1. Then Moses and the children of Israel sang this song to the LORD, and spoke, saying, “I will sing to the LORD, for He has triumphed gloriously; the horse and his rider He has thrown into the sea.
2. The LORD is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation. This is my God, and I will glorify Him, my father’s God, and I will exalt Him.
3. The LORD is a Man of war; Jehovah is His name.
4. Pharaoh’s chariots and his army He has thrown into the sea; his chosen captains also are drowned in the Red Sea.
5. The depths have covered them; they sank into the depths like a stone.
6. Your right hand, O LORD, has become glorious in power. Your right hand, O LORD, has shattered the enemy in pieces.
7. And in the greatness of Your excellency You have overthrown them that rose up against You. You sent forth Your wrath, consuming them like stubble.
8. And with the blast of Your nostrils the waters were gathered together; the floods stood upright like a heap; the depths were congealed in the heart of the sea.
9. The enemy said, ‘I will pursue, I will overtake, I will divide the spoil; my lust shall be satisfied upon them, I will draw my sword, my hand shall destroy them.’
10. But, You blew with Your wind; the sea covered them. They sank like lead in the mighty waters.
11. Who is like You, O LORD, among the gods? Who is like You, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?
12. You stretched out Your right hand the earth swallowed them.
13. You in Your mercy have led forth the people which You have redeemed. You have guided them in Your strength unto Your holy habitation.
14. The people shall hear; they shall tremble. Pangs of sorrow shall take hold on the people of Philistia.
15. Then the princes of Edom were terrified. Trembling seized upon the mighty men of Moab. All the people of Canaan shall melt away.
16. Fear and dread shall fall upon them. By the greatness of Your arm they shall be still as a stone until Your people pass over, O LORD, until the people whom You have purchased pass over.
17. You shall bring them and plant them in the mountain of Your inheritance, the place, O LORD, You have made for You to dwell in; the Sanctuary, O LORD, which Your hands have established.
18. The LORD shall reign forever and ever.”
19. For Pharaoh’s horses went in with his chariots and with his horsemen into the sea, and the LORD turned back the waters of the sea upon them. But the children of Israel went on dry land through the middle of the sea.
21. And Miriam answered them, “Sing to the LORD, for He has triumphed gloriously. The horse and his rider He has flung into the sea.”
22. And Moses brought Israel from the Red Sea, and they went out into the wilderness of Shur. And they went three days in the wilderness and found no water.
23. And when they came to Marah, they could not drink of the waters of Marah because it was bitter. Therefore the name of it was called Marah.
24. And the people murmured against Moses, saying, “What shall we drink?”
25. And he cried to the LORD. And the LORD showed him a tree. And when he had cast it into the waters, the waters were made sweet. There He made a decree and a law for them, and there He proved them.
26. And he said, “If you will diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD your God, and will do that which is right in His sight, and will give ear to His commandments, and keep all His laws, I will put none of these diseases upon you, which I have brought upon the Egyptians; for I am the LORD Who heals you.”
27. And they came to Elim, where there were twelve wells of water and seventy palm trees. And they camped there by the waters.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved