. No stranger shall eat of it.
44. But every man’s servant that is bought for silver, when you have circumcised him, then he shall eat of it.
45. A foreigner and a hired servant shall not eat of it.
46. It shall be eaten in one house. You shall not carry any of the flesh out of the house. Neither shall you break a bone of it.
47. All the congregation of Israel shall keep it.
48. And when a stranger shall dwell with you, and desires to keep the Passover to the LORD, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it. And he shall be as one that is born in the land. And no uncircumcised person shall eat of it.
49. There shall be one law to the one born at home and to the stranger that dwells among you.”
50. Thus did all the children of Israel. Even as the LORD commanded Moses and Aaron, so they did.
51. And it came to pass the very same day, when the LORD brought the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt by their armies, This verse should be the first part of
HTdHNcmsashall beto youHl
HPp3msshall be the firstH7223
HRHNcmpcof the yearH8141
HRHVqc'In the tenthH6218
HRHNcmsaday of thisH2088
HRdHNcmsathey shall takeH3947
HNcbsafor a father'sH1
HNcbsafor a house.H1004
HVqi3msfor the lamb,H7716
HPp3msand his neighborH7934
HTdHAamsato his houseH1004
HCHVqq3msaccording to the numberH4373
HRHNcfscof the souls,H5315
HNcmscHSp3msof his mouth,H6310
HRHNcmscyou shall countH3699
HAamsaof the firstH1121
HNcfsaYou shall takeH3947
And you shallH1961
HRHNcfsait up untilH5704
HRthe beginning of the fourteenthH702
HNcmsaof the sameH2088
HRdHNcmsaAnd the wholeH3605
HNcmscof the congregationH5712
HRthe two evenings.H6153
And they shall takeH3947
HTdHNcmsaand strike itH5414
HCHRthe upper doorpostH4947
And they shall eatH398
HNcbsaand unleavened bread.H4682
HCHNcfpaThey shall eat itH398
HCHAamsaat all with water,H4325
HCHRits inward parts.H7130
And you shall notH3808
HCHTnlet any of itH4480
HNcmsaAnd that which remainsH3498
HNcmsayou shall burnH8313
HCHDis the way you shall eatH398
HNcfpcHSp2mpon your feet,H7272
HRHNcfdcHSp2mpand your staffH4731
HCHNcmscHSp2mpin your hand.H3027
HRHNcbscHSp2mpAnd you shall eatH398
For I will pass throughH5674
HRdHNcmsaand will smiteH5221
HNcmsain the landH776
HNpI am the LORD.H3068
And the bloodH1818
HDAnd when I seeH7200
HTdHNcmsaI will pass overH6452
HRHSp2mpAnd the plagueH5063
HRHNcmsayou when I smiteH5221
HRHSp2mpAnd you shall keepH2287
HNcmsato the LORDH3068
HRHNpthroughout your generations.H1755
HRHNcmpcHSp2mpYou shall keep it a feastH2287
HVqi2mpHSp3msas a lawH2708
You shall eatH398
HRdHNcmsayou shall have put awayH7673
HNcmsaout of your houses;H1004
HNcmsafrom the firstH7223
HTdHPp3fsshall be cut offH3772
And in the firstH7223
HCHRdHNcmsathere shall beH1961
HNcmscand in the seventhH7637
HCHRdHNcmsathere shall be a holyH6944
HNcfsashall be doneH6213
HRHNcmscHSp3msmay be doneH6213
And you shall keepH8104
HTothe Feast of Unleavened Bread,H4682
HTdHNcmsaI have broughtH3318
HNcbpcHSp2mpout of the landH776
HNpTherefore you shall keepH8104
HTdHNcmsain your generationsH1755
HRHNcmpcHSp2mpas a lawH2708
In the firstH7223
HRdHAomsamonth, on the fourteenthH702
HNcmsaof the monthH2320
HRdHNcmsayou shall eatH398
HNcmscof the monthH2320
HNcmpathere shall be noH3808
HVNi3msin your houses,H1004
HVqrmsathat which is leavened,H2557
HVhrfsaeven that soulH5315
HTdHNcbsashall be cut offH3772
HCHVNq3fsfrom the congregationH5712
HTdHPp3fsbe a stranger,H1616
HCHRHNcmscin the land.H776
HRHSp2mpaccording to your families,H4940
HCHVqv2mpthe Passover lamb.H6453
HCHVqq2mpin the bloodH1818
HTrin the bowl.H5592
HNcmsaof you shall go outH3318
HVqi2mpof the doorH6607
HRHNcmscof his houseH1004
For the LORDH3068
HNpwill pass throughH5674
HNpAnd when He seesH7200
HTdHNcmsaand will notH3808
And it shall beH1961
HCyou have comeH935
HVqi3msyou, according asH834
HRHTrHe has promisedH1696
Then you shall say,H559
HNcmscof the LORD'SH3068
HNcmpcof the childrenH1121
HRHNpwhen He struckH5062
HNcmpcHSp1cp" And the peopleH5971
HCHVqw3mstheir heads and worshiped.H7812
And the childrenH1121
And it came to passH1961
HNcmsain the landH776
HNpfrom the firstbornH1060
HNcmscof the captiveH7628
HTrwasin the prison,H953
HCHVqw3msin the night,H3915
HNpAnd there wasH1961
HTrthere was notH369
And during the nightH3915
HNcmsahe sent wordH7121
HNpas you have said.H1696
HNcbscHSp2mpand your herds,H1241
HTayou have said,H1696
HVpp2mpand be gone.H3212
And the EgyptiansH4713
HCthey might send themH7971
HRHVpcfor they said,H559
HVqp3cp"We are allH3605
And the peopleH5971
HDit was leavened,H2556
HVqi3mstheir kneading troughsH4863
HNcfpcHSp3mpbeing bound upH6887
HVqsfpain their clothesH8071
And the childrenH1121
HVqp3cpaccording to the wordH1697
HNpAnd they askedH7592
HCHNcfpafrom the Egyptians.H4714
And the LORDH3068
HNcmscin the sightH5869
HRHNcbdcof the Egyptians,H4714
HNpand they granted their request,H7592
HCHVhw3mpHSp3mpand they strippedH5337
And the childrenH1121
HTdHNcmpabeing about sixH8337
HRHNcmsafrom little ones.H2945
And they bakedH644
HToof the doughH1217
HTrthey brought outH3318
HCit was notH3808
HCthey were driven outH1644
HTnhad they preparedH6213
HRHSp3mpfor the journey.
And it came to passH1961
HCHVqw3msat the endH7093
HRHNcmscof the fourH702
HCHVqw3mseven on that veryH6106
HNcbpcof the LORDH3068
HVqp3cpfrom the landH776
HTdHNcmsato be much observedH8107
HNcmpato the LORDH3068
HRHNpfor bringing themH3318
HRHVhcHSp3mpout from the landH776
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
HRHNpto be observedH8107
HNpin their generations.H1755
And the LORDH3068
HNcbscof the Passover.H6453
HNcmscthat is boughtH4736
HNcmsawhen you have circumcisedH4135
HDhe shall eatH398
It shall be eatenH398
HRHNcmsaYou shall notH3808
HTnshall you breakH7665
HRHSp2msand desires to keepH6213
HNcmsato the LORD,H3068
HCHDlet him come nearH7126
HVqj3msand keep it.H6213
HRHVqcHSp3msAnd he shall beH1961
HCHVqq3msas one that is bornH249
HRHNcmscin the land.H776
HAamsaperson shall eatH398
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved