1. And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying,
2. “Speak to the children of Israel that they turn and camp before Pi Hahiroth, between Migdol and the sea, over against Baal Zephon. You shall camp before it by the sea,
3. For Pharaoh will say of the children of Israel, ‘They are trapped in the land; the wilderness has shut them in.’
4. And I will harden Pharaoh’s heart that he will follow them. And I will be glorified through Pharaoh and all his army, so that the Egyptians may know that I am the LORD.” And they did so.
5. And the king of Egypt was told that the people fled. And the heart of Pharaoh and of his servants was turned against the people. And they said, “Why have we done this, that we have let Israel go from serving us?”
6. And he made his chariot ready and took his people with him.
7. And he took six hundred chosen chariots, and all the chariots of Egypt, and captains over every one of them.
8. And the LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh, king of Egypt. And he pursued the children of Israel, and the children of Israel went out with a high hand.
9. So the Egyptians pursued them, all the horses and chariots of Pharaoh, and his horsemen, and his army. And they overtook them camping by the sea, beside Pi Hahiroth, before Baal Zephon.
10. And when Pharaoh drew near, the children of Israel lifted up their eyes. And, behold, the Egyptians marched after them. And they were very afraid. And the children of Israel cried out to the LORD.
11. And they said to Moses, “Have you taken us away to die in the wilderness because there were no graves in Egypt? Why have you dealt this way with us to carry us forth out of Egypt?
12. Did we not tell you this word in Egypt, saying, ‘Let us alone so that we may serve the Egyptians?’ for it would have been better for us to serve the Egyptians than that we should die in the wilderness.”
13. And Moses said to the people, “Fear not! Stand still and see the salvation of the LORD which He will work for you today, for the Egyptians whom you have seen today, you shall never see them again!
14. The LORD shall fight for you, and you shall be still.”
15. And the LORD said to Moses, “Why do you cry to Me? Speak to the children of Israel that they go forward.
16. And you—lift up your rod, and stretch out your hand over the sea, and divide it. And the children of Israel shall go on dry ground through the midst of the sea.
17. And behold, I am about to harden the hearts of the Egyptians, and they shall follow them. And I will get honor for Myself upon Pharaoh, and over all his army, over his chariots and over his horsemen.
18. And the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD when I will be glorified through Pharaoh, his chariots, and his horsemen.”
19. And the angel of God, who went before the camp of Israel, moved. And he went to the rear of them. And the pillar of the cloud went from in front of them and it stood behind them.
20. And it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel. It was a cloud of darkness to one, but gave light by night to the other, so that the two did not come near one another all night.
21. And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea. And the LORD drove the sea back with a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided.
22. And the children of Israel went into the midst of the sea upon the dry ground. And the waters were a wall to them on their right hand and on their left.
23. And the Egyptians pursued and went in after them to the middle of the sea, all Pharaoh’s horses, his chariots, and his horsemen.
24. And in the morning watch it came to pass that the LORD looked down upon the army of the Egyptians through the pillar of fire and of the cloud, and the army of the Egyptians was thrown into confusion.
25. And He loosened their chariot wheels, and made them go heavily, so that the Egyptians said, “Let us flee from the face of Israel, for the LORD fights for them against the Egyptians.”
26. And the LORD said to Moses, “Stretch out your hand over the sea, so that the waters may come back upon the Egyptians, upon their chariots, and upon their horsemen.”
27. And Moses stretched forth his hand over the sea. And the sea returned to its strength when the morning appeared. And the Egyptians tried to flee from it. And the LORD overthrew the Egyptians in the middle of the sea.
28. And the waters returned and covered the chariots and the horsemen, all the army of Pharaoh that came into the sea after them. There did not remain so much as one of them.
29. But the children of Israel walked upon dry land through the middle of the sea. And the waters were a wall to them on their right hand and on their left.
30. So the LORD saved Israel that day out of the hand of the Egyptians. And Israel saw the Egyptians dead upon the seashore.
31. And Israel saw that great work which the LORD did upon the Egyptians. And the people feared the LORD, and believed the LORD and His servant Moses.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved